Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo 5 customization

OP Matrillex

How do you feel about Halo 5's limited options for customizing your character? I find it horrible! I loved customizing my character, changing every detail I didn't like, making my character unique and special to me. But now we only have few options as to what we can do. If anything I think we should have even more customization. I don't like the feeling that there is probably going to be someone who looks just like me. Honestly customization is one of my favorite features in games, I would spend hours on it. I really loved it. I really wish that there is more you can do. Anyone else agree?
The character models look the best yet but the lack of customisation like the beta stinks. Even before Halo 5 launched I asked if Halo 6 was going to have better customisation? a monitor here laughed it off and said wait until 5 is out first.

What they need are Halo 5's character models with the customisation levels found in Reach. Want to change the appearance of helmet, visor, chest, arms, legs, shoulders, and attachments to various variants. I liked armour effects but I know most didn't.

Also because of the req system it seems some armour was just made up to add up the numbers. More sceptical Spartans may say this was done so the best armour takes a long grind (geared towards playing Warzone as you get more req points) most won't do that so they will be tempted to buy it instead...

Don't get me wrong apart from the lack of customisation the good armour looks very good on our Spartans but the bad armour looks very bad, Leigonairre, Seeker and Foehammer come to mind as examples of filler.
The character models look the best yet but the lack of customisation like the beta stinks. Even before Halo 5 launched I asked if Halo 6 was going to have better customisation? a monitor here laughed it off and said wait until 5 is out first.

What they need are Halo 5's character models with the customisation levels found in Reach. Want to change the appearance of helmet, visor, chest, arms, legs, shoulders, and attachments to various variants. I liked armour effects but I know most didn't.

Also because of the req system it seems some armour was just made up to add up the numbers. More sceptical Spartans may say this was done so the best armour takes a long grind (geared towards playing Warzone as you get more req points) most won't do that so they will be tempted to buy it instead...

Don't get me wrong apart from the lack of customisation the good armour looks very good on our Spartans but the bad armour looks very bad, Leigonairre, Seeker and Foehammer come to mind as examples of filler.
Yea the armor looks cool, I think it just needs more options.
I wanted it to be like Halo 4's customization but with the new armour. immensely disappointing but I love helioskrill and wasn't going to even change the shoulder pads until they announced the new helioskrill variants, which ruined the achievement I and many others earned by beating the MCC on Legendary.
Halo 3 had more armor customization than Halo 5 which is sad not saying it had more armor accurse just more options to it.
Helmet and armor only available to change.... eh i can live with it but reach still wins with this area.
I think it is fine! No need to make a big deal about it. It doesnt affect how the game is played. I wish there was more exclusiveness to some armor pieces though!
Its okay however some of the armour colours don't seem to match up.
We really just need Reach levels of customization
I feel that Halo 5's customization features are a set back compared to some previous titles. For example, Halo 4 and Halo: Reach allowed players to mix and match armor sets. What I mean by this is the ability to mix-up: gauntlets, leg armor, torso armor, helmets, etc... Halo 5, at least what I've seen, does not allow the ability to mix up armor sets. What you see is what you get, no modifying allowed...I guess.

Could Halo 5 have offered more variety and flexibility? Of course. Will it completely stop me from playing? No. It's still a darn shame though.
We need be able to change the color of the under armor!! I wish it was black because it would make the armor pop and easier to see! Also Master Chief needs his under armor black! Not green!!!
It could use some work, but I suppose it's fine.
still needs proper purple armor, apart from that its fine
Halo 4 was more complete (in terms of customization)...
Halo 4 was more complete (in terms of customization)...
Totally agree.
Halo 4 was indeed the best when it came to the Armor Customization options, and wish it had made the generational jump to Halo 5: Guardians. Like Matrillex, I too would spend hours of my time just in the customization options, honing and fine tuning my armor until it finally clicked perfectly with whatever “Wow Factor” my gut feelings were looking for. Being deprived of that has left me… I’m not sure. Disconnected? Whenever I play in a match, I can see my Spartan on screen, but I never feel that her armor suits her at all. I truly hope Modular Armor Customization returns in a later update.
So here is my idea. Since we have the req pack system now it would make it near impossible to have every individual piece. So what they should do is when you get an armor set you should be able to take the chest, shoulders, legs, wrists, and accessories (pouches, knives ect.) and equip them as individual parts. To put it simple, let us get full body sets from req packs and let us break them down.