Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Dual-Wielding in Halo: Infinite

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

Would you like to see dual-wielding in Infinite?

Make Your Selection:

As much as I want dual wielding back, I don’t think it’ll happen. But I can be wrong.
It's possible we may see its return, but I wouldn't put all my chips on the table.
I'm not a fan of dual weilding. It makes using a single weapon extremely underpowered, and it's not realistic at all.

It looks cool though
If it was brought back then, make way for my SMG's.
I hope it comes back, but I won't complain if it doesn't
I'm not a fan of dual weilding. It makes using a single weapon extremely underpowered, and it's not realistic at all.

It looks cool though
Is "realistic" what we want?
Would love to the see the feature back. It sucks that it hasn't been brought back since Halo 3 honestly
But..but... what about my precious Spartan abilities :(

Nahhh just kidding, I say hell yeah to DW but if Spartan abilities are involved in Halo Infinite then I'm afraid DW is out of the question.
Dual wield should come back but give it some restrictions:
1. Cannot use Smart-Link or zoom in while dual wielding (and thus, no stabilization).
2. Cannot sprint while dual wielding (and thus, no Spartan charge)
3. Can Ground Pound while dual wielding, but throw the second gun while doing so.
4. Just make Pistols, SMG and Plasma Rifle dual-wieldable.

Maybe make Elites able to dual wield swords at last.
Dual wield should come back but give it some restrictions:
1. Cannot use Smart-Link or zoom in while dual wielding (and thus, no stabilization).
2. Cannot sprint while dual wielding (and thus, no Spartan charge)
3. Can Ground Pound while dual wielding, but throw the second gun while doing so.
4. Just make Pistols, SMG and Plasma Rifle dual-wieldable.

Maybe make Elites able to dual wield swords at last.
Well, I'm hoping Smart-Scope and Ground Pound do not return in Halo's future anyway. As for Sprint, I'm impartial, but starting to lean towards the idea of eliminating it as well. Halo 2 and 3 never allowed dual-wieldable weapons to have Zoom capabilities anyway. It should be easy enough to repeat that.
Lastly, I'm not really sure what the benefit of dual-wieldable swords would be. I've wondered that ever since the "E Tu Brute" ViDoc. What's the point? I never understood why Anakin in AotC and later Ventress and Ahsoka thought it was a good idea to fight with two lightsabers. I feel like it would hinder more than it would help.
- -
I have this image in my mind of Clambering up a ledge in Halo: Infinite's campaign without lowering my two dual-wielded SMGs as I fire at my enemies. Of course, the Clamberable ledge height would have to be lower than Halo 5's.

It looks cool though
I would like a balance between realistic and not. Obviously supersoldiers fighting space aliens isn't realistic, but I would expect a genetically modified super soldier to use the most effective combat style. The only time dual weilding is the best strategy is when your going for theatrical effect instead of actually hitting your target

It looks cool though
i dont understand how dual wielding is unrealistic as they are spartans and can withstand a lot of pressure both physically and... mentally. plus you can dual wield a cup or a phone and dual wielding is easily possible and realistic. plus it can make useless weapons useful.

It looks cool though
I would like a balance between realistic and not. Obviously supersoldiers fighting space aliens isn't realistic, but I would expect a genetically modified super soldier to use the most effective combat style. The only time dual weilding is the best strategy is when your going for theatrical effect instead of actually hitting your target
I completely disagree. Spartan IIs should have no difficulty retaining accuracy while dual-wielding (for example) a Magnum and Plasma Pistol, nor would they be encumbered in any way by the weight of carrying three weapons altogether instead of two. Using my example above, it's much quicker to pull off a "noob combo" with those weapons against a shielded Elite while dual-wielding than having to put one away and take the other out in between shots. I don't think you realise just how super-human Spartans are. Hell, even reticle-bloom and Smart-Scope go against the Spartans' established lore.

Spartan II Bio-Augmentation:
Spoiler:
Show
MJOLINR Powered Assault Armour:
Spoiler:
Show
Purely for the single player campaign, don't want the multiplayer to just become a bullet spraying zone
I think it should be a feature flr non-competitive modes only given such things as noob combo are just overpowered when dual wielding. Also, it can be really bad for weapon balance in competitive modes.

But i vote yes, since being a feature in part of the modes is still inclusion.
I am voting yes, I enjoyed dual wielding the SMG's quite a bit even though you run out of ammo pretty quick.
Purely for the single player campaign, don't want the multiplayer to just become a bullet spraying zone
Do you think they'd ever do that- Just for the campaign? That'd be interesting. Personally, I think dual-wielding really does add the campaign gameplay experience. Perhaps for multiplayer they could have dual-wielding as an option in custom games, but switched off by default?
And, is that how you find Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer? "Bullet spraying zones"?
Do you think they'd ever do that- Just for the campaign? That'd be interesting. Personally, I think dual-wielding really does add the campaign gameplay experience. Perhaps for multiplayer they could have dual-wielding as an option in custom games, but switched off by default?
SMGs
SMGs
When I play Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer, everyone seems to mostly be firing BRs. I've never found too many people using SMGs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3