Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo 6 Preferences Survey + Results (updated!)

OP HeyGuysImPresto

Boring stuff: I'm currently in a graduate Marketing program, and as astudent I have access to one of the best conjoint analysis platforms available (Sawtooth Software). Conjoint analysis is a marketing tool used to measure public preference for different attributes of a particular product, and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to do some analysis on the public's hopes for Halo 6. I've spent about 10 hours on this project so far, and am excited to share the results once it's over!

Exciting stuff: The surveys are designed to interpret what you (the Halo community) really want out of Halo 6, across multiple key areas of development. There's a survey on overall general development (is the Campaign or Multiplayer experience more important to you), one on the Campaign specifically (is it more important to you to have a longer campaign, or a full "Master Chief" campaign), and lastly one about gameplay features (would you rather have more weapons/armor or playable elites?).

Each survey should only take about 4-5 minutes to complete, so you can probably do all three in under 15 minutes or just one at a time over the next two weeks. There are 12 main questions on each that will present you with 3 simple scenarios and ask you choose your preferred option. The questions may take a little longer at first (~30 seconds per question at most) but as you start to recognize your own preferences, it'll speed up A LOT (~10 seconds per question). It's fun to see how you end up making your choices, PLUS the results will be really useful (hopefully not just to me, but to 343 as well!). I'll share the results on the forum once the survey has closed!

So without further ado:

General Development Survey: http://bit.do/Halo6GeneralSurvey
Campaign Survey: http://bit.do/Halo6CampaignSurvey
Features Survey: http://bit.do/Halo6FeaturesSurvey

Surveys will close Saturday, April 22, 2017, at 11:59 PM. Feel free to share feedback and ask questions on this page.
Thanks again everyone!
I guess I'm not a high enough rank to make hyperlinks yet. Could someone help me out with that?

Also, if the above links don't work for you, here are alternate ones:

General Development Survey: https://dsc4930.sawtoothsoftware.com/gT4MXxX296/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=gT4MXxX296
Campaign Survey: https://dsc4930.sawtoothsoftware.com/KCHZLYJhDG/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=KCHZLYJhDG
Features Survey: https://dsc4930.sawtoothsoftware.com/d2qYYRDQXG/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=d2qYYRDQXG

Feel free to comment once you've taken one (or all) of them!
Primary Links
Quote:
General Development Survey
Campaign Survey
Features Survey
Backup Links
Quote:
General Development Survey
Campaign Survey
Features Survey
Hopefully these lead to the correct locations.
Primary Links
Quote:
General Development SurveyCampaign SurveyFeatures Survey
Backup Links
Quote:
General Development SurveyCampaign SurveyFeatures Survey
Hopefully these lead to the correct locations.
Awesome! Thank you!
Awesome! Thank you!
No problem.
Thank you to everyone that has responded so far! With only a week left, now might be a good time to share some initial findings. I don't want to influence anyone still planning to take the survey, so I'm only going to share one key insight from each survey, for now.

General Development: Gameplay/Multiplayer is the most important attribute, by far. In fact, it is more than twice as important as the next most important attribute, Campaign/Story development.
Campaign: The most popular fireteam support choice is.... none. Players would rather go back to a Lone Wolf style, than play with a Fireteam (neither Blue team nor Osiris).
Features: "Sprint" has been the most important attribute when people have made their decisions about features so far... and the majority does NOT want sprint back, to any degree. I've personally never minded sprint, and didn't believe it was as big of an issue as people said. But this shows me otherwise. (Link to Chart: https://ibb.co/cq40t5)

So there's a taste! Keep in mind these results are subject to change as more responses come in. I'll share the full report with all the details a few days after the survey closes (next Saturday).
Did all three 🙂
On the features one I never chose one with the Halo 5 earning system (REQS.) Even if it had to sacrifice for the same weapons/vehicles or limited sprint
On the features one I never chose one with the Halo 5 earning system (REQS.) Even if it had to sacrifice for the same weapons/vehicles or limited sprint
Haha, you're definitely not the only one who used that approach. Thanks for responding!

Today's the last day! I was hoping for about 50 responses to each survey, but I've gotten over 100 responses on the General Development survey, almost 90 on the features survey, and just under 60 on the campaign survey! After locking the surveys tonight I'll prep a report and share it here sometime next week.
Haha, you're definitely not the only one who used that approach. Thanks for responding!

Today's the last day! I was hoping for about 50 responses to each survey, but I've gotten over 100 responses on the General Development survey, almost 90 on the features survey, and just under 60 on the campaign survey! After locking the surveys tonight I'll prep a report and share it here sometime next week.
It was fun participating! I shared it to about 4 of my Halo friends.
The survey's closed, and the analysis is done! Here's the link to the full PDF report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_PcccFNlC3MHlibTN4QkZxNm8/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to take a look, as you're probably more likely to find something that's really interesting to you through your own analysis of the charts in the report. That said, here are some of the key findings, in my opinion:

General Development:
  • Gameplay/Multiplayer are far more important than any other area of development. The Campaign comes second.
  • Based on the data, the most preferred version of Halo 6 would have a release date of Fall 2019, and would have High Effort put towards Gameplay/Multiplayer and Campaign/Story, Moderate Effort put towards Graphics/Art, and Low Effort put towards Rewards/Armor. In determining this I ruled out unrealistic scenarios (like having High Effort on everything).
Features:
  • The level of Sprint in the game is more important than the levels of all other features (in the Features survey) combined. Players really do not want Sprint back. Having Playable Elites was a minor concern for most players, but they would be still be willing to lose some weapon and vehicle variants to have that ability.
  • Players prefer a Credits system for earning armor and other customizables, but are almost as happy earning those through Achievements and Experience only. Really, they just don’t want REQs again.
  • Players would prefer to keep the variety of weapons and vehicles the same as they are in Halo 5. In fact, they would rather lose some weapon and vehicle variants than get more in Halo 6.
  • Players would rather have DLC they have to pay for than not have any DLC at all. They would prefer free DLC though (of course).
  • If 343 had to make money through either Paid DLC or REQs, it appears that REQs would be the preferred way to go. Players hate REQs more than they hate Paid DLC, but they love FREE DLC a ton. Basically, they love Free DLC more than they hate REQs.
Campaign:
  • The fraction of missions that are played as the Master Chief is the most important element of the Campaign. Everything else was pretty balanced when it comes to importance.
  • Players do NOT want Osiris support, are ok with Blue Team only support, but mostly prefer that Halo 6 get back to a Lone Wolf style of play (like Halo 1-3).
  • Players would prefer some sort of Flood return, than not having any Flood return.
  • Players want the Brutes to return and would prefer that Atriox at least make a cameo. The ideal, however, would be a Brute Return and for Atriox to play a large role.
  • If only the Flood or the Brutes could return, players would prefer to get Brutes (but only if Atriox also returned).
  • Players would prefer to have an 8 mission campaign with half of it being Master Chief than have a 15 mission campaign with none of it being Master Chief.
  • Players would prefer to have a 10 mission campaign with all of it being Master Chief than have a 15 mission campaign with half of it being Master Chief.
All the charts are in the report above, so feel free to look it over and make your own observations and comments in this thread! Thanks again for all your responses to the survey! Hope you enjoy the results!
Well a lot of people really like chief in my opinion, and so do i. However consider my vote for seeing playable elites to return again, which breaks the tie, from both being a 5.4 to the Pros for a 5.5, so you could say a little more than half, wants to see playable elites to return.
NOOOOOOO I was too late, really wanted to do these. I love surveys.