Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Halo Infinite Matchmaking

OP Mink Prepper

Which method would you prefer for picking maps?

Poll Ended

Even though it leaves some maps on lesser attention I prefer the voting and veto systems.
I enjoy the system that allows you to vote for a few options, or none of the above.
Voting is the best! Establishing which maps we enjoy the most can help with future map making for the game!
Even though it leaves some maps on lesser attention I prefer the voting and veto systems.
that's why 343 started doing it in the first place. they wanted all their maps to be treated equally.
I'm with the minority here in preferring the game decide maps. There are a lot of maps people enjoy that they never get to play because they are always vetoed by majority. Perhaps an alternative would be to make an option to search for a game in a specific map prior to matchmaking?
I'm with the minority here in preferring the game decide maps. There are a lot of maps people enjoy that they never get to play because they are always vetoed by majority. Perhaps an alternative would be to make an option to search for a game in a specific map prior to matchmaking?
Haven't thought of that, cool idea!
Maddock82 wrote:
that's why 343 started doing it in the first place. they wanted all their maps to be treated equally.
Definitely, but why wouldnt people have an option to veto or vote against a map that people dont like. Its like forcing feces down players throat.

With the voting system the best maps will eventually be clear by majority choice and it could even help with the development of the maps to the next game.
Voting system was best! And being able to veto was so convenient and saved me a lot of boring gameplay.
I hate the voting system. I like to play on a variety of different maps, not the same damn ones over and over again. Halo 5 was the only game that did this right in my opinion.
I wonder if it's possible to implement a search for either, game chosen maps on ALL playlists as well as using the veto system. So the player can choose wether they want veto or random games in whatever playlist they search.
I do not like the veto or voting system. Certain gametypes/maps get kicked to the wayside because people only want to play one or two gametypes/maps.

I would like to see 343 be receptive to community feedback on removing/adding certain gametypes/maps from the rotation. Looking at you Slayer on Orion II, Pegasus II and Overgrown (Overgrowth?).