Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Do you like the change to the pulse grenade?

OP D TheLastKing

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Which version do you prefer?

Poll Ended

In recent gameplay we get a good look on how the pulse grenade works. Instead of the giant kill ball like orb that explode, drains then implode. It now explode leaving micro mini orbs behind, each mini orb explode dealing damage apon contact. A well place grenade will kill without needing to finish off the enemy unlike halo 4 version which requires shots before or after damaging an opponent with the grenade. I can't remember exactly but I believe it did bounce like a frag so the benefits the halo 4 version had of instant explosion is no more.
Ahem....... -Yoink- YEA.... That is all
I believe it's now called the Splinter Grenade.
Really? Why'd they change the name? Makes me think of the spike grenade. Why hasn't the sentinal beam or a weapon similar return?
Where is the source for this?
Yes, it looks really well done, and I love the potential for gameplay.
The video by 17k Group that shows off the customization is my source. I'm on mobile so I'm having issues with pasting the link. Pause it while he is looking through game settings and gets to starting weapon setup at the very start of the vid. It shows the grenades as Frag, Plasma, and Splinter Grenades.
Really? Why'd they change the name? Makes me think of the spike grenade.
Because its no longer a pulse. It's more like walking into a bunch of splinters.
Really? Why'd they change the name? Makes me think of the spike grenade. Why hasn't the sentinal beam or a weapon similar return?
It probably has something to do with the fact that it's clearly not the same grenade.
because the nade doesn't pulse anymore and instead produces splinters.
Yes. This nade is FAAAAARRRRR better than the Halo 4 nade.
Halo 4 Pulse Grenade was too bad...now it seems to be a dead machine! I like it :D #Halo5SplinterNade
dajhier1 wrote:
Where is the source for this?
https://twitter.com/Greenskull/status/647562462422781952
I don't know yet. In Halo 4, it was pointless. We'll see when we try Halo 5.
AS the person who has had the number one pulse grenade kills in the world, Yes I do like the new ones.
erickyboo wrote:
AS the person who has had the number one pulse grenade kills in the world, Yes I do like the new ones.
The world expert has spoken. XD
Shurifire wrote:
erickyboo wrote:
The world expert has spoken. XD
All hail the expert!!!
I already liked the Pulse grenade and these new version looks even better than it already was.
Heck yes !!!
erickyboo wrote:
how many pulse grenade kills did you have to get? 10?
It was pretty useless in Halo 4, so yeah, any change is a good change at this point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2