Reach had my favorite multiplayer.
Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the series?
I second this, although I wasn't a big fan of how alot of the games were jumbled into one playlist for the gamemodes on MCC.Aggie Michael wrote:This is how I rank it as of right now:TCU GroundxZERO wrote:Waaayyyyyy too early to tell. The potential is there, I think but I wouldn't have believed halo 2 or 3 would be the powerhouses the became if I would have answered that question in their early months.
1) Halo MCC - (everything works wonderful for me, just need to add reach and enhance the playlist). Rankings were good. Love the playback value. Will play this for years.
2) Halo 2 - (basically made live / internet play perfect). Love the ranking system and clan ranking system.
3) Halo Reach - Fun series (need this on MCC).
4) Halo 3 - Great addition but I'm not sure about the items
5) Halo CE - It was fun but challenging to move around the big xboxes.
6) Halo Wars - (different game I know but I like this game)
7) Halo 4 - The pistol comeback was amazing but I never like the special abilities.
8) Halo ODST - I like to co-op campaign and multiplayer fire fights. Let's not forget this was an add-on to 3 so it gets points.
9) Halo 5 - No split screen (campaign or co op). Not a huge fan of the scopes or the menus to play. Not many maps. Still a work in progress. When your roommate or your buddy can't play the game with you when they visit you, it sort of defeats the purpose.
You do know Arena isn't a really a new mode? Arena is simply the competitive playlists (slayer, swat, free for all, breakout, etc.).ZOMBIENOOB1999 wrote:Only really played a bit of Halo 4 online, but alot of Halo MCC and Halo 5 online! I'd instantly say that Halo 5 is the best online, giving us the new Arena and Warzone modes.
The thing that makes Halo different from other generic shooters is that it takes skill and time to kill a player. Its all about head shots. And you need to consistently get power weapons on the map like the br, dmr, carbine ect. I think a dmr takes 3 or 4 head shots. And the reason it takes long is because we have shields from the power armor. And I will admit halo 5 lacks content such as big team battle and infection( both are way fun). Its not that the weapons are weak you just gotta find the good ones on the maps and get head shots and use all of your tools givin to you. It takes alot more skill to kill one person then in destiny and codsnow kitten x wrote:This is my first Halo game and I'd rather play COD's multiplayer or Destiny's. I normally can get kills in a game - I can't with this multiplayer. Weapon skins? Where are they? I'm level 11 or 12 and have yet to see anything even after spending all of my points on REQ packs. I keep picking up weapons that other people have had because the default ones are horrible. It shouldn't take an entire clip to drop someone, especially if they are right near you. I have no issues with aiming, shooting, etc because I do just fine in any other game. Never have I been 0 kills, 22 deaths in one game - EVER. For me personally, it's been an awful experience. I keep playing wanting to like it somehow and some way because all I hear is "Halo is amazing" or "Halo has the best everything." My weapons shoot marshmallows in Halo 5's multiplayer. Entire clip on someone yet they turn around and one shot kills me with full health. Maybe I'm just not used to this series but I'm already bored with the multiplayer part. That usually doesn't happen with me and games either. The lack of maps in Warzone doesn't help. Buildings are all the same in each map so it's just a scenery change. =\
I concur good sir. Reach was by far my favorite Halo multiplayer to date.TheCaptain2757 wrote:Personally the best multiplayer for me was Reach, it had literally everything really. Firefight playlists (I really enjoyed this game type), the awards and commendations were really cool, the ranking system was simple yet awesome, daily and weekly challenges were fun and kept gameplay interesting, fully customizable spartans that could be used in campaign and all multiplayer playlists, the ability to vote for a wide range of awesome maps on multiplayer (i guess like on all previous Halo games) also kept things interesting, and a personal favourite of mine was the awesome SWAT playlist and actually being able to use the DMR instead of just the magnum and battle rifle (i guess not so much an important point haha) and that is only a few of the many great things that game had!!!
Halo 5 is still really fun to play and Warzone is a really great idea that 343i have introduced and I see a lot of potential with the game. However it still has a long way to go i think to achieve the same standard of gameplay that Halo Reach set :)