Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo: Infinite, 1-50 or Bronze-Champ returning?

OP Sypriz

What ranking system do you want to see in Infinite

Make Your Selection:

I'd personally like to see the Bronze-Champ system return, but redesigned in some way.
It is the same system, the numbers were replaced with names. I hate how ranks are just Sr 20 and Sr 67 and miss the Sergeant and Warrant Officer. So I have to go with the name system, Bronze-Champ. Straight numbers are definitely easier to understand, maybe they can coexist somehow. Have it say platinum and then you look for more details it says 23 or something.
Rxcluze wrote:
It is the same system, the numbers were replaced with names. I hate how ranks are just Sr 20 and Sr 67 and miss the Sergeant and Warrant Officer. So I have to go with the name system, Bronze-Champ. Straight numbers are definitely easier to understand, maybe they can coexist somehow. Have it say platinum and hen you look for more details it says 23 or something.
a combination of the 2 would actually be pretty cool, just needs to work the right way
I think the bronze-champ system is just more simple. I like it that way.
I think mimicking the Forum rankings for skill rankings would be fun, i.e. something like Recruit -> Marine -> ODST -> Spartan. It would give some more Halo-y flavor to the ranking system than Bronze-Champ.
I remember making a thread similar to this a couple years back, but I’d definitely want to see the Bronze - Champion system return.

Reason being, the Bronze - Champion system more accurately displays skill and provides more incentive to grind. There’s no limit to how much CSR you can get in a season, whereas once you hit 50 in the old system, there’s not much else to grind for.

I think the Bronze - Champion system more accurately displays skill because the system differentiates between who gets carried, and who does the carrying usually. At least, that’s how it seems to be with TrueSkill 2 implemented. Bad players could easily have been carried to a 50 in the old system without anyone knowing.
Sypriz wrote:
I'd personally like to see the Bronze-Champ system return, but redesigned in some way.
Guys normally polls don't disappoint me, but come on.

The bronze - champ system is so easy to exploit, it had to be redone multiple times and now players lacking in skill can achieve champ if they just play the game enough. If you're going to have the champion rank, don't put a player cap on it. Cheaters and boosters will always ascend to the top, pushing legitimate better players down.
playing all the time won't get you a champ because of the True Skill 2 system. cheaters and boosters do get CSR, but the current system detects boosting, and hands out punishments (up to 6 months)
Something New.