Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Dumbest Part From A Halo Game

OP BombadJedi87

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Which do you think is the absolute dumbest moment in all of halo? Personally for me it’s when
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5's ending. Why would they save an Arby 'n' the Chief reunion for a book? Probably the dumbest Halo moment ever
Can I just say the whole H5 campaign? There are no payoffs to any cutscenes or moments in game. The ending is lackluster and the inner-moments are based on shoe-string logic. I guess they never heard of Chekhov's gun.
Halo 5's ending made me feel like I had wasted my time.
Halo 5's ending haha
Gonna just go ahead and jump on the bandwagon and say the end of Halo 5. It was a major cliffhanger ending that wasn't earned. Halo 2 had a cliffhanger, but I feel that cliffhanger was earned. Halo 5 was far from being a game that earned a cliffhanger, much less one that was so lackluster.
Which do you think is the absolute dumbest moment in all of halo? Personally for me it’s when
Spoiler:
Show
Lol same here. What was the point of that useless banter anyway?
H5s whole campaign, especially the missions you just walk around in
that halsey line was supposed to be 343s take on arbiters, 'were it so easy'
that halsey line was supposed to be 343s take on arbiters, 'were it so easy'
I can appreciate what 343 was trying to do.. but the "were it so easy" line (which is one of my favorite quotes of the series because of this) carried so much weight for so many reasons. Both times it was spoken, it was about the same character, the Chief. The first time was the Arbiter effectively daring the Chief to fight him. The second time was the Arbiter saying goodbye to his friend, but acknowledging that he would live on through those he affected. It's the same line with two entirely different, but related meanings.

Contrast that with H5, which felt like a knock-off version of the same gambit. The first time it's spoken to Locke like a celebrity chastising their assistant (never mind the fact her life had just been saved). The second time was completely unrelated to the first and really didn't need to be said. It's fine to have dialogue that is meant almost entirely for the player. That's called dramatic irony. But it can get clunky if done incorrectly.

Think about those one-liners in shows like CSI. Take those lines and add 30 seconds to the end of them. Everyone who heard those quirky one-liners would be either confused, offended, or just plain annoyed at the snarky quips that lead no where. Now add 30 seconds to after Halsey tells John "took you long enough".. how would that conversation go? If I was John, I'd say "Oh, excuse the -yoink- out of me. Was busy fighting your evil twin, you old hag who kidnapped me from my parents at age six."
Halo CE: keyes getting captured again in a cruiser by the covenant
Halo 2: the heretic leader shooting arbiter, causing him to kill him when not doing anything could just make him an ally
Halo 3: I want to say Miranda going in an unnecessary suicide mission but when I consider the gravemind, a hyper intelligent being, not doing anything other than just going to the ark instead of flooding anything while doing it in case truth is stopped, he takes the medal
ODST: can't think of anything
Halo Wars: the arbiter's death, not just because a human shouldn't be physically strong to pierce an elite with armor or even deal with one let alone that size, but the arbiter is just retarded and he could just kill forge the first time and take anders anyway
Halo Reach: ignoring the contradictions with the book and seeing it separately, it has to be Jorge throwing 6 without knowing where he would actually land.
Halo 4: the didact's defeat. He was a mythical forerunner general of all things, and all it took is a cliche monologue and the most useless grenade ever.
Halo 5: pretty much everything here made me loose brain cells
Halo wars 2: on it's own I can't think of anything but it debunked the first 3 games entirely, reviving the flood, covenant (but red) and even the ark and high charity
I’m going to exclude all of H5 just because one line in H3 has always made me cringe more than anything else in the entire series: Marine: “Ma’am, where should we go?” Miranda: “To War”
How Jul' Mdama died.
BOWEN 021 wrote:
How Jul' Mdama died.
I agree with you here. I think I made a post on this a little while ago. His death was pathetic.
BOWEN 021 wrote:
How Jul' Mdama died.
I agree with you here. I think I made a post on this a little while ago. His death was pathetic.
Waiting for. I mean has been of my favorites characters in the franchise, I saw his death while playing Halo 5 and was like, What? Is over ?
BOWEN 021 wrote:
BOWEN 021 wrote:
How Jul' Mdama died.
Waiting for. I mean has been of my favorites characters in the franchise, I saw his death while playing Halo 5 and was like, What? Is over ?
I haven’t played the game, but I’ve read many books and have read up on Mdama and honestly I liked him. Then I saw that cutscene in a HiddenXperia video (that was the point of the vid) and thought that was so dumb. He should’ve gone out with a “bang”
BOWEN 021 wrote:
BOWEN 021 wrote:
How Jul' Mdama died.
I haven’t played the game, but I’ve read many books and have read up on Mdama and honestly I liked him. Then I saw that cutscene in a HiddenXperia video (that was the point of the vid) and thought that was so dumb. He should’ve gone out with a “bang”
I know, I am ok with him to die (Even they could keep working with him for sure) but why like that.
Dumbest Halo moment - it's really a lot of Halo 5's story; either the Locke-Chief fight scene, the ending cutscene of The Breaking, or the game's ending in general. But if I wanted to include the dumbest moments from each game, then...

Reach - Emile's death. I don't like the way he died.
CE - Being forced to fight Flood Combat Forms with rockets. Worse than Major Bio-mechanoids if you ask me.
2 - Jackal Snipers.
3 - Pretty much the whole entire game, especially that 343 Guilty Spark "boss fight"
ODST - I can't say.
4 - Some of the Spartan Ops missions.
Dumbest Halo moment - it's really a lot of Halo 5's story; either the Locke-Chief fight scene, the ending cutscene of The Breaking, or the game's ending in general. But if I wanted to include the dumbest moments from each game, then...

Reach - Emile's death. I don't like the way he died.
CE - Being forced to fight Flood Combat Forms with rockets. Worse than Major Bio-mechanoids if you ask me.
2 - Jackal Snipers.
3 - Pretty much the whole entire game, especially that 343 Guilty Spark "boss fight"
ODST - I can't say.
4 - Some of the Spartan Ops missions.
Agree with you on that Locke vs Chief fight. It was just stupid.
The very first thing Buck says in H5. I heard that and I was like excuse me what?!?

I just finished replaying H5, the dialogues are just bad, and the Jackals are annoying in that during combat. The only dialogue I enjoyed was with the singing Grunt on Alliance. I have found that cool, but guess what? The moment was ruined because Vale started to talk over it :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3