1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5

Do you trust 343i

Make Your Selection:

Do you trust 343 after many lies/dumb mistakes that have told us in the past?
  • The marketing campaign for halo 5 was nothing like what we got in the finished game.
  • 343 lied about the length of halo 5s campaign saying that it could be beaten form 8-12 hours on normal when it can comfortably be beaten in 5-6 hours.
  • 343 also lied about the amount of maps in the game by saying that there were 21 maps present at launch which included 5 breakout maps, forge maps, remixes and more.
  • 343 have a bad track record of not fixing countless issues in the game and also launch the updates with tonnes of bugs and glitches present.
I would not blame 343 so much. As a comunity we send a lot of false signal when reciving something. Or better to say, the diversity of options about halo 4 story.

BUT i know who more likly guilty for the mistakes in halo 5.
MICROSOFT.- cortana has to go out of halo because we need her for siri clon......(later) oh -Yoink- bring ehr back nthese guyys are pissed.
- make this story.....nonono make it more like this...oh wait f*** it make this.
- make this game for esport( or the rewright in generell)

343 isnt free from guilt, but the real problem is microsoft. 343 trys too give us the halo experince we dare, but microsft folloows its intressest in gaining money.....
but who am i to judge baout this.
Not really. But I rarely trust game developers to begin with.
At this point, sadly no.

I'm a huge lore fan that has enjoyed every campaign and Halo book in existence pre-Halo 5. The campaign was honestly so bad it's mind boggling. I though H4 was a great campaign. A masterpiece for a first (numbered) Halo game by 343 and it had so many great avenues to explore for Halo 5. MC was back baby, and he had reason to go HAM at the end.

Then Halo 5 truly blew it more than any game (from a story POV) I have ever seen in my gaming history. It wasn't the worst game... But 'for what it had to work with and what it produced'... Easily proportionally the worst story game ever, for me.
There have been a few threads on this already with similar results.

At the end of the day, we have no idea what goes on inside for sure. Looking at a lot of the concept designs and such (there was a thread on that too) it seemed halo 5 was going in a great direction. The beta was very solid too, with many unnecessary changes (the aiming for example). So, if I were to take a guess that wasn't too tinfoil hat, I'd say the leadership at 343 is the problem, not Microsoft. As they make the decisions. I believe the individual staff of course do their best, but are held back by poor leadership and planning. Now I'm not making excuses for them or defending them, as many of you may have seen me around the forums I do quite the opposite -where necessary and within reason of course, not "hate".
I would not blame 343 so much. As a comunity we send a lot of false signal when reciving something. Or better to say, the diversity of options about halo 4 story.

MICROSOFT.- cortana has to go out of halo because we need her for siri clon......(later) oh -Yoink- bring ehr back nthese guyys are pissed.
- make this story.....nonono make it more like this...oh wait f*** it make this.

343 isnt free from guilt, but the real problem is microsoft. 343 trys too give us the halo experince we dare, but microsft folloows its intressest in gaining money.....
Why do people keep pushing the whole "Microsoft wanted Cortana dead, then brought her back" thing? Was there ever any actual evidence of this or did people just believe that late night gaming dude?

If there is evidence for it, please link it. Because I can't help but think people are just regurgitating all the nonsense they see on the internet.
Nope. Nope. Nope.

Why do people keep pushing the whole "Microsoft wanted Cortana dead, then brought her back" thing? Was there ever any actual evidence of this or did people just believe that late night gaming dude?

If there is evidence for it, please link it. Because I can't help but think people are just regurgitating all the nonsense they see on the internet.
I know that these things are not verrifed or confirmed, but from the picture i have of microsoft. it suites the case.
H4 launched and it was poorly received because it was poorly developed and we heard
"we've learned from our mistakes and will do better"

TMCC launched and it was 100% broken and is still broken in a lot of regards and we heard

H5 launched in an unfinished state missing core content with a broken aiming system that they had to implement new "features" to fix (it didn't) and the list goes on
and we heard

there is a pattern emerging here
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I did is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
I trust 343I because I can see the entire aspect of why they're doing what they do. Everything is for a reason and that's reason is to make Halo 6 the huge game. Just wait and see
Lanzerat wrote:
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
I trust 343I because I can see the entire aspect of why they're doing what they do. Everything is for a reason and that's reason is to make Halo 6 the huge game. Just wait and see
That's what you all said with Halo 4, yet in Halo 5 they threw out the "foundation to the trilogy", ignored Spartan OP's, and halo escalations story buildup (Janus key, halseys revenge, Jul Mdama killed as if he were a grunt). Halo 4s campaign was meant to "make halo 5 epic" according to those who defended them-clearly not the case.

You are essentially trusting them because you don't know what will happen next. That's literally all you are saying.
Lanzerat wrote:
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
That's what you all said with Halo 4, yet in Halo 5 they threw out the "foundation to the trilogy", ignored Spartan OP's, and halo escalations story buildup (Janus key, halseys revenge, Jul Mdama killed as if he were a grunt). Halo 4s campaign was meant to "make halo 5 epic" according to those who defended them-clearly not the case.

You are essentially trusting them because you don't know what will happen next. That's literally all you are saying.
No. What if Halseys revenge comes to light in Halo 6? What if Juhl Mdama are not dead? What if the Janus key gets a more bigger role in Halo 6? What if gravemind is behind the Cortanas acting? Everything is now possible.
Lanzerat wrote:
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I did is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
Yes but the story was still poorly developed and had little to no character development which doesnt have anything to do with halo 6.
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:

No. What if Halseys revenge comes to light in Halo 6? What if Juhl Mdama are not dead? What if the Janus key gets a more bigger role in Halo 6? What if gravemind is behind the Cortanas acting? Everything is now possible.
Interesting points. But i have to diaagree. Jul Mdama is definitely dead as he was literally stabbed to death. Unless that he used a clone/look a like i highly doubt that he is alive
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:

Interesting points. But i have to diaagree. Jul Mdama is definitely dead as he was literally stabbed to death. Unless that he used a clone/look a like i highly doubt that he is alive
Or the Flood resurrects him or uses his corps
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:

1-Halsey had the perfect chance for revenge working with Jul, her past association with him was very much ignored in halo 5. Further, even if she were to have revenge, now is not the time for it seeing as humanity is at risk, again.
2- He is dead. Bringing him back would be even worse, and a sign of poor storytelling.
3-It won't, Jul was the villain behind that whole plot, and with the guardians about pursuing it would be fruitless. The key seemed to magically disappear after Halo escalation finished, as it was not mentioned in halo 5 ( as from memory jul had a piece of it, or even both at one point).
4- If that were true it would be far more obvious, it is clear that Cortana is behaving through her own free wil in halo 5, no signs of rampancy or foreign control. This is evident in her character and body language. Go look at Halo 3, you can very clearly sees he is being effected there, those signs are not in Halo 5 at all, so if it were to come through in 6 that she was under some external control, it would have been a decision made after Halo 5s story design.

All I see here is denial and the blind hope 343 will come through, and that's not healthy.
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:

Or the Flood resurrects him or uses his corps
Then it wouldn't be Jul mdama, just a flood spore possessing a Sangheili body.
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:

1-Halsey had the perfect chance for revenge working with Jul, her past association with him was very much ignored in halo 5. Further, even if she were to have revenge, now is not the time for it seeing as humanity is at risk, again.
2- He is dead. Bringing him back would be even worse, and a sign of poor storytelling.
3-It won't, Jul was the villain behind that whole plot, and with the guardians about pursuing it would be fruitless. The key seemed to magically disappear after Halo escalation finished, as it was not mentioned in halo 5 ( as from memory jul had a piece of it, or even both at one point).
4- If that were true it would be far more obvious, it is clear that Cortana is behaving through her own free wil in halo 5, no signs of rampancy or foreign control. This is evident in her character and body language. Go look at Halo 3, you can very clearly sees he is being effected there, those signs are not in Halo 5 at all, so if it were to come through in 6 that she was under some external control, it would have been a decision made after Halo 5s story design.

All I see here is denial and the blind hope 343 will come through, and that's not healthy.
What if Halsey had both Janus key and "betrayed" Juhl Mdma by "surrender herself to Infinity by telling her where she is at because she knows what Cortana is doing and have a much bigger plan for Infinity but she are acting harmless because Halsey is smart and may trick Infinity to a trap made by the gravemind using Cortana as bait
I don't really trust any game developers or publishers cause of all the shady tactics done by them over the years that has had a rather big impact on my spending of video game. I used to spend about £20-30 a week on games now I spend some thing like £50-100 in a year. Shady things were things like having content on disc needing to verify new copy which they always were and having codes that wouldn't work and wanting another £20 for the full game, dlc that cost just as much or more as the game, then the stores do their best to make buying games the worst experience with hovering managers making sure employees don't be honest with you.

343i though seem more trust worthy than others though I do feel the game shouldn't really of had full price on release cause it's only now on enough content to warrant it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5