Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Do you think Infinite will get delayed into 2021?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Do you think Infinite will get delayed into 2021?

Make Your Selection:

The world has changed a lot due to the coronavirus, so many things have been canceled or delayed. Do you think 343 and MS will delay Infinite to some date in 2021?
Nha I don’t think so Microsoft seems very confident launching series X this year
If they delay Infinite, they have to delay the Series X since Infinite is a launch title of the Series X
If they delay Infinite, they have to delay the Series X since Infinite is a launch title of the Series X
Phil Spencer stated even if Infinite gets delayed, Series X won't be.
Phil Spencer stated even if Infinite gets delayed, Series X won't be.
Ok
I chose 50/50 because of this corona business. Some other XGS games have been delayed and several outside of xbox have as well including a huge game like The Last of Us 2 so I can see it happening.

Phil Spencer also said in an interview that they won't delay the release of XSX for any game so that sounds to me like they're willing to delay Infinite if they need to, they won't rush it out just to launch with the console.
I've heard 343 is still trying to go for their original release. If Infinite does get delayed, it better not get delayed to Holiday 2021
I've heard 343 is still trying to go for their original release. If Infinite does get delayed, it better not get delayed to Holiday 2021
I think if it gets delayed into 2021, they really won’t push it back a year. I suspect it’ll only be a few months, like March or April at the latest.
100% yes. Looking at the bigger picture, we're 6 months away from the launch of Halo Infinite assuming it's still on time. If you look back at the launch years for previous Halo games, we should have more information than we currently have. The last bit of anything we heard was at E3 2019 aside from the Halo Infinite collectibles by Wicked Cool Toys. If you look back at Halo 5: Guardians, which came out in October 2015, we had information regarding the campaign, characters, and consumed with the "Hunt The Truth" anti-campaign by March/April 2015.

Don't you think it's a tad odd that we haven't heard or seen anything in almost a year? I'm not criticizing 343 though it'd be nice to hear something regarding what the latest is on Infinite's development. If its going to be delayed, that's fine, just come out and say it already. Besides, a 2021 release is much more fitting given that it'll be the 20th anniversary of Halo. Think about it! Hyping up Halo Infinite's release with a second tour of Outpost Discovery, HaloFest 2.0 details, and the Halo TV series by Showtime. Sounds like the perfect opportunity to me.
I'll go with over 50% likely. We've gotten almost no information about the game so far and we're coming up on 6 months until it's supposed to be released. On top of that, Phil Spencer explicitly mentioned Infinite when discussing the Series X. He pointed out that even if Infinite is delayed, the console will roll out on time... which does not bode well. That's what I call managing expectations. If Infinite was on schedule and ready to be released during Holiday 2020, then he would have said something like "Infinite and Series X are releasing as scheduled" instead of "Series X will be dropping as scheduled even if Infinite is not".

That being said, I'm 100% okay with Infinite getting delayed, should that have to happen. It's obviously not ideal, but the folks at 343 aren't miracle workers, and I don't expect them to put their lives on the line just so I can play Infinite on schedule.
Considering the current state of things, I would not be surprised if the game gets delayed. Infinite is too important to fail; it is critical to the success of both the Series X and the Halo franchise going forward. 343/Microsoft is not going to release the game unless they are absolutely sure that it will be a hit. Also, like TheLegendary117 said, a delayed release means that they would have more time to promote the game and test for issues. It would also line up perfectly with the 20th anniversary of Halo.

I would have no problem with Infinite being delayed if that is what it comes down to, and I don't think that it would be right to blame 343/Microsoft. I blame the CCP for letting this virus get out of control. I just want everyone working on the game to stay safe, and if that means a delayed game then so be it.
The world has changed a lot due to the coronavirus, so many things have been canceled or delayed. Do you think 343 and MS will delay Infinite to some date in 2021?
343 already stated they’re making all their deadlines and making good progress, adapting to working at home. I think if it was going to be delayed and there was a certainty that they wouldn’t be able to make a 2020 release they would’ve told us. In any case, I want them to take their time.
Even if it does get delayed, I’m pretty sure most of us can stay patient. 343i doesn’t need to rush this, there’s already a lot of stress going around. The last thing they need is everyone overworking.
Halo itself almost revolves solely on Halo Infinite launching this year. It also revolves on Infinite having a good release. Right now 343 is caught between a rock and a hard place. Edit: I'm not saying I'm against Infinite being delayed, I'm just saying it would be a big blow if they do.
Ordinarily, I'd say yes, but for the first mainline Halo release in five years, I doubt Microsoft would pass up the holiday sales.
I'm not sure if 343 Industries want to delay Halo Infinite to 2021. I have been waiting to see an official gameplay from Halo Infinite ever since the trailer came out from E3 2019. But, if 343 Industries want to take their time to finish the animation, gameplay and visual effects in Halo Infinite, then I'm okay with them delaying the new Halo video game to 2021.
No because the xbox series x is still planning to still release I think l and halo I such a great way to kick of a new console.
I personally think that at the very least, Halo Infinite will make the 2020 deadline, however, it likely might not be here until late November or early December. But at this point, I wouldn't be so sure about anything, so like, 75% sure It'll be here before 2021.
Profesnol wrote:
I personally think that at the very least, Halo Infinite will make the 2020 deadline, however, it likely might not be here until late November or early December. But at this point, I wouldn't be so sure about anything, so like, 75% sure It'll be here before 2021.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought infinite was going to be released Holdiay 2020 assuming there were no delays, so I kind of doubt we’ll get it then. But hey, at least you’re hopeful
Honestly I really hope that they take their time here. Because it'll all be worth it in the long run please don't rush them guys. Let them do what they do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2