Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

How many of you actually enjoy Warzone FF?

OP o Diamond Eyes

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
From reading through all of the responses (okay, not ALL of them, but most of them), the prevailing opinion seems to be "Meh, just tweak it and make it more like Reach". I can mostly agree with that.
Aimbot/bullet sponge enemies. I get making it "challenging", but when I get smoked without firing a shot, that's just lame. I honestly consider myself a pretty good halo player - not a beast or anything, but above average. Dying endlessly is just frustrating. These aren't Heroic-level enemies, they're Legendary, for sure. And there are freaking LOTS of them. And they don't miss (well, rarely, anyway).
HUGE respawn times (if I can sext with my wife while waiting to respawn, that's too long).

I'm not a 343 apologist, but I think it can be a fun way to waste time. A few tweaks and it'd be awesome.
Mythic Firefight Playlist - 6-8 lives only, 12 second respawn. Those who exceed life limit will spectate. 25-50% more rewards.
I like Halo 5's FF mode in small doses. Past 2-3 matches of it per day, it becomes very tedious for me. I do feel there's too many weight towards Promethean rounds, and some set ups seem illogically untested like the 'defend generator' on the other side of the island.

ODST was where it was at imo. Increasing difficulty, limited ammo, gametype specific maps and the setting (holding out on earth as a last stand) made it crazy exciting.
It's alright.... Enemy bullet sponges aside, its a fairly decent one to do if you just want a quick blast or you need a warm up.
Its ok, but ive always been a pvp kind of guy. It has its appeal when Im not having great matches against people though
i love warzone its really fun
It passes the time whilst you wait for the ban to be lifted for quitting an Arena game when you team was useless.
It's a broken mess. TheActMan did a video just showing all the different glitches it has, it's 40 minutes long. None of the maps are built for firefight, because creating new ones would require effort on 343's part (They had 8 months, they couldn't make a couple maps, or at the least, copy-paste maps that would've worked better?), respawn times are tedious and take away from the experience, bosses are bullet sponges that randomly regain their health for no reason and are tedious to kill. And the req system. This is yet another example of good idea, bad execution on 343's part. WZFF could've been fantastic, but nope it's just another failure and example of 343's utter incompetence and lack of respect for the franchise.
It truly is only good for farming, if I wasn't farming for Achilles I would be playing WZ FF constantly. Daddy needs to finish these reqs. Outside of that it is boring. Not hard to win when you have a decent team who will end using tanks, but I don't always want to use a tank.
If I have a good team it's really fun. It's great for XP and REQ points. But if I'm solo it can get pretty irritating because the AI are so OP.
Run5k wrote:
How many of you actually enjoy Warzone FF?
Yes, the group that I play with actually enjoys it.

Is it perfect? No, of course not. There are still a handful of things that stand out as needing improvements and/or adjustments, but as a whole we find enjoy the teamwork-oriented challenge.

That being said, your poll has a subtle bias against Warzone Firefight. Why isn't there an option to simply choose "I like it?" The choices jump from "alright" all the way up to "love" with nothing in between. Essentially, you provided us with one positive choice, two mediocre choices, and two negative choices. Not quite a balanced spectrum.
I considered adding more choices, however I didn't really see the point. I personally feel "it's alright" is the same as "I like it" which is why I didn't add that option. Saying "I like it" instead of "I love it" is basically the same as saying, "I don't love it, however I like it enough" which is the same as saying, "It's alright" at least in my book. As for my bias against Warzone FF, I'm on the "It's alright" train. In subtle negative bias you picked up was, admittedly, my fault for not adding an extra positive choice. I added the "Other" option for the reasons you describe: because it can be difficult to convey your full-on opinion with just a poll answer. But in the end, I am just a random person who made a random poll and at least it wasn't 343i who made this mistake.
The Sorge wrote:
It's a broken mess. TheActMan did a video just showing all the different glitches it has, it's 40 minutes long. None of the maps are built for firefight, because creating new ones would require effort on 343's part (They had 8 months, they couldn't make a couple maps, or at the least, copy-paste maps that would've worked better?), respawn times are tedious and take away from the experience, bosses are bullet sponges that randomly regain their health for no reason and are tedious to kill. And the req system. This is yet another example of good idea, bad execution on 343's part. WZFF could've been fantastic, but nope it's just another failure and example of 343's utter incompetence and lack of respect for the franchise.
I watched his video, and the fact that it was almost 40 minutes long is just... astounding. I find it embarrassing that a company like 343i is making this many mistakes and it makes me wonder if they just hired developers straight out of college. (I mean, looking at the way some of their developers look, it seems they might actually still be in college.) It just makes me sad that this had to happen to Halo of all franchises. Halo 5 is definitely not the worst game in the world, but in the franchise? My god. I also wonder if they even read their officially feedback thread for WZFF or if that's just there for looks.
Run5k wrote:
That being said, your poll has a subtle bias against Warzone Firefight. Why isn't there an option to simply choose "I like it?" The choices jump from "alright" all the way up to "love" with nothing in between. Essentially, you provided us with one positive choice, two mediocre choices, and two negative choices. Not quite a balanced spectrum.
I personally feel "it's alright" is the same as "I like it" which is why I didn't add that option.
I am rather confident that most people would disagree with that assessment. Saying that "it's alright" is much closer to saying "meh" than "I like it," and that is why the...
...negative bias you picked up was, admittedly, my fault for not adding an extra positive choice.
Of course you're right, it is just a random poll. However, it is difficult to even consider calling it a valid poll when it obviously has a negative bias built into the spectrum of choices.
Run5k wrote:
Run5k wrote:
I personally feel "it's alright" is the same as "I like it" which is why I didn't add that option.
I am rather confident that most people would disagree with that assessment. Saying that "it's alright" is much closer to saying "meh" than "I like it," and that is why the...
...negative bias you picked up was, admittedly, my fault for not adding an extra positive choice.
Of course you're right, it is just a random poll. However, it is difficult to even consider calling it a valid poll when it obviously has a negative bias built into the spectrum of choices.
I'm not most people though, I'm just myself. I already admitted that I made a mistake, so what do you want?

It's pretty ironic that you're even bringing this up considering a majority of people have only been sharing their opinions about the game itself, which was the main intention of making this poll. Nobody cares how "biased" or "valid" the poll is, they care about the video game.
I love it its just.... the respawn timer is....... really bad....
I like it. But I wish you could customize your voice like in Reach. Also throwing in three Warden Eternals at once on the last round is sooo annoying and difficult. Its litte when i go to do something real fast at the end of the 4th round, I get back and the bosses are spawning in. This is basically the conversation I have with who I'm playing with at that point.
Me: Last round?
Friend:Yep
Me: Three Wardens at once
Friend: Most Likely
Me: Bring it on.
Nobody cares how "biased" or "valid" the poll is...
Just because they didn't take the time to point it out to you doesn't mean that they didn't notice (or don't care).
i only like it for req points
It's my favorite firefight, the difficulty of it reminds me of the ODST one
I haven't played it in a while.
Rhyno 2187 wrote:
I love it its just.... the respawn timer is....... really bad....
Definitely.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9