Halo 6 Release Year

OP Riprollonect13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

In what year should Halo 6 be released?

Poll Ended

Hello Halo fans! I was just wondering which year you would like Halo 6 to come out. Halo 5: Guardians was released two years ago, and the main Halo titles tend to have a 3 year gap (CE-2, 2-3, 4-5). However, some members of the Halo community may not want a game next year. That way, 343 has more time to create Halo 6, which probably means a better game.

As you can see, I have selected the years 2018-2021. I would figure that if Halo 6 does not come out by 2021, Halo 6 is probably not happening. Please give reasons for the answers you supply; I would much rather get 10 replies with 100 words than 50 replies with 5 words. Of course, if you don't really care about being thoughtful, you would have voted and left already.

I am one of those people who would sacrifice time for quality. I naturally do that myself, in fact. If Halo 6 follows the 3-year trend and comes out in 2018, I have a feeling that we will be disappointed. At the same time, I don't want to wait too long for the next game. So, 2019 seems to be the sweet spot. Given two more years, 343 has plenty of time to get their game right without making us wait too long.

Everybody has his/her/it's own opinion, so I am genuinely interested in what you guys think. I don't know; one of you may change my mind. Have an awesome day Halo fans, and see you in matchmaking!
My money is on 2018. Think about it. Halo 4 released in 2012, had an announcement in 2014 for Halo 5, and Halo 5 released in 2015. About a 3 year development time across those games.

I'm just assuming we'll probably get some form of Halo 6 tease at E3 this year for a 2018 release. 2018 would be the end of a 3 year development process between Halo 5 and Halo 6, much like the one between Halo 4 and Halo 5.
Uuv wrote:
My money is on 2018. Think about it. Halo 4 released in 2012, had an announcement in 2014 for Halo 5, and Halo 5 released in 2015. About a 3 year development time across those games.

I'm just assuming we'll probably get some form of Halo 6 tease at E3 this year for a 2018 release. 2018 would be the end of a 3 year development process between Halo 5 and Halo 6, much like the one between Halo 4 and Halo 5.
Thank you for responding, and yes it does make a lot of sense for Halo 6 to come out in 2018. However, do you want it to come out in 2018 or a later year?
Uuv wrote:

Thank you for responding, and yes it does make a lot of sense for Halo 6 to come out in 2018. However, do you want it to come out in 2018 or a later year?
2018 in October
Uuv wrote:

I'd like 2018, however I'm fine with the game releasing whenever the game is actually finished, rather than launching early with little content, and lacking game modes. While Halo 5 was polished at launch, it was very underwhelming in terms of having content to play with, and I don't want a repeat of that again.
I would say 2018
It will most likely be 2018, since Halo almost always runs on a 3-year development cycle. But given the circumstances, unless 343 has become much more efficient since Halo 5, I'd rather them take their time and develop Halo 6 for another two years. It would improve the overall quality of the game, and hopefully give them time to compress the data.
2021 because if the game is really good then it would take that long to finish
2019 but a polished game with main features available on release
Halo CE - 2001
Halo 2 - 2004
Halo 3 - 2007
End of original trilogy
Halo 4 - 2012
Halo 5: Guardians - 2015

Halo 6 will probably be released in 2018 because the games in the series usually take 3 years to make. The 5 years between Halo 3 and Halo 4 don't count because the original trilogy ended and then the Reclaimer saga started up. The time between Halo 4 and Halo 5 seems to be following the same pattern, however Halo 6 isn't guaranteed to come out in 2018.
Releasing the game in 2019 would be a colossal mistake, seriously harming the fan opinion, despite the long development time to 'clean up' and 'fix' the game following what a lot of people want, the game would only have to reach significantly higher expectations.
The extra year means the game has to be absolutely bug free, if there are bugs (and there will be) everyone will be upset. If the servers aren't working, everyone will be upset. If the games graphics quality isn't up to date with the stupidly high expectations if the gaming community, everyone will be upset. Especially considering that if Halo 6 were to release in 2019 it would be 2 years after the Scorpio released.

2018, or March 2019 latest, seems like a good middle ground in between quickly releasing and having high fan expectations. The three year development cycle is the industry standard and should be enough for 343 to release a working game with a fun campaign and all the basic game modes.

TL;DR: Longer devtimes ≠ Better Game and in fact raises expectations
Does not matter, as long as 343 delivers a full complete game with all the features and innovations in one package.
I sad 2019. I wish they would put out a non Master Chief game type. I know they did Halo Wars 2, but I'd like an RPG style game, where armor actually has an effect on abilities instead of just cosmetic.
I bet it will be released in 2018 but it would be best for 343 to the it's time and not rush the game just to satisfy a certain deadline.
I expect 2018 but I wouldn't mind a 2019 release if it prevents another 'Halo 5' from coming out. Get right the first time.
I expect a fall 2018 release but who knows.
2018 is too soon. C'mon guys why would you want another Halo 5!!!? We can't have a HALO game rushed!
I'd rather have a really good game with parts Halo 5 did wrong right, than them not fixing them and rushing the game again.
2018 is too soon. C'mon guys why would you want another Halo 5!!!? We can't have a HALO game rushed!
I'd rather have a really good game with parts Halo 5 did wrong right, than them not fixing them and rushing the game again.
I definitely think Halo 6 coming out in 2018 would be too soon, considering, in my perspective, that Halo 5 hasn't quite started going downhill yet. I think 2019 would be a much better year just to get a little bit more time for testing/community input. It would also allow them to get more time to build up the hype for Halo 6, especially since Halo Wars 2 came out. Having so little time between Halo games, even if it's not the traditional Halo game like Halo Wars 2 for me would be unbearable, and a waste of energy. 343 should wait till 2019 so it doesn't feel so rushed, mainly b/c Halo Wars 2 just came out.
If we give 343 until 2021, they will have enough time to make better features for the next Halo. If we give them less time, they will have to release it earlier which will give them less time to make a good Halo game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2