Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo 5 UNSC Gun sounds

OP SaneMountain212

Do you think we should change it

Make Your Selection:

I believe they should, I like the sound where you are about to run out of ammo but I don't like the gun sounds in Halo 5. When I use the Halo 2 BR and then the Halo 5 Br, I notice that the Halo 2 BR feels like has more power unlike Halo 5 BR. I liked the Halo 4 AR way more then the Halo 5 AR and for the DMR. Does anyone liked the old sounds then the new ones? One I found fine was the Magnum and the Hydra. I know there was a reason why they did change it but still like the older sounds.
I also prefer the look of the Halo 4 AR, the green just doesn't look right (apart from with the chief)
i never played the beta of halo 5 but i've seen gameplay and i miss the old sounds of the guns...especially the magnum
I think H4 AR sounded better. BR three bullet burst sound is so fast it sounds like two bullets. Magnum sounds a little too high pitched. Other than those weapons I like the rest of the UNSC weapons.
I believe they should, I like the sound where you are about to run out of ammo but I don't like the gun sounds in Halo 5. When I use the Halo 2 BR and then the Halo 5 Br, I notice that the Halo 2 BR feels like has more power unlike Halo 5 BR. I liked the Halo 4 AR way more then the Halo 5 AR and for the DMR. Does anyone liked the old sounds then the new ones? One I found fine was the Magnum and the Hydra. I know there was a reason why they did change it but still like the older sounds.
The DMR sounds way better now. The AR isn't as beefy but at least it sounds better than the Halo 3 AR.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I dont have a problem with the way they sound now. None of the guns in previous halos have sounded realistic anyway. If they did, your ears would be ringing after shooting the magnum once
I prefer the classic halo Gun sounds on all the weapons
I also prefer the look of the Halo 4 AR, the green just doesn't look right (apart from with the chief)
There's a reason for that though ... at least I think.
Only a few of the guns from Halo 4 sound better in Halo 5, specifically most of the Promethean weapons (I LOVE the new Suppressor and Boltshot). Some guns sound just as good as before (Sniper Rifle, DMR) but most (Magnum, Battle Rifle, SAW, Carbine, Binary Rifle) sound A LOT worse.
There's a reason for that though ... at least I think.
I never even knew the pre alpha had green on the assault rifle. Kinda cool.
I dont have a problem with the way they sound now. None of the guns in previous halos have sounded realistic anyway. If they did, your ears would be ringing after shooting the magnum once
Haha this is true. As someone who shoots real firearms often, Halos gun sounds are wimpy. I think if 343 beefed up the weapon sounds to sound more powerful, that'd be sweet
It's not just the UNSC sounds, but the covanent sounds sound like generic pew pew laser gun sounds *cough* *cough* carbine.
I don't think they are too bad but a larger more powerful bass kick to it would be nice I guess...