Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Favorite Halo Multiplayer

OP xEnstinctx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey everyone. I figured since much of the community has different taste in Halo I'd like to understand the different aspects as to which Halo Multiplayer people enjoy the most. Feel free to go into as much detail as you need.
Reach, pure and simply because it's the only Halo I had the ability to play online with back then.
H2A, H2 classic, and H5 are tied in 1st place for me. H2A might have a slight edge over the others depending on which day you ask me. I think it was the perfect mix between the classic gameplay and small modern updates such as hit markers
Reach, pure and simply because it's the only Halo I had the ability to play online with back then.
Understandable. I'm glad its on the MCC and everyone gets to re-experience it
H2A, H2 classic, and H5 are tied in 1st place for me. H2A might have a slight edge over the others depending on which day you ask me. I think it was the perfect mix between the classic gameplay and small modern updates such as hit markers
Yeah H2A just seemed a lot smoother than the original. Definitely one of the best and is very beautiful. H5 is one of the best when it comes to the pace and movement. Also pistols actually do damage in H5
H2, H2A, and Reach. It's such a hard decision. I'll go with H2A since it has the least amount of votes.
Halo 3, favorite maps and weapon sandbox.
For me, Reach is the best but by only a little bit. If it weren't for Reach's customs, which I believe are the greatest, I'd pick Halo 3.
Halo 3. I made Field Major before the Master Chief Collection- and I was totally getting Strike Commander!
I can't believe it's not H3. This is disturbing.
i9 Rifle wrote:
Personally Halo 3 multiplayer wise is pretty low on the list. The weapons and bullet register just seems absolutely horrible in my opinion. Love the customization and the style. But weapons are terrible
Halo 4 I spent so many hours playing that game and I only recently got halo 3 so I cant really judge if that's better.
Rxcluze wrote:
H2, H2A, and Reach. It's such a hard decision. I'll go with H2A since it has the least amount of votes.
I mean that's not really a good reason to vote for something.
Definitely H2A.

classic gameplay, best weapons, decent forge
Reach—-1st

Freshman year of high-school. Was already a fan of the series. Loved it right out of the box, especially the multiplayer just as it was when it first came out. Played the crap out of it. Got the most out of the experience. Loved the abilities. Best looking Halo of the series to this day.

Halo 3 —-2nd
Halo 3 will always have a special place in my heart as the first online multiplayer FPS I actually played. And by that I mean, actually cared to try and rank up, get better, unlock armor, etc.

Halo 5—3rd

I don’t even really like it all that much but it’s the closest thing to a blend of Reach/3 experiences we have, so for that it places above the remaining multiplayers.

Halo 2—4th

I loved it playing system link with friends but honestly the online multiplayer was about nothing but the battle rifle, and I didn’t dig it.

Halo 4—-5th

Call of Duty in space. Meh.

Halo: CE—-6th

Dont hate me for this one guys, but while campaign holds a special place for me (my campaign list would look differently anyway) the multiplayer was awful. I get it, at the time it was revolutionary but I never got into that side of it until I was older and had already played 2. What I found was an awfully balanced game with mostly terrible maps, easy deaths and a dev fascination with the handgun as the most powerful weapon in the game. I enjoyed what little bit I played, but I think that was due mostly to friends being involved. And certainly not enough enjoyment to rank it above any of the others.

i9 Rifle wrote:
3 is ok but upon revisiting it I seriously think a lot of us really elevate that one too much. Half the weapons in it were nerf guns and the other half were potato launchers and between that and the hit detection system it was only fun in specific maps and modes. Personally I got the most enjoyment out of big team battle of 4v4 with vehicles in the map. Those seemed to be better experiences.
Reach is where i learned how to play multiplayer, but i still suck.
Rxcluze wrote:
Ok, what would you do if you liked all of those multiplayers equally and had to choose one?
Rxcluze wrote:
Rxcluze wrote:
Ok, what would you do if you liked all of those multiplayers equally and had to choose one?
Go for the game you played first. or the one with the most playtime.
I'm surprised at Reach's outcome. Based on my understanding of when Reach came out, it was not well-received like the prior three Halos were.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2