Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the series?

OP SpitFlame

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35
This is my first Halo game and I'd rather play COD's multiplayer or Destiny's. I normally can get kills in a game - I can't with this multiplayer. Weapon skins? Where are they? I'm level 11 or 12 and have yet to see anything even after spending all of my points on REQ packs. I keep picking up weapons that other people have had because the default ones are horrible. It shouldn't take an entire clip to drop someone, especially if they are right near you. I have no issues with aiming, shooting, etc because I do just fine in any other game. Never have I been 0 kills, 22 deaths in one game - EVER. For me personally, it's been an awful experience. I keep playing wanting to like it somehow and some way because all I hear is "Halo is amazing" or "Halo has the best everything." My weapons shoot marshmallows in Halo 5's multiplayer. Entire clip on someone yet they turn around and one shot kills me with full health. Maybe I'm just not used to this series but I'm already bored with the multiplayer part. That usually doesn't happen with me and games either. The lack of maps in Warzone doesn't help. Buildings are all the same in each map so it's just a scenery change. =\
Aim for the head halo isn't easy at first it takes a lot of getting use to. It's not a game where you one shot someone and they die, it allows you to turn around and fight back. Once you learn how to play the kills feel more rewarding because it took skill. If you want insta kills play swat or breakout...
Please Delete
This is my first Halo game and I'd rather play COD's multiplayer or Destiny's. I normally can get kills in a game - I can't with this multiplayer. Weapon skins? Where are they? I'm level 11 or 12 and have yet to see anything even after spending all of my points on REQ packs. I keep picking up weapons that other people have had because the default ones are horrible. It shouldn't take an entire clip to drop someone, especially if they are right near you. I have no issues with aiming, shooting, etc because I do just fine in any other game. Never have I been 0 kills, 22 deaths in one game - EVER. For me personally, it's been an awful experience. I keep playing wanting to like it somehow and some way because all I hear is "Halo is amazing" or "Halo has the best everything." My weapons shoot marshmallows in Halo 5's multiplayer. Entire clip on someone yet they turn around and one shot kills me with full health. Maybe I'm just not used to this series but I'm already bored with the multiplayer part. That usually doesn't happen with me and games either. The lack of maps in Warzone doesn't help. Buildings are all the same in each map so it's just a scenery change. =\
This game is totally different than COD. COD is designed to be class based and basically who ever sees who first wins so movement is extremely important for that reason. Halo is about true skill and is harder than COD to play. You have to be accurate and able to control the map. The idea is to control the power weapons and stop the other team from utilizing them. There will be other starts soon like battle rifle and such. I just think this game isn't supposed to be compared to COD and is a great game on it's own but different. I think you just haven't had a lot of experience with halo yet so you don't understand how the weapons work and how to use them properly yet. It just takes time :)
As it stands today: Nope.
  • The REQ system. I stopped playing Destiny specifically because random chance completely dictated progression. I don't get why randomized reward systems are suddenly so popular outside of dungeon crawlers and western RPGs, but without an in-game economy, crafting or trading system that give the player some way to work towards a specific thing they are extremely anti-player. The REQ system is the worst thing in Halo 5 right now.
  • The Team Arena playlist often throws you into Breakout, easily the least fun multiplayer mode. Unfortunately Team Arena is also the only way you can play Strongholds.
  • Some of the most fun (and some of the most popular) elements of past games (Firefight, BTB, Dominion) are not here.
  • Warzone has promise, but the REQ system and the way the game awards points for AI boss kills makes it feel like a game mode that I should be in love with, but can't really enjoy. One guy across the map with a well-timed sniper shot stealing 150 points from a boss that half your team fought down to almost nothing really, really hurts.
  • I miss the occasional Rocket Race.
  • What the hell is up with the look controls? Can we have an option to go back to the older scheme, please?
I actually just bought a Xbox One specifically for Halo 5 and ReCore and nothing else. Right now I'm feeling like I wasted my money. Maybe when the Forge update drops things will get better. If not, at least I'll still have time to return everything.
It is quite early to tell, But the Multiplayer is addictive and doesn't require much skill to level up, being acceptable by all skill levels.
Is too early but it looks good
i like it as it is
its only been out a week give it more time
As of right now I Still have to go with halo 3 on that one none of the halos that 343 has created has stood up to bungie
I would say yes. Balance is perfect. They just need to drop all the extra content soon as they can!
It's debatable, but I am having a lot of fun. It's extremely well balanced which is nice
YES , TWO WORDS for ya " DEDICATED SERVERS" !!!
Wow what a close poll. I love Halo 5 multiplayer!
Needs DMR in SWAT
If it had more gamemodes and forge at launch then for sure
This game is totally different than COD. COD is designed to be class based and basically who ever sees who first wins so movement is extremely important for that reason. Halo is about true skill and is harder than COD to play. You have to be accurate and able to control the map. The idea is to control the power weapons and stop the other team from utilizing them. There will be other starts soon like battle rifle and such. I just think this game isn't supposed to be compared to COD and is a great game on it's own but different. I think you just haven't had a lot of experience with halo yet so you don't understand how the weapons work and how to use them properly yet. It just takes time :)
ya dont come from other shooters expecting to be good
No options to select maps.
No options to select game styles.
Small map rotations.

Got rid of many options when they got to Halo 5, hope they will fix this in future patches.
This is the funniest thread I have ever seen.

90% of those that voted yes probably only started playing Halo with Halo 4 and moved from the CoD series.
No. This game is terrible.

Guns that are too strong because of there range: AR, scattershot
Guns that are too weak: Human shotguns
Guns that I should spawn with: BR/DMR

Maps are all too small and poorly organized to provide any fun engagements. Too many points where players get pinned down brutally with no chance of recovery.

Spawns are terrible.

Power weapons on each map are poorly thought out for the most part.

Warzone is garbage. Similar issues to Arena. Yes you CAN buy better weapons but the REQ packs are not a fun way to utilize who actually DESERVES these weapons, vehicles and power-ups. Lacking balance majorly.

Radar is worthless.

Sprint to melee bash is far too overpowered in knockback.

Those are my main gripes along with other things however I have NEVER had this low of a K/D on a Halo game before even in 1 or Reach (the two games that struggle the most with balancing besides this game) and most of my matches even the ones I've won have been terrible and not fun. -Yoink- game 343, thanks for wasting my $100.
Hell no. Reach was by far the best Halo creation, story check, multiplayer flow check, CUSTOMIZATION double check, Reach beats all.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35