Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Hammerfall Grifball Court Forge Contest

OP runNOKYARDrun

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Select your favorite Hammerfall Grifball court.

Poll Ended

The the Grand Prize winner of the Hammerfall Grifball Court Forge Contest is to be selected by you, the Halo community.

Hammerfall Contest Results video.

These are the top three courts, in random order. Download and play a game on each Grifball court then come back here to select your favorite.

Inheritor by ArturBloodshot

Kanaloa's Wrath by Minister Muffin

Mbaraki District by Uncommon Future (a.k.a. ReinaStorm)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm salty, lol all good entries
Just realized i can't track the results without voting.
#corrupt :P
The volcano one is ugly the forerunner one has so much more detail. The city one is kinda good too
Dang, I'm having a hard time not voting against Inheritor just so someone else can get Olive. Spread the piggy love!
Really, there should be a cap of a single map per forger; once you get a map into the game, you're ineligible for more. More than that seems like favoritism and limits the attention the vast field of other talented forgers can receive.
EDIT- Yes, I'm now aware that this isn't a vote for matchmaking. That doesn't really change my point. Get more people's skills on display, and it will improve the experience through varied perspectives.
Dang, I'm having a hard time not voting against Inheritor just so someone else can get Olive. Spread the piggy love!
Really, there should be a cap of a single map per forger; once you get a map into the game, you're ineligible for more. More than that seems like favoritism and limits the attention the vast field of other talented forgers can receive.
well, i have had over 70 maps in the game so i can't agree with that.

Anyway, this is not a vote for matchmaking inclusion, it's a vote for YOUR favorite.

All 3, and several more from the contest, will be considered for MM when the time comes.
This contest was pretty much "whoever can build the prettiest box" (quoted from someone on ForgeHub and I can't remember who off the top of my head).
There were a ton of good submissions in this contest. In fact, I'm surprised a couple of my faves, which I thought would be in the top 10 atleast, didn't make it to the top 16.

This was a hard contest to judge, even from the outside. There was no telling who would be in the top 3.
The winner doesn't go into MM immediately. There will likely be a gathering of the top maps from the contest (more than just the 3 winners) and given to 343i to look at for MM inclusion, but no guarantees.
Vote for your favorite, not who you think should go into MM and get Olive.
well, i have had over 70 maps in the game so i can't agree with that.

Anyway, this is not a vote for matchmaking inclusion, it's a vote for YOUR favorite.

All 3, and several more from the contest, will be considered for MM when the time comes.
Not denying that some people are consistently better mapmakers; just saying that it's always nice to showcase new talent. The same people's ideas tend to evolve, but nothing radically shifts a game and builds new dynamics like new blood.

And I guess it wasn't clear to me that this wasn't for matchmaking. My bad. Still, #spreadtheOlivelove!

P.S. Seventy maps? Geez, leave some Halo for the rest of us! :)
New mombasa one 4 shure :)
Inheritor looks so gross. Bungie forerunner > 343 forerunner
Lava map is best map
Kanaloa's Wrath looks really nice. All the lava and the textures that were used is wonderful.
So I would of voted for Mbaraki District by uncommon future, but and I have to mention, 1 it's greats, it's clever and the working scoreboard is great. yet, the decision to have build it outside of an arena map is questionable considering the poor lighting of it. It all looks very bland as a result and I've seen so many good maps by reina, just I think how a maps lighting is, actually a core fundamental aspect in map design and game design is the lighting as it highlights, sets the mood. Defining an overall finish.
It is still one of my favourite maps however and I wish 343 gave us a little more control around the lighting issue on most built outside the developer maps, or more skyboxes. Again. Variety.
Inheritor is impressive forging, but I hate the new forerunner design. Since when did they have such bright lights and floating bright silver architecture? It doesn't even really resemble forerunners anymore imo. The New Mombasa one, while not super eye catching, is actually an extremely good replication of the streets we explored on ODST. Kanloa's Wrath is very simplistic in design, but I love the patterns, colours and lighting. It's very well done and reminds me of some of the grifball courts made on Halo 3's "Sandbox" for some reason. Overall they're all great maps by talented forgers, but my vote is going to go to Mbaraki District. I love the use of the skybox on the map, but I think it could still benefit from a light rain effect to better resemble ODST's atmosphere.
All three of these maps are superb, and the creators should be very proud.

However, my vote is going to Mbaraki District because that Superintendent effect is so damn precious.
I can keep track of the results for you and keep you updated via PM on discord if you want
I can keep track of the results for you and keep you updated via PM on discord if you want
If you could send me a screen shot of the results after the contest closes that would be fantastic. Thank you.
Well I think visual aids is gonna win.
Beibok wrote:
Inheritor is impressive forging, but I hate the new forerunner design. Since when did they have such bright lights and floating bright silver architecture? It doesn't even really resemble forerunners anymore imo. The New Mombasa one, while not super eye catching, is actually an extremely good replication of the streets we explored on ODST. Kanloa's Wrath is very simplistic in design, but I love the patterns, colours and lighting. It's very well done and reminds me of some of the grifball courts made on Halo 3's "Sandbox" for some reason. Overall they're all great maps by talented forgers, but my vote is going to go to Mbaraki District. I love the use of the skybox on the map, but I think it could still benefit from a light rain effect to better resemble ODST's atmosphere.
It actually does have a light rain effect on.
It probably wasn't too apparent in the video, but I didn't forget that sweet ambiance.
ODST is my favorite Halo title.
MBRAKI district
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2