Halo 6 ranking system!

OP TrEEx916xBlAzER

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Pease read before voting!

Make Your Selection:

will update soon sorry had about 6 paragraphs and they all got deleted by accident and now I don't know how to just delete this post and start over so I am editing it now LOL.
xp doesn't really mean anything other than that they play the game a lot so it'd make much more sense having it based on skill. you can be really good at the game and have low xp because you don't play often.
Halo 5 uses the same skill based ranking system as Halo 3. The XP system is purely for progressions / unlocks.
halo-3 because it has more of campaign ranking included
Any Joe can get to max level with xp easy, your level/rank should mean authority and bragging rights
will update soon sorry had about 6 paragraphs and they all got deleted by accident and now I don't know how to just delete this post and start over so I am editing it now LOL.
Reach is best. Go Reach
halo reach
I liked also in Halo 3 that a few armors required you to reach certain ranks, but if leaving a game de-ranks you, it should exclusively be for quitting and leave you at null if you lag out.
Halo Reach which is not an option. But going back to the options, I'd have to say Halo 3.
Why did you not make Halo: Reach an option? That was my personal favorite multiplayer system.
It should be an xp based system, otherwise Halo will lose a huge portion of its community. Adding onto that as well H6 will also almost 100% include WZ and where would the point of playing that go? I personally love building up to max SR, and it is by no means not a bragging right to hit SR152. That shows true dedication.
xp doesn't really mean anything other than that they play the game a lot so it'd make much more sense having it based on skill. you can be really good at the game and have low xp because you don't play often.
While thats true, the skill system has just as many faults. For instance people like to use smurf acounts or have friends play for them to get a higher rank. I remember people even literly selling acounts on halo 3, or leveling up ranks for money and Microsoft points. And there was also people lag switching Just to get the uperhand and rank up. These were problens in halo 2 and 3. In adition the xp system in reach and in 5, award you with increased xp when you do better. And in general, the more you do any task the better you are at it. So the xp System dose have some merit to it.
Regice554 wrote:
While thats true, the skill system has just as many faults. For instance people like to use smurf acounts or have friends play for them to get a higher rank. I remember people even literly selling acounts on halo 3, or leveling up ranks for money and Microsoft points. And there was also people lag switching Just to get the uperhand and rank up. These were problens in halo 2 and 3. In adition the xp system in reach and in 5, award you with increased xp when you do better. And in general, the more you do any task the better you are at it. So the xp System dose have some merit to it.
is there a way for some formula to be developed that can determine how many games are being won in a certain point in time and what their place is in that game that can be used to figure out where some one should be placed? because that's more what I was thinking. that way you don't worry about smurfs because if they start placing high and on a crazy winning streak it'd place them against other players that are doing just as well, and if they go on a losing streak it'd start pairing you with lesser skilled players
Regice554 wrote:
is there a way for some formula to be developed that can determine how many games are being won in a certain point in time and what their place is in that game that can be used to figure out where some one should be placed? because that's more what I was thinking. that way you don't worry about smurfs because if they start placing high and on a crazy winning streak it'd place them against other players that are doing just as well, and if they go on a losing streak it'd start pairing you with lesser skilled players
Thats a good idea, like the computer saying wow, that one player sudenly got wayyyyy beter today. Idk, i thought the last few renditions of rank did ok “skill based”. Halo 3 would place you near your skill level in ranked matches, or would try too. And halo 5 bronze- onyx did ok. I dont really mind all the flaws of skill teirs or xp grinding. Personaly i would like to see a fusion of the two. I would say halo 3, but the 1exp for a win was alittle lame and time consuming. Rank boosting in anyform is allways there in every game. Maybe 343 will have concocted some new way to determine skill for halo 6.
Regice554 wrote:
ZaedynFel is already well and truly underway with some exciting new prediction software for Ranked Multiplayer. From what I’ve read a smurf account will get one maybe two games out where they destroy and then the system will put them with others who do similarly in games. This new system is very exciting and hopefully extinguishes the need for people to boost their ego by destroying others.

In tandem with that, higher ranked players also don’t have as strict search parameters anymore, hopefully negating the need to make smurf accounts as well.
I haven’t been motivated to rank up since halo3/reach. What need to happen in halo 6 is that they need to implement a 1-50 ranking system like in halo 3 along with a credit based system like in halo reach. It’s simple. Let’s see if they do it or not 😁
I liked Halo 3's the best, but Reach's system was the best for most players.

My ideal solution would be a ranked system like Reach, with all those cool ranks and graphic icons, and then just displaying your career high CSR in each playlist in an easily accessible portion of your service record.

Honestly I can not even comprehend how we have these garbage "Rank 17, Rank 80, Rank 140" things in Halo 5... just use the exp system and copy over ranks from Halo Reach? It's WAY more interesting to have a rank with a name and a graphic than just a stupid -Yoinking!- number.
Halo 5 came close with the ranking system but Halo 3 is unmatched to me by any game to this date since then. Having a level 50 with minimal matches played compared to matches won looked clean and earned the player bragging rights along with a sense of achievement. No halo since then or any game since then has had the same amount of reward from their ranking system that I got from halo3. Plus, the gameplay was fun and competitive. The split screen match-making was fun and the DLCs were worth buying. Hopefully Halo 6 takes some steps back toward what made Halo great. I did like halo 5, but it lacked DLC. The maps were good but no extras. Really hope Halo 6 makes me fall back in love with the game.
Halo Reach..
I'd say Halo 3 or Halo Reach.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2