OP homerduff15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Yes, I completely trust and support 343.

Here's why:

1. They take over a beloved franchise. First game, a complete remaster of the original game, with the ability to switch graphic modes, new content, and a return to Halo CE's MP, online for the first time (though admittedly, the game as a whole wasn't great since not all of the maps were back and it was basically added Reach content). That said, effort, and something fans would enjoy.

2. Their second title is Halo 4. It looks and plays great, is arguably one of the best campaigns (not my favorite, but still, very solid) and the MP is fun, albeit not as good as the original trilogy. But c'mon, give them a bit of a pass here. It's entirely new content for an established franchise with a completely new developer. There was bound to be bumps in the road. And give them credit for trying new things - I enjoyed the shakeup to MP that was loadouts, even if I wasn't a fan of weapon drops. It was, again, effort to try and keep the series fresh, and they learned here that's not what the players want.

3. Some mobile games later, they release their most ambitious project yet - the MCC. Without question, there were major hiccups here, but they weren't foreseen and though it took several months to truly fix, eventually, the game was playable. And my lord. $60 for Halo CE, 2, 3, 4, ODST, Spartan Ops (another however many hours of content there), the remaster of 2, and literally every MP map and gametype since the original Halo, plus Forge I believe, playable together on one package? The best value in gaming ever released, and not all that close, once it worked as it was supposed to.

4. Enter Halo 5. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign. But in the interest of full disclosure, I read the books as a kid, knew who Blue Team was going in. The biggest thing for me with 5's campaign though was how much it EXPANDED on the Halo universe and VASTLY improved the extent of it. We fought on Sanghelios. A mining colony. Various other very memorable locations. In past Halo's? Earth, a Halo ring, the Ark, and the Covenant city (High Charity?). That was it. Then take the MP. Best since probably Halo 2 or 3, very competitive, they learned from their mistakes with 4 and took their time on this one. Monthly, mostly quality updates, for FREE. More coming. That's insane!

5. I probably won't get it, but they took the property from the defunct past game developer who did Halo Wars (a quality game) and are bringing that back to life with Halo Wars 2.

So I guess in summary, yes, I fully trust 343. They continue to learn from their mistakes, push the envelope, and are getting better and better with this franchise. I fully expect Halo 6 to be amazing... all the modes they've fleshed out in 5, a much better and memorable campaign by most people's standards, and (hopefully?) split-screen's return.
Not in the slightest.
I Love halo 5 for something I like to play but I hate that they can not fix the sound bug at the begging of a WZ match, I mean seriously ??? you can't fix it after 3 updates, how hard can it be. back in the day that would not even happen but now seems normal to have a game with issues.

* no connection / lost connection
* bad spawns ( one time out side the map so I suicide and other time right in front enemy team... in BTB ... I got ninja at 2 seconds a t the beginning of a mach c'on !!!
* retrieving Req data... all the time ...
* I have a problem where I cann't earn airssasination medal
* kill with Binary rifle doesn't show up ( I noticed this recently)

those are at the top of my head at the moment
kind of because you kind cant blame 343 for everything because microsoft is part of halo 5 being bad
No.

With the way they've given up on MCC bug fixes(even though there are still plenty of things to address), I have lost any and all trust I had in the company.
I would not blame 343 so much. As a comunity we send a lot of false signal when reciving something. Or better to say, the diversity of options about halo 4 story.

BUT i know who more likly guilty for the mistakes in halo 5.
MICROSOFT.- cortana has to go out of halo because we need her for siri clon......(later) oh -Yoink- bring ehr back nthese guyys are pissed.
- make this story.....nonono make it more like this...oh wait f*** it make this.
- make this game for esport( or the rewright in generell)

343 isnt free from guilt, but the real problem is microsoft. 343 trys too give us the halo experince we dare, but microsft folloows its intressest in gaining money.....
but who am i to judge baout this.
Why do people keep pushing the whole "Microsoft wanted Cortana dead, then brought her back" thing? Was there ever any actual evidence of this or did people just believe that late night gaming dude?

If there is evidence for it, please link it. Because I can't help but think people are just regurgitating all the nonsense they see on the internet.
I know that these things are not verrifed or confirmed, but from the picture i have of microsoft. it suites the case.
So you're spreading information as fact that you yourself don't even know is true?

It's fine if you don't like Microsoft, but if you're going to say such things, at least verify that they're true. Otherwise you come off as ignorant. Not trying to be insulting towards you, but is how it seems.
I still do trust 343 with the Halo seris. They have made some very huge mistakes. But i know that they will make Halo 6 a good game. Surely it will have less flaws than the previous titles. And I do remember once hearing that Halo 5 was a beta for Halo 6. I'll leave it at that.
The Dnend Legion
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
I trust 343I because I can see the entire aspect of why they're doing what they do. Everything is for a reason and that's reason is to make Halo 6 the huge game. Just wait and see
That's what you all said with Halo 4, yet in Halo 5 they threw out the "foundation to the trilogy", ignored Spartan OP's, and halo escalations story buildup (Janus key, halseys revenge, Jul Mdama killed as if he were a grunt). Halo 4s campaign was meant to "make halo 5 epic" according to those who defended them-clearly not the case.

You are essentially trusting them because you don't know what will happen next. That's literally all you are saying.
No. What if Halseys revenge comes to light in Halo 6? What if Juhl Mdama are not dead? What if the Janus key gets a more bigger role in Halo 6? What if gravemind is behind the Cortanas acting? Everything is now possible.
Let me just put you down there, silliest thing i've read all day.
'Mdama is dead as hell. He was stabbed in the throat and thrown to the side.
Halsey's revenge was discarded the moment she started working with the UNSC again.
The Janus key and the absolute record to which it accesses, were pointlessly destroyed in Escalation, so neither of those are coming back, i'll say that much.
A Gravemind controlling her actions would be ridiculous to say the least, considering that it'd have to have access to the domain. But we'll see how the flood are handled in Halo Wars 2.
They've actually limited themselves quite drastically with Halo 5, from its poorly written plot to its 2D characters. The whole story didn't make a lot of sense and ruined the last 3 years worth of set up.
HYv47 wrote:
I still do trust 343 with the Halo seris. They have made some very huge mistakes. But i know that they will make Halo 6 a good game. Surely it will have less flaws than the previous titles. And I do remember once hearing that Halo 5 was a beta for Halo 6. I'll leave it at that.
The Dnend Legion
All evidence to the contrary, there's no reason to believe they will make a good game. And, Halo 5? a full game? a beta for a game 3 years away? gonna call huge amounts of BS on that, but by all means if you have a source on that claim feel free to link.
Ehhh kinda, not really lol
I would not blame 343 so much. As a comunity we send a lot of false signal when reciving something. Or better to say, the diversity of options about halo 4 story.

MICROSOFT.- cortana has to go out of halo because we need her for siri clon......(later) oh -Yoink- bring ehr back nthese guyys are pissed.
- make this story.....nonono make it more like this...oh wait f*** it make this.

343 isnt free from guilt, but the real problem is microsoft. 343 trys too give us the halo experince we dare, but microsft folloows its intressest in gaining money.....
Why do people keep pushing the whole "Microsoft wanted Cortana dead, then brought her back" thing? Was there ever any actual evidence of this or did people just believe that late night gaming dude?

If there is evidence for it, please link it. Because I can't help but think people are just regurgitating all the nonsense they see on the internet.
I know that these things are not verrifed or confirmed, but from the picture i have of microsoft. it suites the case.
So you're spreading information as fact that you yourself don't even know is true?

It's fine if you don't like Microsoft, but if you're going to say such things, at least verify that they're true. Otherwise you come off as ignorant. Not trying to be insulting towards you, but is how it seems.
Cortana coming back as a villan is a twist on the story. The big question I have is will chef kill cortana when he gets the chance.
I trust Gud ol'e Bungie...
ShaconBelf wrote:
HYv47 wrote:
The Dnend Legion
All evidence to the contrary, there's no reason to believe they will make a good game. And, Halo 5? a full game? a beta for a game 3 years away? gonna call huge amounts of BS on that, but by all means if you have a source on that claim feel free to link.
Oh i dont have a source. I was juat stating that i heard that somewhere. I will link this though. He he he.
The Dnend Legion
Well, looking at the polling Data....wow....343i needs to pull its Skull out of its 'Hot right now.
HYv47 wrote:
ShaconBelf wrote:
HYv47 wrote:
The Dnend Legion
Oh i dont have a source. I was juat stating that i heard that somewhere. I will link this though. He he he.
The Dnend Legion
no...

Also LNG leaked it.

I would say I do trust 343. They have made some mistakes but they have also had a lot of successes. I'm enjoying halo 5 and it keeps improving, so yes, I trust 343.

Cortana coming back as a villan is a twist on the story. The big question I have is will chef kill cortana when he gets the chance.
Ok, don't know why you replied to my post as what you said has nothing to do with what the other guy and I were talking about.
I dont have a problem with them. Maybe they over promise and over hype. But lie? That's a strong word.
Nope, Never, thats a negative, uh-uh, nahh!
Kind of; they made some bad decisions and some good decisions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5