OP iElEpHaNt TrUnK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Halo 3 on Legendary was difficult because of the sheer numbers of Brute and how tough they are. I wouldn't mind poping a few more skull caps off and killing Brute in Halo Infinite.
Yep can't wait to fight another brute with a gravity hammer.
I loved that in Halo 3.
vulture111 wrote:
We need brutes and flood back!
We surely do! Brute weapons are awesome, and I need to survive the flood again! XD
I want a Halo game with the Brutes, Covenant (bring back drones please), Flood, and Prometheans all at the same time. I think it would be really interesting to see how they all interact with each other on the battlefield. While we’re at it, I want every weapon in every Halo all in one game too. Sticky detonator, smg, targeting locator, storm rifle, plasma rifle, concussion rifle, spike grenades, plasma launcher, grenade launcher, ALL OF IT. All the vehicles too: Revenant, Spectre, Chopper, Falcon, Hornet, Prowler, Shadow, etc. Bring it ALL back. Let’s make this -Yoink- epic.
It would be great to have them back. The Banished are the most likely faction but I would like to see if any other Splinter Faction is present like Jul 'Mdama' s Covenant
I definitely think so. Brutes are classic Halo enemies.
It would be cool if there in infinite
definitely like to see the brutes back they were challanging at times.hopefully we get some flood as well.
It would be refreshing to have the brutes, drones or some of the other old enemies back. It was getting boring with only elites, grunts jackals and the occasional hunter
I think they should. I just hope that if they do then they would be more like Halo 2 brutes and less like Halo 3 brutes.

Also if they return the elites might get less brutish again which would be good.
Nahh i think Halo 3 brutes were much better
I think they should. I just hope that if they do then they would be more like Halo 2 brutes and less like Halo 3 brutes.

Also if they return the elites might get less brutish again which would be good.
Allrighty, Ill bite, what aspects of the Halo 3 Brutes you preferred over Halo 2 ones?
Obviously I think they have some aspects over Halo 2 brutes but overall I think Halo 2 variants take the cake.

So, to go down some examples, Halo 2 brutes were more health & armor based where Elites were mix of shield & health based opponents, Halo 3 changed this with the "confetti armor" that worked pretty similarly to shields, as in it was suceptible to plasma damage & EMP overcharge, possibly to make up for lack of traditional Elites as an enemy class as there are few enemy classes that have shields in Halo.
The berserk mode was also nerfed where before when brute went berserk it meant business & really showed how brute really matched it's size & name in close quarters combat with it's natural abilities & pretty much wreck anything it got it's hands into whereas Halo 3 variants just started to wobble towards the player unarmored in all cases making them easy pickings.
I also preferred how brutes looked really wild, unkept & barbarian like in Halo 2 whereas in Halo 3 they were all trimmed the same way, Halo 2 also had a little color variation to brute hair which wasn't the case in Halo 3.
Now what I think Halo 3 got right is more variation on brute technology & that there were more specialized classes, well mostly 2 chieftain classes but still.
Of which, for some reason, mr hammertime had momentary invincibility capability which meant just extra waiting in most cases while heavy turret/fuel rod one was something of a mix between Chieftain & regular brutes in the ways it's dispatched.
But those werent enough to overall put them over Halo 2 variations for me in addition to which is that brute technology could just be added to Halo 2 brute type enemies in which sense Halo 2 brutes on their purest are way better.

So, care to elaborate which particular aspects of Halo 3 brutes, as opponents, made them a better choice for you?

And do you even check the timestamps on posts in this site before you make a quote?
I didn't realise how much I missed the brutes until recently playing Halo: Reach. Coming to think of it, they aren't in Halo 5 and I can agree with lots of other people, I miss the flood and brutes. Would love to see them return in some way or another if possible
Well now I feel bad for saying no but. I honestly never liked the brutes. Thats just me, I honestly thought the others were good enough depending on how you combine forces like a hunter elite combo of suicide grunts and plasma tackles. I don't know am I weird?
Yes, they play a bit differently from the Elites and I do actually enjoy fighting Brutes so for that reason and for the sake of variety I'd like to see them again!
Personally I think it'd be interesting to fight Banished Brutes. Been wanting to fight the Banished in an FPS ever since their first introduction in HW2. I'd settle for Brutes from any faction though.
I have some other thoughts so I'll just get them out in my replies to others.
Allrighty, Ill bite, what aspects of the Halo 3 Brutes you preferred over Halo 2 ones?
Obviously I think they have some aspects over Halo 2 brutes but overall I think Halo 2 variants take the cake.
I know you weren't responding to me but I wanted to give some input on this subject as well. Sorry in advance for slightly veering off your topic at parts.
While I will say H3 Brutes were my favorite to face out of their 3 game iterations, I think there are things to appreciate about all of them. I agree that the best aspect of the H2 Brutes was how terrifying they could be in a state of rage and thats something I'd definitely like to see again. However, I didn't come to first appreciate the Brutes as an enemy until H3. While its true they were toned down I think they were also refined and retained their character as a brutish pack-following race which helped to set them apart in the Haloverse. Its one of the reasons I've been disappointed with the Elites overall design in H4/5 where they seem to have taken some cues from the Brutes. Like you, I think the Brutes returning would help to fix this. After seeing HW2 it made me think the Brutes are just more 343's style. Perhaps they should have been using them to begin with or pull a H3 where the Brutes replaced the Elites as the main baddy.
One of my favorite aspects of the Brutes in H3 was their unique behaviors that no other enemies had. Again, they often worked as a pack (something we haven't seen from the Elites) so they tended to be very reactive to the situation, changing behavior if someone from their pack was killed. Of course we see Grunts and Jackals react by running away in these kind of situations but Brutes are different in that they face the challenge head-on when faced with adversity. Sure, H2's had much of the same behavior in this respect but I'd say H3's expanded upon it.
Though their rage mode was slower and much less threatening then that of H2's, what I did like was how far up they'd leap for a slam with their fists. While I do think their rage could have been a bit more difficult to deal with I'd say they were still fun to fight. H2's rage made them a highly unruly nuisance. I also just found the Brute's semi-tanky power armor more satisfying to destroy and deal with rather than a naked bullet spongy Brute with an armor cap that needed several shots to pop-off for a killing headshot. Though their look with broken off power armor was quite peculiar for a Brute I'll admit.
The thing I liked most about the Brutes though was specifically the Gravity Hammer wielding Chieftain in H3. No other melee infantry has been quite as terrifying to face in Halo games as them. As for their invincibility, they for some reason are actually still vulnerable in the back if I remember correctly so actually there is still some fun counter-play but even so I like the aspect of somehow trying to take him out before he gets to use his invincibility or waiting it out like a cowardly Grunt.
As far as their appearance goes, I can't say I have a strong opinion. Though, the less Human-like they are the better IMO. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Rhino/Gorilla mix which seems to still fall in line with the overall theme of all past iterations. The HW2 Brutes seem to be the best compromise between these two very different kinds of Brutes with their overall ragged brutish but armored look. I just hope they do more to change their faces as its looking a bit too much like a generic baddy face that you'd see in most other places like Gears-of-War for example. Guess it makes sense seeing as they are both own by Microsoft.

In the end, though H3's are my favorite iteration, I think aspects from all of them should be taken. Perhaps your standard Brute Minor would be like that of a comparably docile shaven Brute of Reach while increasingly higher ranks have more fur, armor, equipment, and formidably fearsome bouts of rage. Again, the HW2 Brutes seem like the best base for this, while taking inspiration from the past games.
As I said in another thread, bring them all back...
The only ones I don't want to see are the Ibie'shans, and Yonhet and Thanolekgolo from Halo: Nightfall.
Can you imagine the memes that would come if Thanolekgolo were to return? It would be… Inevitable...
'Jokes' aside, like most people in this thread, I'd enjoy most things from the previous games returning along with more ranks and equipment/abilities from the races. Seeing as Reach was Bungie's last game only focusing on the Covenant, a lot of their forces were some of the best iterations of their race so I'd love to see that version of the Covenant as a base for what they decide to do next with them. Though, I did like the direction 343 were starting to go in with the Grunts and Hunters in H5. If they merged the best aspects of them from both games I think they'd be perfected.
For the Forerunners/Prometheans I actually really liked the direction 343 was going with those enemies in H4 despite most peoples misgivings about them. I liked how the different Prometheans synergized with each other, making you really have to think about your next immediate target or face the consequences as they slowly rebuild or fortify. I thought the way they went about it in H5 making them more generic with 'Soldiers' and gutting most of the cool abilities the previous units could do was kinda lame. While its true 343 has never quite figured them out I hope to see them given another try and fully realized in Infinite.
The variety of Sentinels used should definitely expand as your saying and this could compliment the Promethean forces. There is already so many to pick from, especially from the Halo Wars games.
Loved all the changes and additions to the Flood in H3. Hopefully they build upon that in future games.
SAZoom01 wrote:
Well now I feel bad for saying no but. I honestly never liked the brutes. Thats just me, I honestly thought the others were good enough depending on how you combine forces like a hunter elite combo of suicide grunts and plasma tackles. I don't know am I weird?
The way I see it, Brutes aren't necessary to the game as Elites easily fill that role. Plus, aesthetically/thematically-wise they're a bit too human like whereas all the other aliens (aside from the Forerunners) don't have such a 'problem'. So no, I can totally understand someone who would say they don't want them to return.
If there's some reason for them to be there, of course (in that case I would prefer their Halo 2 appearance and game interactions), but if it's just for the sake of adding everything, I'm not sure. Enemies representation must be somewhat realistic and lore related. For instance, Flood didn't make sense to appear in Halo 4 as the last known Gravemind until then had been destroyed in the Halo 3 events.
We have all fought against the Brutes on the battlefield in previous games. In my experience it was fun as they were sometimes a challenging enemy that could make you change strategy for certain encounters. I’m curious to see what the community thinks about bringing them back in Halo Infinite?
I think they'll return, on the Instgram Halo account there are some sounds that sound like Brutes!
I would honestly be surprised if they weren't in infinite. At the very least, they offer a healthy amount of enemy verity.
I would love to see brutes and flood with amazing new gameplay and graphics, halo 1 2 and 3 flood looked like green blobs trying to punch you and jump a lot
I think it would be easy for them to return considering the banished exist from Halo Wars 2, so maybe they could show up in infinite.
I better see brutes in halo infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5