Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[Locked] Do you like Prometheans as enemies in 5?

OP seaguard500

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10

Do you?

Poll Ended

I have been wandering the opinion of the community on this. To me they are not fleshed out enough (at least ones in 5) and are cheap to fight (teloport) and they discourage CQB. Also have too much health IMO.
They are literally just bodies to shoot and get in your way. They had so much potential to be interesting, but like with everything else story related after Chris Schlerf left, Brian Reed and the new writing team royally -Yoinked!- it up.
They're OP and annoying.
I love the Knights, and to a certain degree, the Soldiers. Their warp ability keeps me on my toes, but my only wish is that they didn't have homing guns.
Halo 5 didn't need the covenant in it and had to remake it's own canon to have Prometheans in it. When you have to force the enemy into the game, maybe there's something wrong.
Halo 5 didn't need the covenant in it and had to remake it's own canon to have Prometheans in it. When you have to force the enemy into the game, maybe there's something wrong.
Too true. And solid name bro XD
I love the Knights, and to a certain degree, the Soldiers. Their warp ability keeps me on my toes, but my only wish is that they didn't have homing guns.
Yeah. Is a big problem from what I hear.
Too true. And solid name bro XD
This is great XD

But yeah. also very true. I feel like a lot of things in 5 were forced.

Like going against Halo 4 in every conceivable way.
They are literally just bodies to shoot and get in your way. They had so much potential to be interesting, but like with everything else story related after Chris Schlerf left, Brian Reed and the new writing team royally -Yoinked!- it up.
Yes. Also think they did that to allow T rating. Why must Halo be T now? Oh wait. It doesn't have to be
I believe warp takes them out of combat p[lane and simple but yes, also keeps you on your toes.
I like the Knights... but that's about it.
Why I hate the others:
Crawlers: Way too damn many of them. The fact the Boltshots and Suppressors track now doesn't help. Kinda find it hard to aim at their heads sometimes.
Soldiers: One-hit kill melees. One-hit kill hijacks. Cross-mapping with LightRifles. Teleport spamming. Bullet sponges. Officer variants are annoying. Also: "THIS IS HUMANITY'S BEST" non-stop.
Watchers: Higher-tier variants can shield and heal each other. Annoying as -Yoink- when they heal bosses. Little -Yoinks!-.
Warden Eternal: Large target, but attacks are ridiculous. -Yoink- tons of health. Main strategy is tank spamming. not fun.
Why I hate the others:
Crawlers: Way too damn many of them. The fact the Boltshots and Suppressors track now doesn't help. Kinda find it hard to aim at their heads sometimes.
Soldiers: One-hit kill melees. One-hit kill hijacks. Cross-mapping with LightRifles. Teleport spamming. Bullet sponges. Officer variants are annoying. Also: "THIS IS HUMANITY'S BEST" non-stop.
Watchers: Higher-tier variants can shield and heal each other. Annoying as -Yoink- when they heal bosses. Little -Yoinks!-.
Warden Eternal: Large target, but attacks are ridiculous. -Yoink- tons of health. Main strategy is tank spamming. not fun.
Yeah, Amazing points man.

I think crawlers might have been a type of "new grunt" or maybe forrunner grunt.

Maybe soldiers are referring to themselves XD
Why I hate the others:

I think crawlers might have been a type of "new grunt" or maybe forrunner grunt.

I think the Crawlers were intended to be a low-tier, easy to kill enemy for Prometheans, similar to the way Grunts are for the Covenant. Unfortunately, they aren't nearly as entertaining to kill or listen to as Grunts are.
Why I hate the others:

I think the Crawlers were intended to be a low-tier, easy to kill enemy for Prometheans, similar to the way Grunts are for the Covenant. Unfortunately, they aren't nearly as entertaining to kill or listen to as Grunts are.
Yeah. I second them being annoying AF. Especially in 4 with crawling on walls and yoink
Why I hate the others:

Yeah. I second them being annoying AF. Especially in 4 with crawling on walls and yoink
At least when the crawled on walls, they were slightly more interesting. What I hated about them in 4 was the Crawler Snipes.
*Takes one step into new area on Legendary
*Instantly quickscoped by Crawler Snipe
Why I hate the others:

At least when the crawled on walls, they were slightly more interesting. What I hated about them in 4 was the Crawler Snipes.
"MLG crawlers" XDDDD Senpai should make that vid. Would rate 8/8 for sure
I think H5 has the best version of the knights the crawlers haven't really changed other than there are no snipes and watchers are just there to be there they are a shadow of what they were in Halo 4. Soldiers are too much of bullet sponges, if they were more aggressive fighters and were a little weaker they'd be great.
Why I hate the others:

Oh yeah, I didn't even realize they can't crawl on walls anymore. They should've left that in, that did make them more interesting.
Why I hate the others:

"MLG crawlers" XDDDD Senpai should make that vid. Would rate 8/8 for sure
Nah, maybe a 9/11 or if you're really picky a 69/420
No. They're a lifeless, unsatisfying opponent.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10