Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo 5 has the best multiplayer in the series?

OP SpitFlame

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 35
Reach had my favorite multiplayer.
Only really played a bit of Halo 4 online, but alot of Halo MCC and Halo 5 online! I'd instantly say that Halo 5 is the best online, giving us the new Arena and Warzone modes.
Waaayyyyyy too early to tell. The potential is there, I think but I wouldn't have believed halo 2 or 3 would be the powerhouses the became if I would have answered that question in their early months.
This is how I rank it as of right now:
1) Halo MCC - (everything works wonderful for me, just need to add reach and enhance the playlist). Rankings were good. Love the playback value. Will play this for years.
2) Halo 2 - (basically made live / internet play perfect). Love the ranking system and clan ranking system.
3) Halo Reach - Fun series (need this on MCC).
4) Halo 3 - Great addition but I'm not sure about the items
5) Halo CE - It was fun but challenging to move around the big xboxes.
6) Halo Wars - (different game I know but I like this game)
7) Halo 4 - The pistol comeback was amazing but I never like the special abilities.
8) Halo ODST - I like to co-op campaign and multiplayer fire fights. Let's not forget this was an add-on to 3 so it gets points.
9) Halo 5 - No split screen (campaign or co op). Not a huge fan of the scopes or the menus to play. Not many maps. Still a work in progress. When your roommate or your buddy can't play the game with you when they visit you, it sort of defeats the purpose.
I second this, although I wasn't a big fan of how alot of the games were jumbled into one playlist for the gamemodes on MCC.
Nope, reach does
halo 3 then 2 then reach then 5 imo
Only really played a bit of Halo 4 online, but alot of Halo MCC and Halo 5 online! I'd instantly say that Halo 5 is the best online, giving us the new Arena and Warzone modes.
You do know Arena isn't a really a new mode? Arena is simply the competitive playlists (slayer, swat, free for all, breakout, etc.).
Nope, reach does
I concur my good sir!
This is my first Halo game and I'd rather play COD's multiplayer or Destiny's. I normally can get kills in a game - I can't with this multiplayer. Weapon skins? Where are they? I'm level 11 or 12 and have yet to see anything even after spending all of my points on REQ packs. I keep picking up weapons that other people have had because the default ones are horrible. It shouldn't take an entire clip to drop someone, especially if they are right near you. I have no issues with aiming, shooting, etc because I do just fine in any other game. Never have I been 0 kills, 22 deaths in one game - EVER. For me personally, it's been an awful experience. I keep playing wanting to like it somehow and some way because all I hear is "Halo is amazing" or "Halo has the best everything." My weapons shoot marshmallows in Halo 5's multiplayer. Entire clip on someone yet they turn around and one shot kills me with full health. Maybe I'm just not used to this series but I'm already bored with the multiplayer part. That usually doesn't happen with me and games either. The lack of maps in Warzone doesn't help. Buildings are all the same in each map so it's just a scenery change. =\
The thing that makes Halo different from other generic shooters is that it takes skill and time to kill a player. Its all about head shots. And you need to consistently get power weapons on the map like the br, dmr, carbine ect. I think a dmr takes 3 or 4 head shots. And the reason it takes long is because we have shields from the power armor. And I will admit halo 5 lacks content such as big team battle and infection( both are way fun). Its not that the weapons are weak you just gotta find the good ones on the maps and get head shots and use all of your tools givin to you. It takes alot more skill to kill one person then in destiny and cod
Pretty solid right now, but needs more variety and fast.
How can it be the best multiplayer if there is only arena competitive or warzone with 3 maps hahaha
Personally the best multiplayer for me was Reach, it had literally everything really. Firefight playlists (I really enjoyed this game type), the awards and commendations were really cool, the ranking system was simple yet awesome, daily and weekly challenges were fun and kept gameplay interesting, fully customizable spartans that could be used in campaign and all multiplayer playlists, the ability to vote for a wide range of awesome maps on multiplayer (i guess like on all previous Halo games) also kept things interesting, and a personal favourite of mine was the awesome SWAT playlist and actually being able to use the DMR instead of just the magnum and battle rifle (i guess not so much an important point haha) and that is only a few of the many great things that game had!!!

Halo 5 is still really fun to play and Warzone is a really great idea that 343i have introduced and I see a lot of potential with the game. However it still has a long way to go i think to achieve the same standard of gameplay that Halo Reach set :)
Hell no.
I actually returned my copy today for a refund
The first major MP experience for me was Halo 3. Prior to that, I had minor Halo CE local MP and very minor Halo 2 online MP experience. I thoroughly enjoyed play Halo 3 online and up until Halo 5, I didn't think I would enjoy another Halo game as much.

Ultimately, the series just kind of plateaued after H3.
Halo 3 ODST: Just like H3, the co-op was fun, but I also enjoyed Firefight, they pulled of PvE pretty well.
Halo Reach: While I did think the armour abilities were a nice touch, I just didn't get as attached to it as Halo 3.
Halo 4: Felt like more of the same from Reach, although sprinting as a standard changed the gameplay slightly, more horizontal, I still enjoyed it.
Halo 5: Ultimately, a combination of Halo and Call of Duty, as in, more emphasis on Horizontal gameplay, ie Sprinting, sliding. clambering.
As a fan of Halo for its epic story and overall fun gameplay, and as a fan of Call of Duty's MP for its general easy accessibility, I find the Arena to be quite fun.

I am however still under the impression that Halo MCC is broken. If i were to be told otherwise, I would probably end up going back to Halo 2/3 at some point.
Most of the current Halo players probably haven't played Halo 2 Classic back in 2006. Halo 2>
Yes by FAR WarZone Kicks -Yoink-!
Personally the best multiplayer for me was Reach, it had literally everything really. Firefight playlists (I really enjoyed this game type), the awards and commendations were really cool, the ranking system was simple yet awesome, daily and weekly challenges were fun and kept gameplay interesting, fully customizable spartans that could be used in campaign and all multiplayer playlists, the ability to vote for a wide range of awesome maps on multiplayer (i guess like on all previous Halo games) also kept things interesting, and a personal favourite of mine was the awesome SWAT playlist and actually being able to use the DMR instead of just the magnum and battle rifle (i guess not so much an important point haha) and that is only a few of the many great things that game had!!!

Halo 5 is still really fun to play and Warzone is a really great idea that 343i have introduced and I see a lot of potential with the game. However it still has a long way to go i think to achieve the same standard of gameplay that Halo Reach set :)
I concur good sir. Reach was by far my favorite Halo multiplayer to date.
It's a little too early for me to come to a conclusion but at the moment it`s pretty great
No.

H2 had.

H5 arguably has the best one since H3 though.
Sadly, halo 5 is starting to act like call of duty..
Yes but it needs improvements
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 35