2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Yes halo 5 multiplayer is great for me

This post has been hidden.

I believe 343 is a very talented group just, their talent isn't being put to good use. I mainly blame microsoft but idk
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: 343i has proved they can be good at different aspects of the Halo franchise. In Halo 4 they had an amazing story/campaign. Halo 5's multiplayer, in my opinion, is the best of all the Halo games. So yes, I do trust them. I think that they have experimented enough with the different aspects of the Halo games, and will make Halo 6 extremely well.
I believe they did ok with the campaign but the multiplayer was excellent.
Yes halo 5 multiplayer is great for me
Yes I agree
Lanzerat wrote:
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I did is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
I trust 343I because I can see the entire aspect of why they're doing what they do. Everything is for a reason and that's reason is to make Halo 6 the huge game. Just wait and see
Why is Palmer a jerk or Del Rio dangerously incompetent or the Didacts motivations.
Well this is Halo 4's mistake on relying on Extended universe and not doing universe building in game. Bungie's Destiny did the same thing. Why people said the game had no real story when I had lots

Only civilians who never served in the military think Palmer is a Jerk, when honestly she isn't. She is a soldier who leads from the front and expects people to keep up with her or not be there at all. After my time in the Army, not once did I get a, "This woman is a complete and utter A-Hole" and more of a, "this a officer who doesn't want to see her men die pointless death, or her comrades hurt needlessly. So she takes all the burden on her shoulders"

Way betier then Miranda Keyes in Halo 3 who was just a gun-gardening tool idiot and really killed Halo 3 story for me and my squad when we were playing co-op in Iraq

Captain Del Rio wasn't incompetent, he wouldn't be the captain of the Infinity if he was. But he was a officer in the military for politics, which is a scary officer to have with you in the sandbox. Because all they think about over all 1st is their career. He was easy to follow if you start going looking at it thay way.

All that other stuff like with the Didact and the other games. That wasn't character development. That was UNIVERSE BUILDING. Bungie did it in their games, but 343I is like, "game series has been out for 10+ years, you can't rely on games alone to get the fI'll picture of the universe. Just like how in Star Wars and other long running sci-first series, you can no long rely on the movies alone." So with 343I games, you have to do your homework before going in

See the Didact's character was fine in Halo 4. But you had to already know his back story before hand. But that would require reading. But once you knew it going into the game, you realize the Didact's character in how he was protrayed and performed in Halo 4 was pretty good.

And all those stuff you mention as character development in the other games was not character development, but world building as I mentioned. I saw very little or zero actual real character development. People have totally gone over board with the definition and have expanded it to envelope other things.

Or expect it to much in everything. One reason Halo 4 did amazing in plot as well was how it's story was done. The story was told in a here and now perspective, from chief's point of view only. Which was amazing. For in Real Life, your nor going to get all the answers. Especially as a enlisted soldier, which Chief is. Halo 5 kinda tried to do this, but wasn't executed well, and that was a big problem.
nah
The only problem i have with 343 is that they are to lazy to not fix anything
Do you trust 343 after many lies/dumb mistakes that have told us in the past?
  • The marketing campaign for halo 5 was nothing like what we got in the finished game.
  • 343 lied about the length of halo 5s campaign saying that it could be beaten form 8-12 hours on normal when it can comfortably be beaten in 5-6 hours.
  • 343 also lied about the amount of maps in the game by saying that there were 21 maps present at launch which included 5 breakout maps, forge maps, remixes and more.
  • 343 have a bad track record of not fixing countless issues in the game and also launch the updates with tonnes of bugs and glitches present.
  1. Microsoft controls the marketing. The trailers for all the other games had misleading and false depictions, but that doesn't matter because Bungie can't do anything wrong.
  2. Every game can be beaten under the given time. I bet you played it on easy and were constantly sprinting.
  3. They said 21 maps. 21 maps were present.
  4. Halo 5 had a solid launch. Glitches added in the updates are incredibly minor and the large ones were rare and fixed every update. Should we also forget the many, many glitches and bugs present in the older games?
I more trust human intelligence than 343i. I believe that after all the **** that's been thrown at them, 343 should now by now what to do and what not to do. At least, I hope so. They could always screw this up.
  • The marketing campaign for halo 5 was nothing like what we got in the finished game.
  • 343 lied about the length of halo 5s campaign saying that it could be beaten form 8-12 hours on normal when it can comfortably be beaten in 5-6 hours.
  • 343 also lied about the amount of maps in the game by saying that there were 21 maps present at launch which included 5 breakout maps, forge maps, remixes and more.
  • 343 have a bad track record of not fixing countless issues in the game and also launch the updates with tonnes of bugs and glitches present.
First of all, who plays 8-12 hours straight?, and there are plenty of maps now. And the game is working perfectly to me.
Halo 5 was good because they brought back Arby :D
And then look at the "high frame rate/graphics = no split screen is a must!"
I would rather play Disney Infinity (a slow, childish, glitch-filled game for kids) with split screen with my friends than Halo5 alone...
Then look at the "amazing" stuff they "added" that made them take out splitscreen
"60 FPS"... yet when you zoom in on someone far away it looks worse than Pokemon Red/Blue's running animation
"Graphics", yet everything looks like its made out of playdough/clay and the straight blue and red colours look cartoony/fake as ever.

Not trying to be a fan-boy of the olden days like a lot of people, but Halo 3 is better in so many ways and still has split screen.

That alone (don't even get me started on the rest) made me lose all trust in 343.
Lanzerat wrote:
It's funny because many think the campaign are unfinished, no it's just a chapter to the Reclaimer trilogy. What 343I did is huge to the possibilites for the Halo 6. Where the story is heading now I think it could beat Halo 3s campaign. Only if they do it right. Why Cortana is returned can contain a huge secret maybe many of you don't know, yet!
I trust 343I because I can see the entire aspect of why they're doing what they do. Everything is for a reason and that's reason is to make Halo 6 the huge game. Just wait and see
Yes but the story was still poorly developed and had little to no character development which doesnt have anything to do with halo 6.
To be Honest, Halo 4 was the only Halo game that had real character development. Halo 2 comes close with the Arbiter, but not so much. The rest were even more lack luster then Halo 5.

But to be Honest, in halo 5, 343I pulled a Battlefield Bad Company with character Development. Most of the character development didn't come from the cutscenes but the banter your teammates did if you took your time exploring areas. And with that, you actually end up seeing Locke and Osiris begin to develop a lot.

But this is what I say is Halo 5's mistake. Players like to rush and beat things as fast as they can. It's become all go-go-go mentality, and I'm guilty of this. (Fallout 4 being a prime example, I'm finding stuff I completely missed on my survival playthrough that forces you to take things super slow) So because of this, people end up missing a lot.

There has been plenty of times where I'm playing with a friend or talking to someone about Halo 5's plot and I told them a key bit of Intel you only get when you sit around in one spot and watch time drift you by, when your fireteam starts talking about random stuff with each other.
I'm sorry but did you say character development, besides Chief and Cortana Halo 4 had no character development whatsoever. Why is Palmer a jerk or Del Rio dangerously incompetent or the Didacts motivations. Halo 2 has vastly more Character development than any other Halo game. It explores the relationship between the covenant species, the power struggle between the Prophets and Truths selfish ambitions Tartarus's pride and the Arbiters realisations about Halo. Halo 3 had IMO more development than 4, Chief and Cortanas relationship felt more grounded and human, platonic rather than the Dramatic romance bs in 4.
I know right...Halo 2 GAVE the Coveneant character. We knew their motivations, the place of power of each species, learned about the fragile relationship between brutes and elites. Halo 5 should have done the same for the prometheans (second game in the "trilogy") but no...We could have learned moe about the prometheans, fought new ones etc etc. But instead we get the Warden Eternal who raises even more questions.

Halo 5, no questions answered, more questions asked.
Honestly, I trust 343 to WANT to do the right thing, but not to know how to do that.

They lied about the plot of 5, but that's because they thought what it actually was would be better than what they said it was. It's... very 50/50 as to whether or not they were right about that, though I personally still believe the teased plot would've been much, MUCH better.

They lied about how long it would take, but maybe the estimate they gave was either an underestimation of the player's abilities, or assuming most of that time would be spent combing the area for secrets.

They lied about how many maps were in the game, but it could be they intended that many maps, but realized too late they couldn't deliver on that promise.

As for bugs and bug fixes, I'm gonna go the blame Microsoft route. Microsoft have pushed tight deadlines before, and also forced developers to cut down on time spent for bug fixes.
  1. Microsoft controls the marketing. The trailers for all the other games had misleading and false depictions, but that doesn't matter because Bungie can't do anything wrong.
  2. Every game can be beaten under the given time. I bet you played it on easy and were constantly sprinting.
  3. They said 21 maps. 21 maps were present.
  4. Halo 5 had a solid launch. Glitches added in the updates are incredibly minor and the large ones were rare and fixed every update. Should we also forget the many, many glitches and bugs present in the older games?
  • Look at my service record. I've beat the campaign on heroic when I bought the game and later beat it on legendary.
  • 21 maps included the war zone assault variants which were just smaller variants of the warzone maps that require much less effort to make.
  • Yes but we still have so many tiny but announcing bugs STILL present in the game and most updates they launch usually have to be fixed (ie; Warzone Firefigth Hotfix)
  • For the marketing well I have to agree with you there as I also blame M$ for this but 343 are still part of microsoft.
Romeo2647 wrote:
First of all, who plays 8-12 hours straight?, and there are plenty of maps now. And the game is working perfectly to me.
This is when the game LAUNCHED. Now the game has a lot more maps but it still isn't a full game and were 10 months post launch. Ps : Happy 10 month Birthday Halo 5
I kind of do. I trust that 343 will do good with Halo Wars 2's story (it looks good so far), but I will lose my trust in 343 if the story is lackluster for whatever reason.
I would not blame 343 so much. As a comunity we send a lot of false signal when reciving something. Or better to say, the diversity of options about halo 4 story.

BUT i know who more likly guilty for the mistakes in halo 5.
MICROSOFT.- cortana has to go out of halo because we need her for siri clon......(later) oh -Yoink- bring ehr back nthese guyys are pissed.
- make this story.....nonono make it more like this...oh wait f*** it make this.
- make this game for esport( or the rewright in generell)

343 isnt free from guilt, but the real problem is microsoft. 343 trys too give us the halo experince we dare, but microsft folloows its intressest in gaining money.....
but who am i to judge baout this.
Why do people keep pushing the whole "Microsoft wanted Cortana dead, then brought her back" thing? Was there ever any actual evidence of this or did people just believe that late night gaming dude?

If there is evidence for it, please link it. Because I can't help but think people are just regurgitating all the nonsense they see on the internet.
I know that these things are not verrifed or confirmed, but from the picture i have of microsoft. it suites the case.
So you're spreading information as fact that you yourself don't even know is true?

It's fine if you don't like Microsoft, but if you're going to say such things, at least verify that they're true. Otherwise you come off as ignorant. Not trying to be insulting towards you, but is how it seems.
Cortana coming back as a villan is a twist on the story. The big question I have is will chef kill cortana when he gets the chance.
when they make this storyplot more intense...
i mean chief thourght he lost cortana, then oh she is alive...no big deal. only at the end of their meating, cortana has shown emotion....the whole genesis missions, were underwealing for storys tension....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5