Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Favourite Halo CE weapon?

OP Skeptikz0125

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Let's hear it! This is for either the original Halo: Combat Evolved/Custom Edition including MCC editions.

Personally, I take the shotgun wherever possible, but on Assault On The Control Room, I'll grab the sniper and rocket launcher combo and use that non-stop lol!

A lot of people love the pistol, too. Vote!
The pistol is great for obvious reasons, but my personal go-to weapon in CE would have to be the shotgun. It has very good range, does a lot of damage, and works on all enemies.
Pistol. I know that's kinda the obvious choice, but it was really the perfect weapon in CE. Against the Covenant, you could take down Grunts and Jackals with one or two well placed shots, and you could engage Elites effectively at range. While the shotgun is better for the Flood, the pistol also served as an effective deterrent there as well, and allowed you to take them down quickly at range if you were dealing with a horde of them.
Pistol. I know that's kinda the obvious choice, but it was really the perfect weapon in CE. Against the Covenant, you could take down Grunts and Jackals with one or two well placed shots, and you could engage Elites effectively at range. While the shotgun is better for the Flood, the pistol also served as an effective deterrent there as well, and allowed you to take them down quickly at range if you were dealing with a horde of them.
Agreed, pistol and shotgun on The Library was basically a power-combo.
Pistol is the most useful in most situations though shotgun is perhaps more useful against the flood.

Then there are weapons with interesting design and functionality like the needler with sharp, clear crystals that fire homing shards causing an explosion. The later designs never recreated how good the crystals looked, usually making them too dull or add too much pink coloration.

So preferrable weapons change depending how I currently want to play the game, maybe slow sniping, perhaps just blow things up, aggressive noob combo tactics, saving marine runs... mixing things up.

So rather than having 1 go to weapon, I prefer the variation and change which weapons I use.
Pistol is the most useful in most situations though shotgun is perhaps more useful against the flood.

Then there are weapons with interesting design and functionality like the needler with sharp, clear crystals that fire homing shards causing an explosion. The later designs never recreated how good the crystals looked, usually making them too dull or add too much pink coloration.

So preferrable weapons change depending how I currently want to play the game, maybe slow sniping, perhaps just blow things up, aggressive noob combo tactics, saving marine runs... mixing things up.

So rather than having 1 go to weapon, I prefer the variation and change which weapons I use.
That's fair, I enjoy doing things a similar way. Probably why Halo has such replay-ability!
This is incredibly difficult for me to choose. Halo CE remains my favourite video game of all time. While some weapons might be more effective than others, they're all incredibly fun to use as well as clearly distinct from one another.
I love the visual designs of the Halo CE weapons more than in any other Halo game. I love the classic MA5B. What an iconic weapon design! The old 99C-S2 sniper rifle was very unique. The classic SPNKr rocket launcher: They're all very Halo weapons.
What's more, I love the simple, smooth, sleek, shark-like, shiny, Sangheili design all Covenant weapons had in CE. Every weapon could be easily identified from a distance by its colours and silhouette. They all followed the same design trends, making them look vastly different from the human weapons while still unique enough from one another. I would love a return to something more like these classic designs in Halo: Infinite.
In the end, it's a toss up between the AR and the plasma rifle. They may not have been the most powerful weapons in CE, but the classic appearance, sounds and functionality made for a terrific experience back in the day.
Pistol is a jack! But the plasma pistol is honestly on par with the pistol, in campaign atleast. Such a great tool for taking down shields, plus IIRC it fires as fast as you can pull the trigger - It's a Jakobs! :D
I will always choose the shotgun, since it is the best agiant all enemies.
This is tough to choose, almost chose the pistol or shotgun, but ultimately chose the sniper rifle as I love its design and it was always fun to use in CE
HamCon55 wrote:
Plus, can I say, Halo has one of the most satisfying shotguns to use in any FPS! Up there with Doom's.
The magnum in multiplayer was such a joy to use.
Magnum for the win people
HamCon55 wrote:
Plus, can I say, Halo has one of the most satisfying shotguns to use in any FPS! Up there with Doom's.
POW!

chick chick

POW!

Oh yeah. For sure. I love that weapon!
For versatility, the pistol, without a doubt. It was effective against a wide variety of enemies.
I'm gonna put down the broken fuel rod cannon.
Anyone who doesn't say the pistol is a heretic, it's basically a handheld MAC cannon in CE.
Rockets
Rockets
OH YEAH!
Terg500 wrote:
Anyone who doesn't say the pistol is a heretic, it's basically a handheld MAC cannon in CE.
The arbiter was a heretic so.. :P
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3