Halo 3 vs COD 4 Modern Warfare

OP J kid789

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Halo 3 vs COD 4 Modern Warfare

Make Your Selection:

My friend and I were debating on which was bigger at the time: Halo 3 or COD 4. Now I know this is the Halo forum, but which game, all bias aside, was bigger at their highest points?

I think Halo 3 was, it was after all the height of Halo.
This probably isn't the best place to conduct a poll asking if players like Halo 3 or COD 4 more.
Halo 3, duh! I'm totally unbiased😉
I prefer halo 3 Overall as it is more memorable to me
I’m gunna be the bad guy and say COD. My reason is simple in the fact that Modern Warfare was new fresh style. Where as Halo CE and 2 didn’t have much to replace or remake they were already good. Modern Warfare had to be brought into the fold and now look at the franchise...
I'm a bit of both really
I said Cod 4, mainly because i was really disappointed in Halo 3. Halo 3 was at the height of Halo's popularity, but I also think it is where things started to go downhill and CoD 4, because of Modern Warfare, started to supplant Halo 3 as the best FPS on console. Still can't forgive Bungie for BR spread, a crappy pistol and a crappy AR, and finally terrible vehicles that were indestructible. Halo 3 was ugly, clunky and terrible compared to both halo 1 and 2. There i said it.
Back in the day I picked COD 4 MW over halo 3 but when I got burned out on COD games I went to halo 3 and had so much more fun.
Halo 3, but with that being said Cod 4 is my favorite Cod game of the series.
This probably isn't the best place to conduct a poll asking if players like Halo 3 or COD 4 more.
I'm not saying which players liked more. I'm asking, as a game at it's time, which had the better player base.
I played more COD 4 than I did Halo 3. Back in those times I was ignorant and didn't know Halo existed. Of course I played Halo 3 afterward (2014), but not as much as I did COD 4 yet, I still choose Halo 3. I mean it made it on the news! It was Fortnite at the time.
Uuuh... Do you realize what website you're on?
I can’t deny Halo 3 is a masterpiece, but as far as replay ability I’m going to side with CoD4. However I’m going to side only with this because of the PC version. Self run servers makes for different game settings, things like hardcore FFA and Promod were amazing. Promod CoD4 is the only good competitive CoD in my opinion.
Uuuh... Do you realize what website you're on?
Lolzzzz, seriously. People will obviously say Halo 3.

They are BOTH amazing!
........Can I Choose both?
J kid789 wrote:
I'm not saying which players liked more. I'm asking, as a game at it's time, which had the better player base.
Alright, if you are asking what community is better, Halo 3. If we are just talking amount of players, COD 4. Sorry for not reading the description.
J kid789 wrote:
Alright, if you are asking what community is better, Halo 3. If we are just talking amount of players, COD 4. Sorry for not reading the description.
U good
Well dude, Halo 3! The times spent on that game for me were beyond greater than COD 4. God I can just hear the menu music calling my name, editing my appearance before going into games, you hear the countdown, 5 seconds later you here SLAYER and its game on chief!!!
Halo 3 all the time bro.
I would say Halo 3 between those two. If we were talking MW2, my answer may be a bit different
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2