Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the series?

OP SpitFlame

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 35
The best is HALO 3.
Worst of all!
When it has big team battle and griff ball then yes.
Not in my opinion.

It is good though.
Halo 5 has gone too far from the franchise's original philosophy when it comes to multiplayer so I can't compare it against, say, Halo 3.

I honestly greatly dislike Halo 5's gameplay.
zZesty xD wrote:
This is my first Halo game and I'd rather play COD's multiplayer or Destiny's. I normally can get kills in a game - I can't with this multiplayer. Weapon skins? Where are they? I'm level 11 or 12 and have yet to see anything even after spending all of my points on REQ packs. I keep picking up weapons that other people have had because the default ones are horrible. It shouldn't take an entire clip to drop someone, especially if they are right near you. I have no issues with aiming, shooting, etc because I do just fine in any other game. Never have I been 0 kills, 22 deaths in one game - EVER. For me personally, it's been an awful experience. I keep playing wanting to like it somehow and some way because all I hear is "Halo is amazing" or "Halo has the best everything." My weapons shoot marshmallows in Halo 5's multiplayer. Entire clip on someone yet they turn around and one shot kills me with full health. Maybe I'm just not used to this series but I'm already bored with the multiplayer part. That usually doesn't happen with me and games either. The lack of maps in Warzone doesn't help. Buildings are all the same in each map so it's just a scenery change. =\
That's because Halo isn't COD or Destiny. This game requires skill and teamwork. You shouldn't expect to be good at Halo because you stomped some filthy casuals on the two easiest multiplayer games.
Instead of insinuating that people that play CoD have no "skills", why not stick to construction criticism? And saying "Filthy casuals", sounds like you have some misappropriated priorities.
Halo 2 will always be my pimp
Halo 5: Guardians has its fair share of reasons why it isn't (at least in its early days) the best halo multiplayer.
First off, the smg and AR have a very low TTK, and anyone going against those guns with a battle rifle or a pistol for example have no room for error or else they die. perfect kill or die.
Secondly, the radar is basically useless in this game unless u get the armor mod that increases its range (but only in warzone). By the time you even notice someone on your radar you're either:
A.) Getting shot at and mostly likely dead
B.) getting shoulder charged into oblivion

Third, In general, the Arena loadout of pistol and ARs is not what some would say "competitive". In the future, I'm sure it would be a great improvement to see BR starts in some of the playlists, to cater to the more competitive group of players.

In conclusion,
The game has a decent multiplayer and having only been a week since launch, there are plenty of things to look forward to. If this game wants to be the best halo multiplayer it seems like it has some balancing to do, but all in all I would give this multiplayer a 7.5/10.

If anyone else has any input I'd love to hear it.
I would have to say no. :)
But thank you for asking.
il manque le fait que l on puisse jouer a plusieurs en ecran splité chez soi.......
c était le top avant la on peut meme pas jouer en coop a deux sur la meme console.....
yup! Love it. It has things that can be adjusted, but they all did.
It is reminiscent of the fun I had with Halo 3...I would say yes, for sure.
Can't wait to see the forge added. New maps will be sweet! I love the creativity that it adds! Muliplayer is awesome in Halo 5 in my opinion!
i love it its close to beating my fun with halo 2
Seeing as how good it is already just in the first few weeks of the release, I am very optimistic and excited to see where it goes from and can only see it improving from this point on.
Lord Ashil wrote:
Halo 5: Guardians has its fair share of reasons why it isn't (at least in its early days) the best halo multiplayer.
First off, the smg and AR have a very low TTK, and anyone going against those guns with a battle rifle or a pistol for example have no room for error or else they die. perfect kill or die.
Secondly, the radar is basically useless in this game unless u get the armor mod that increases its range (but only in warzone). By the time you even notice someone on your radar you're either:
A.) Getting shot at and mostly likely dead
B.) getting shoulder charged into oblivion

Third, In general, the Arena loadout of pistol and ARs is not what some would say "competitive". In the future, I'm sure it would be a great improvement to see BR starts in some of the playlists, to cater to the more competitive group of players.

In conclusion,
The game has a decent multiplayer and having only been a week since launch, there are plenty of things to look forward to. If this game wants to be the best halo multiplayer it seems like it has some balancing to do, but all in all I would give this multiplayer a 7.5/10.

If anyone else has any input I'd love to hear it.
I think what you are saying is actually very accurate. I am a multiplayer noob as I do not have the time to hone my skill into something even remotely close to competitive but I have enjoyed this Halo multiplayer immensely. I would like to see different loadout options as starting with the AR all the time is not very fun. I would like to see more variety in the weaponry in the future.
Not even close by any standard. It's not bad. But it's not the best. Maybe a close 3rd place and that's being generous just because it's new.
Needs to add game modes/lists similar to MCC, then maybe.
Not quite.. Halo 3 multiplayer is hard to beat
It has the potential to be...
Cough cough BTB,Classic modes, Griffball, Forge....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 35