1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5

Should Brutes be in the new Halo title?

Make Your Selection:

We have all fought against the Brutes on the battlefield in previous games. In my experience it was fun as they were sometimes a challenging enemy that could make you change strategy for certain encounters. I’m curious to see what the community thinks about bringing them back in Halo Infinite?
I think they should return as it has been a while since they have been in a main series halo game
We need brutes and flood back!
As I said in another thread, bring them all back: Brutes; Drones; Engineers; Skirmishes; hell, even Prophets while we're at it. If we see a return of Sentinels and the Flood, and I hope we do, I'd like to see more variations. Bring back classic Constructors as well as several more types of Agressors (Minor, Major, plus more), several Enforcer types and more. Bring back the Infection Forms, Combat Forms, Carrier Forms, maybe even the Juggernaut, and more.
The only ones I don't want to see are the Ibie'shans, and Yonhet and Thanolekgolo from Halo: Nightfall.
I think they should. I just hope that if they do then they would be more like Halo 2 brutes and less like Halo 3 brutes.

Also if they return the elites might get less brutish again which would be good.
Id LOVE to see Atriox make an appearance
If the banished appeared that would be awesome but I highly doubt it
Provided their return is explained in-game in some way and they aren't just the bullet sponges from 2 or Reach or the dumbed-down Sangheili from 3, sure, why not.
I’d enjoy fighting the brutes again. It gave a different form of playing opposed to elites. Plus with the Banished, there could be some pretty sweet opportunities here.
Be nice to see Brutes in a fps Halo game again.
If the banished appeared that would be awesome but I highly doubt it
Can you imagine how crazy things would get?
Provided their return is explained in-game in some way and they aren't just the bullet sponges from 2 or Reach or the dumbed-down Sangheili from 3, sure, why not.
Agreed they need to have a canonical explaination.
I really hope so, I love fighting brutes
IMAGINE AN INFECTED SCARAB
As long as they aren't weak and puny as they are in Halo Reach, but more like H2, I say yes. Bring all the species back for one big battle. The possibilities are... infinite!
As long as they aren't weak and puny as they are in Halo Reach, but more like H2, I say yes. Bring all the species back for one big battle. The possibilities are... infinite!
Uh, Reach's Brutes were actually the second strongest in the entire series.
Halo 3's Brutes are the weakest of all.
H3: ODST had them "stronger", but that's the result of having an ODST soldier to face them rather than a Spartan.
It's very possible. 343i said the events of HW2 will tie into the story, so we may see the Banished make an appearance in some kind of way.
Would certainly like to see them return, it's overdue.
Bullet Sponges in Halo Reach ?? I thought they felt weak and absolutely sub par compared to the Elites.
If they come back, I hope they'd be more like they were in halo 3. I always loved fighting brutes in halo 3, thought the halo 2 brutes were just annoying and stupid (not the kind of stupid you associate with brutes, but stupid AI). H3 had better brutes because of all the cool ways you could fight them, plasma/BRs, a perfectly placed shot from a sniper, shotguns, etc. also loved their pack mentality, like how they would protect their pack leader, the lower ranks would rush first, then the majors, and if all else failed, the chieftain would make a last stand. Also hope they aren't the banished, I hope they are what's left of the same brutes that served truth and the old covenant, like they've spent all these years since H3 in civil wars, but now there's a leader (Cortana) who promises amazing things in return for their service, so they give themselves to her like they did to the prophets. Remember, brutes (for the most part) are followers, not leaders.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5