Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo Infinite: Elite Abilities.

OP CarnageYautja

Do you want Elite abilities in Halo Infinite?

Make Your Selection:

To my fellow Halo fans,

If Elites are playable again (which I hope they will be), how would having Elite abilities sound?

For Spartans, we have:
  • Sprint.
  • Thrusters.
  • Clamber.
  • Slide.
  • Stabilizers.
  • Ground Pound.
  • Spartan Charge.
  • Smart scope.
Personally, I think those are too much abilities. I would prefer Spartans have:
  • Sprint.
  • Thrusters.
I think that's rather fair and simple.

For Elites, I wouldn't mind them having:
  • Sprint
  • Evade.
Just like Spartans have sprint and thrusters, Elites can have sprint and evade. I think that can make sense and can be quite simple. Only thing is that the Elites can't evade in the air like the Spartans can use thruster pack in the air lol. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a big disadvantage for the Elites. Maybe the Elites can evade twice like in Halo Reach to compensate for not being able to evade in the air. Or, what if elites can use their anti gravity packs to dodge in the air and they can use evade on the ground? Have alittle bit of both.

Really would like to read your thoughts on this. It would be beyond great to see playable Elites return.
I want playable elites but with classic movement mechanics. Since that seems highly unlikely, I will manage my expectations and say that if playable elites were to return, like I want them to, then they should have the same abilities as Spartans if for no other reason than multiplayer balancing. For campaign, if the Arbiter makes a return as a secondary character like in H3, then any co-op play would necessitate the Arbiter having the same abilities as the Chief anyway.
Yes to playable Elites, no to the abilities. Spartans and Elites should be even stats for fair start arena.
I’d love to see some of the crazy Elite assasination animations.
I'd rather there be playable Elites, and no abilities for Elites or Spartans.
Well I do want playable elites as an option, just not with abilities like Halo Reach. I much prefer classic movement. Although I do like the idea that Spartan have thrust and that elites would have evade.
I want playable elites but with classic movement mechanics. Since that seems highly unlikely, I will manage my expectations and say that if playable elites were to return, like I want them to, then they should have the same abilities as Spartans if for no other reason than multiplayer balancing. For campaign, if the Arbiter makes a return as a secondary character like in H3, then any co-op play would necessitate the Arbiter having the same abilities as the Chief anyway.
I hope they have a toggle option for abilities like they did in Halo 5 custom games to be quite honest. As for elites having the same abilities as spartans, I just hope evade is added in their because I miss being able to evade lol. It also seems like that ability would make sense for elites to have. I also sure do hope Arbiter can be playable as second player in the campaign.
I hope they have a toggle option for abilities like they did in Halo 5 custom games to be quite honest. As for elites having the same abilities as spartans, I just hope evade is added in their because I miss being able to evade lol. It also seems like that ability would make sense for elites to have. I also sure do hope Arbiter can be playable as second player in the campaign.
I can take or leave Spartan/Elite abilities but Sprint (not unlimited) and clambering should remain part of the movement mechanics.

I doubt the Arbiter will be a player on the Zeta Halo, because he is still busy consolidating power on Sanghelios and trying to unify the remaining keeps.
Yes, for social playlists exclusively.
Bring back the elites everyone loved them and if not theirs always spartans
Other, playable elites with no armor abilities.