Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Favourite Aspect of Halo

OP BeastSprayz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is just a question I’ve got to ask to find out what people prefer the most out of my favourite gaming franchise. Me personally, I gotta go with the story/lore as it has drew me in since I first learnt about the franchise. The awe and mystery first surrounding it was the most intriguing thing to explore for me. Let me know what you picked and why down below!!
I went with gameplay/mechanics. There is nothing else like Halo in gaming. For the most part, the game doesn't submit to the traditional ADS-based game (which is so prevalent and rampant this gen) and Halo is a true arena shooter unlike Fortnite and other BR games. Don't get me wrong - I love the story and the lore too, but having excellent game-play to explore that story and also compete in matchmaking is just icing on the cake.
Story lore, I’m kinda a single player guy...but did do some MP back around 4...:)
I went with gameplay/mechanics. There is nothing else like Halo in gaming. For the most part, the game doesn't submit to the traditional ADS-based game (which is so prevalent and rampant this gen) and Halo is a true arena shooter unlike Fortnite and other BR games. Don't get me wrong - I love the story and the lore too, but having excellent game-play to explore that story and also compete in matchmaking is just icing on the cake.
^
Story/lore is my favorite part of Halo.
It's a healthy mix of everything. I have a busy life but during the breaks, it's always easy to load up Halo for a quick game of Slayer before having to run off again.
I enjoy Halos custom game scene, I always have. Its what really makes the community thrive!
I enjoy Halos custom game scene, I always have. Its what really makes the community thrive!
I can understand you on that one, and that’s fair because Halo 5 is still thriving in the customs scene. Some clans also use that but I tend to avoid any cringey ones or clans that do weird events.
I can understand you on that one, and that’s fair because Halo 5 is still thriving in the customs scene. Some clans also use that but I tend to avoid any cringey ones or clans that do weird events.
Agreed, the constant invites to assassination games or those weird social space tinder ones are just... well, weird. I enjoy seeing custom game lobbies that have a three hour schedule, and have a "social space" at the hour and a half mark so players can goof around while other players go grab a drink or use the washroom, then get right back into the customs.
Agreed, the constant invites to assassination games or those weird social space tinder ones are just... well, weird. I enjoy seeing custom game lobbies that have a three hour schedule, and have a "social space" at the hour and a half mark so players can goof around while other players go grab a drink or use the washroom, then get right back into the customs.
If we’re talking about favourites, mine would be those in which you play gamemodes like the infected ones where you go through these crazy maps and try to survive as well as the ones where you plY bumper cars and the one where you start off in a Mongoose being chased by other players in Hogs. If forgeable AI became a thing I can only imagine how more insane (in a good way) customs would be.
I chose gameplay/mechanics. There's nothing quite like a Halo gunfight out there and in my opinion no other game does it better.
Everything really, it's kinda hard just to choose one. At this point though, I really don't care about game play and mechanics but, it will affect how long I play.
If we’re talking about favourites, mine would be those in which you play gamemodes like the infected ones where you go through these crazy maps and try to survive as well as the ones where you plY bumper cars and the one where you start off in a Mongoose being chased by other players in Hogs. If forgeable AI became a thing I can only imagine how more insane (in a good way) customs would be.
Trust me, I know a lot of the forgers on Halo 5, well, know as in I'm good friends with 1 or 2, and I have -Yoinked!- know a lot XD They have been asking for that kind of stuff for a long time. Who knows? Maybe we'll get it in Infinite?

I'm a huge fan of those Storytelling infection maps too, I just wish I was better at making them so I could make my own visions come to life! XD
Best sci-fi video game story imo
I love the story and lore of Halo, it's really detailed and has a lot of backstories
glennvans wrote:
Best sci-fi video game story imo
I can’t think of a sci-fi story that has as long continuity whilst maintaining it’s canon to a somewhat good standard.

I love the story and lore of Halo, it's really detailed and has a lot of backstories
I love how intertwining and affecting each Halo story is to the overall universe, it’s great to see, particularly when there are new entries to the universe.
Lore nerd here.. Been obsessed with the story of Halo for a while now and I don't see any sign of that stopping for me lol
Story / lore for me and being able to play the campaigns with friends.
Lore nerd here.. Been obsessed with the story of Halo for a while now and I don't see any sign of that stopping for me lol
You and me both. Halopedia is our best friend :P

IsengardX wrote:
Story / lore for me and being able to play the campaigns with friends.
Glad to see that there is still support for the story and lore and I like seeing people say how much they love the story/lore of the game.
The story is what keeps me engaged with the franchise.

Halo's had some brilliant gameplay and mechanics and some ground-breaking multiplayer, but for me the story/lore is what sets it apart: yes there have been recent missteps, but it's such a rich unisverse
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2