Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

How many players still play Halo 5?

OP The Real Drone

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How many players are in a playlist at a given time? I struggle to find matches in matchmaking. I wonder how many people still play this game.
If this thread gets locked that means the game’s dead.
It varies per playlist. But I think your number selections are a little low.
Some playlists have more than others. The main slayer playlists I'm sure have way over 300. It's the niche playlists that suffer from a lower population.
Volize wrote:
It varies per playlist. But I think your number selections are a little low.
I don't think so. You have to remember that Halo 5 isn't on the top 35 for most played games anymore, and that a lot of people play customs rather than Matchmaking.

There's just no pull to play H5 and everyone realizes that. There's no skill gap, Warzone is Pay-to-win, and there's no reward for playing the game. Plus, the game is super old and the only content that gets renewed are boring playlists and changing btb to ranked.
Some playlists have more than others. The main slayer playlists I'm sure have way over 300. It's the niche playlists that suffer from a lower population.
H5 has a smaller population than Halo 4 did 3 years after it's release. Halo 4 had about 200 players per playlist on its main playlists, and had less than 20 on several other playlists. Btb and Slayer were the only two playlists that had 400+ players on it.
H5 has a smaller population than Halo 4 did 3 years after it's release. Halo 4 had about 200 players per playlist on its main playlists, and had less than 20 on several other playlists. Btb and Slayer were the only two playlists that had 400+ players on it.
Curiously, how do you know all this? You seem absolutely certain of the Halo 4 numbers and even more certain that Halo 5 numbers are less. Which is fine, but you also started this thread. So do you really know or are you just guessing? Halo 4 was bleeding players because no likes a bunch of random abilities and random drops and random perks. Halo 5 on the other hand avoids all that and I believe it is probably maintaining player even if in smaller numbers than Halo 4.
Curiously, how do you know all this? You seem absolutely certain of the Halo 4 numbers and even more certain that Halo 5 numbers are less. Which is fine, but you also started this thread. So do you really know or are you just guessing? Halo 4 was bleeding players because no likes a bunch of random abilities and random drops and random perks. Halo 5 on the other hand avoids all that and I believe it is probably maintaining player even if in smaller numbers than Halo 4.
Well if you compare the player counts in the games that are played as often as Halo 5, you can the approximate amount of people that play in each Halo 5 playlist.

Remember, the question I was asking was
How many players do you think still play H5?

I doubt the real population of Halo 5 would ever be released to the public. All we can do is speculate and make guesses.
Well if you compare the player counts in the games that are played as often as Halo 5, you can the approximate amount of people that play in each Halo 5 playlist.

I doubt the real population of Halo 5 would ever be released to the public. All we can do is speculate and make guesses.
I struggle to find matches in some smaller playlists when I play at non-peak hours for my region, but I've never failed to find matches in larger playlists (e.g. WZFF, WZ, Super Fiesta, Husky Raid). I've also definitely encountered well over 300 people playing across multiple playlists in a single session.

Yes, some playlists will have fewer than 50 at certain times of the day, but most underperforming playlists get rotated out or are speciality modes with more cult followings. The average playlist size I'm willing to bet is well over 300.
MorseyBaby wrote:

I struggle to find matches in some smaller playlists when I play at non-peak hours for my region, but I've never failed to find matches in larger playlists (e.g. WZFF, WZ, Super Fiesta, Husky Raid). I've also definitely encountered well over 300 people playing across multiple playlists in a single session.

Yes, some playlists will have fewer than 50 at certain times of the day, but most underperforming playlists get rotated out or are speciality modes with more cult followings. The average playlist size I'm willing to bet is well over 300.
Well considering that customs browser has an average of 400-650 members at any given time, I'd assume that Matchmaking Playlists are somewhere in the 50-100 range maximum. Sure, Warzone / BTB / Slayer might have a few hundred, but I doubt more than 30 people are playing Roaming King at any given time.
I still play Halo 5, but just campaign now, because Multiplayer requires an active Gold account.
Need to reword the answers bc the low population playlist could be low and the decent populated playlists are way of 300 pple, depending on the region / or your internet connection...
MorseyBaby wrote:

Well considering that customs browser has an average of 400-650 members at any given time, I'd assume that Matchmaking Playlists are somewhere in the 50-100 range maximum. Sure, Warzone / BTB / Slayer might have a few hundred, but I doubt more than 30 people are playing Roaming King at any given time.
And you have all this empirical evidence, how? I've played roaming king for relatively small sessions (max 5 games) but I don't remember a single session where I matched with the same player more than once.... so 7x5 =35, plus me =36 as an absolute baseline and that's not taking into account the fact thay many of those I previously matched with would have kept playing and there would have been other players I never matched with playing at the same time.

So in a tiny sample size from my own experiences I can immediately debunk your less than 30 claim.

I think you're overstating the relative size of customs to the rest of the population
It takes a while for me to get a game in social or ranked, but firefight I get in games faster
It takes a while for me to get a game in social or ranked, but firefight I get in games faster
Are you playing at peak times for your region though?
Halo 5 is pretty much all I play
It depends on the playlist. There's some I can find games almost immediately and some I have to wait for a couple minutes.
100-150. Not sure tbh
Do you have proof? I can look at this and tell that its wrong. First of all I'm pretty sure in Halo 4 it just threw you in a random match and everyone's skill level was different (it sure felt that way). In Halo 5 you're restricted to playing others at your same rank. No platinum should match bronze players. From my experience even with these restrictions I rarely match the same player 3 times in one day. Imagine if Halo 5 was like 4 and you just matched with a bunch of random players. You would never play the same player twice, so I can confidently say That there are 400+ in all ranked playlists.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

And you have all this empirical evidence, how? I've played roaming king for relatively small sessions (max 5 games) but I don't remember a single session where I matched with the same player more than once.... so 7x5 =35, plus me =36 as an absolute baseline and that's not taking into account the fact thay many of those I previously matched with would have kept playing and there would have been other players I never matched with playing at the same time.

So in a tiny sample size from my own experiences I can immediately debunk your less than 30 claim.

I think you're overstating the relative size of customs to the rest of the population
Roaming King was a featured playlist lol, it should be one of the biggest.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2