Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

How many of you actually enjoy Warzone FF?

OP o Diamond Eyes

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
I think FF should play like horde from gears! It's some of the most fun I have had outside of halo. Build up defenses, have waves, no timer just need to kill everything, and boss rounds. Smaller maps too. I think if it can push towards that route it could actually be something. I didn't mind it in reach either, but I know alot of people still wanted it to play kind of like horde then as well.
Now that all the WZFF commendations are done, it's just a fun mode to hang out with my wingman, & relax after the chaos of Arenas or regular WZ.
Ehh... It's ok, at best. It has a lot of potential, but 343i, in classic 343i fashion, failed to have it live up to its potential due to the many bugs and ridiculous design choices.
It's ok. I'd never choose to play it solo but if I'm in a fire team and they load up FF I'll play it.
WZF = #Nofun
Hotrod192 wrote:
Ehh... It's ok, at best. It has a lot of potential, but 343i, in classic 343i fashion, failed to have it live up to its potential due to the many bugs and ridiculous design choices.
Most of all, there is 0 map designed for Firefight. I can't believe this.
Justima wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Of course not, since that would take more than minimal effort, which is completely against 343i's philosophy with Halo 5.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Of course not, since that would take more than minimal effort, which is completely against 343i's philosophy with Halo 5.
Aha.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Dang dude xD
I was REALLY enjoying it shortly after it first came out, once some of the scrubs cleared out (ugh, remember that free to play week?) and people learned how to actually contribute to a win. But after a while it's gotten tired, especially when I see how many issues and tweaks 343 just refuses to make or even address with the mode or even just individual rounds and objectives. The biggest change they made was to swap out which round a couple objectives would appear on. It gets tedious when you know that every game must end with you in a Scorpion (if not, you're either not contributing/ letting your team do the work, or you're going to lose) or one of the sparse few other useful vehicles for round 5 and that kind of gameplay just gets a little stale. So many damage sponge enemies. When I think about it, round 5 is never "challenging" because it's always either A) a cakewalk, since your team has the appropriate vehicles, or B) a failure, drowning in respawn timers, punctuated by short bursts of futile gameplay... because not enough people pressed the (insert heavy vehicle) button.
I just want the mode to receive a little attention, guys!
And could they maybe just do *something* to correct the promo soldier gunplay? It's just not anything that even resembles fun to fight them.
I would of picked the "Its Alright" option, but I don't think it even lives up to that. A banchee kills you in literally 1 -Yoinking!- second, aimbot soilders, crawlers, knights, crap maps not made for this gamemode, and spamming of enemies.
I like FF a lot, its one human team against the bad guys. If you get a team of players that work together, FF can be easy. I hate it when players will steal a vehicle. If I have a tank or another vehicle. I will let another player have mine when I can get another to get more fire power on the field, especially at the beginning of round 5.
I enjoy the crap out of it. Yeah, it can get really frustrating especially on Urban but I have a good time. There are some changed I would make which I'm sure are a lot of the same changes others would make:

Spawn Timer
Points needed to get higher reqs. Not everyone has Onyx level skills. I don't usually get to level 8 until late into round 5. By then it's damn near too late to bust out the good stuff and waste it.
Enemy spawn points

Without getting into detail that's the short list of improvements.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Justima wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
What a bloody savage
I quit playing it the week it released, I don't like it.
After being changed slightly on two occasions, it's gone from a warm pile of -Yoink- to a tolerable lump of cold -Yoink-.
I hit other. Usually warm up with one or two and hopefully win and get my two packs then it's mostly arena.
Once I figured out the best weapons and vehicles for each ai since they are buffed up versions it got a lot easier and more enjoyable. I might bring in 2-4 reqs a match depending on the rounds instead of something every time I die.
Firefight has its infuriating moments (e.g. when the core spawns all the way across the map), and losing is a real pain, it is a great way to warm up. I play FF for a bit before I play arena so that I am not complete trash, and it usually turns out well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9