2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 27
I kind of wish custom games gave us the option to mess with the FOV. I think we need like halo CE fast, the only thing I don't like about FOV when its higher is that it causes that fishbowl effect where everything is curved on the sides and a bit in the center.
I think the best thing to do is have classic modes without sprint and normal modes with sprint. But, hell yes. Sprint needs to be in Halo 6. I makes no sense to me, why a buff -Yoink-, huge mother -Yoinking!- spartan can't sprint. The year is 2552 and people say sprint shouldn't be a thing. Get real people!
I'd be fine with that. I hate sprint but if there was a place without sprint then I wouldn't care.
I can't believe Halo 5 still has no classic playlists. Especially with the large amount of players complaining about it.
I think the best thing to do is have classic modes without sprint and normal modes with sprint. But, hell yes. Sprint needs to be in Halo 6. I makes no sense to me, why a buff -Yoink-, huge mother -Yoinking!- spartan can't sprint. The year is 2552 and people say sprint shouldn't be a thing. Get real people!
I'd be fine with that. I hate sprint but if there was a place without sprint then I wouldn't care.
I can't believe Halo 5 still has no classic playlists. Especially with the large amount of players complaining about it.
The maps aren't designed for Halo without the abilities. I would suspect that this would -Yoink- up game play just as much as sprint does.
The maps aren't designed for Halo without the abilities. I would suspect that this would -Yoink- up game play just as much as sprint does.
Well, they could get community made forge maps, I think they just don't want to.
I would like to see sprint in Halo 6, but it would be neat to have some sort of classic game mode without sprint. I would also be fine with a faster base movement speed like they have in doom. For modes like warzone though, I think sprint is needed.
No neutral in between option?
Not voting is the neutral option ;) we don't need to know that you don't care ether way
goodanhigh wrote:
Right now, the YES SPRINT outnumbers the NO I LIKE BORING HALO 2:1. This is definitive. Halo will include sprint for Halo 6. The end.
So, you want to play recycled content again? Okay, so it's official, the fanboys that like sprint actually do want recycled content, since they want sprint AGAIN, despite their words of "We don't want to play recycled Halo, Halo has to EVOLVE!!!!"

Can't wait for the inevitable population and sales decline.
I remember that one time where I didn't care whether or not I enjoyed the game, but it mattered to me how popular the game was or how much money someone other than me made.

Never mind, I don't actually.
Lol this deserves two thumbs up.
You like halo yet dont care about the long term outlook on the franchise? odd
I certainly don't care what you think is necessary for the long term health of the franchise. I'm perfectly happy leaving those determinations to the trained and experienced professionals with actual data to support their decisions at their finger tips.
I thought mic drops were lame pretty much the moment they became a thing, but...*mic drop*
Yes but I would like it to be a sprint that allowed you to shoot as you run. 343 could have both sprint and no sprint play list.
DANIELG360 wrote:
No neutral in between option?
Not voting is the neutral option ;) we don't need to know that you don't care ether way
Oh, you're correct!
Well, they could get community made forge maps, I think they just don't want to.
even then the way it plays is different. I've played as close to as possible with h3 settings(no sprint, no abilities, no clamber, ect ect) on remakes in customs with my community and it's just not the same. I don't set up the games but from what I gather you can't change jump height (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) which ruins a lot of map traversal. You'd have to lower certain parts of the map to make it work which then ruins other parts lol. I don't think a classic halo playlist will work in h5 until there's an option added in to support it.
Or they could increase jump height. Problem solved.
goodanhigh wrote:
Right now, the YES SPRINT outnumbers the NO I LIKE BORING HALO 2:1. This is definitive. Halo will include sprint for Halo 6. The end.
So, you want to play recycled content again? Okay, so it's official, the fanboys that like sprint actually do want recycled content, since they want sprint AGAIN, despite their words of "We don't want to play recycled Halo, Halo has to EVOLVE!!!!"

Can't wait for the inevitable population and sales decline.
I remember that one time where I didn't care whether or not I enjoyed the game, but it mattered to me how popular the game was or how much money someone other than me made.

Never mind, I don't actually.
Lol this deserves two thumbs up.
You like halo yet dont care about the long term outlook on the franchise? odd
I certainly don't care what you think is necessary for the long term health of the franchise. I'm perfectly happy leaving those determinations to the trained and experienced professionals with actual data to support their decisions at their finger tips.
What an absolutely pathetic appeal to authority. It is well documented how much the population of H4 declined immediately after launch. H5 had record low sales for the series (in terms of actual games sold, not money made from merchandise and REQ whales). To the point that the only Xbox press release that has even mentioned actual units sold went with "over one million units." Based on that and any other metrics available, it's just barely sitting above MCC and well below ODST. Even then, it's blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that the population, which was demonstrably unimpressive to start with, is declining. People would rather play the "modern" shooters that 343 wishes Halo would be.

Honestly, how utterly incompetent would 343 have to be and how irrelevant would this IP need to become before you started to question the "trained and experienced professionals" that brought us the MCC launch and the most pitiful selection of launch playlists/game types ever featured in a Halo game? At what point do the 6 years worth of feedback from passionate members of the community become worthwhile? At what point can we admit it's a problem that millions of people have been driven away by this series' identity crisis? At what point is it reasonable to suggest to these industry experts that maybe they should try making a game like, you know, Halo? When not even overpriced collector's editions and REQ bundles can salvage a profit out of a new mainline Halo title? Christ.
I have yet to see an actual argument for keeping sprint. Everyone just says, "I like it."
I have yet to see an actual argument for getting rid of sprint. Everyone just says, "I don't like it."

(That's an awfully silly statement to make, don't ya think? It's okay to disagree with those that like it, because all this boils down to is a difference of opinion. But their arguments are as legitimate as yours.)
The difference between me and you though is that I actually have yet to see an actual argument for sprint and how it positively impacts the game and the sandbox. Non-Sprint people have given plenty of examples of how Sprint has changed the game for the negative.
Ah, the illusion argument...
This presupposes that sprint is for getting from one point on the map to another as quick as possible. That isn't why I use it. For me it's a utility thing. A faster variable of speed is very useful, but would be overpowered if allowed to shoot or recharge.
So, you like sprint because it allows to get from one place to another faster, at a risk of being nearly defenseless if you are trapped by an enemy. You say it's a gameplay mechanic, and I guess it is, but I would rather have the, at the ready at all times, kind of thing that you get in the classic Halos. I am glad that 343 has balanced sprint more from Halo 4 though.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of sprint in Reach or Halo 4 and I wasn't optimistic at all about sprint in Halo 5, but I played the beta and had to admit that they balanced it nicely.
Also, for me, the appeal of sprint isn't getting from one place to another faster. It's just useful to move faster at any given moment.
I've played the games with increased base movement speed and weapons always at the ready and do not find them to be fun. They just turn into shotgun/melee fests *COUGHdoombetaCOUGH*
In short yes, halo 6 needs sprint. halo 5 is my favourite gameplay style out of all the games, yes halo 3 was great and is my nostalgia game, I look back and go that is best experience but in all honesty its not, and I know that by playing the MCC, nostalgia clouds a lot of peoples judgments. I think halo 5 has the best gameplay and has for want of words perfected it so far, the thrust packs, sprint and wall clamber (forgot what its called unless it is that lol) is all what is needed, not the ability's of reach.

The gameplay is much more fast pace and action based with sprint, when I did play on say like halo 2 or 3 on the MCC it feels so slow in comparison, sprint is a basic ability and how 343 have handled it is great with the fact that your shields do not recharge while sprinting. It adds another element to the gameplay and enhances it.

As for the people that say sprint lessens the skill gap, no it doesn't, the skill gap is still their, but to be a skilled player you now need to be skilled in sprint as well, and I know its not like this for everyone, but just because a player was highly skilled at halo 2 and not at halo 5 does not mean the skill gap has lessened, just that they are no longer as skilled/ or at the same level of skill for this game as they were for previous games but they still think that being skilled at halo 2 means they are skilled at halo 5 but because they are dying more because of the use of sprint the skill gap has lessened, that is not the case, they are not at the same skill level any more
I like it, it adds alot of very helpful spartan abilities.
Yes halo 6 should have sprint
I think we should try it out without it. Halo 5's motion and abilities feel like they finally nailed what I wanted from Reach. But in saying that it's been since Halo 3 mp that we've had a graphically updated Halo in that classic style.
the reason being that all the people that didn't want it already left.
Yes! Back in the Halo 3 days, I would often wish we had Sprint. That's really the only thing I would've want them to add to Halo for future installments. A dodge mechanic/Evasion move as well. Adding a Slowdown mechanic when shot was a fair way to balance it or not being able to recharge your shields when using it is also good.
We want sprint if we get bigger maps
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 27