Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

How will you purchase halo 6?

OP seaguard500

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 30
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
Say your words to 343 if you want. I still love Halo and I will pre-oder every single new Halo game for years. It's only when they utterly -Yoink- up and destroy Halo that I stop buying the games.
if you feel that way then good for you. Might I ask how they could utterly yoink up though? Was campaign not bad enough for you?
How have they not xxxxxx it up?
You have an opinion and I have one as well. There's no point trying to explain to you why I feel they haven't utterly -Yoinked!- up Halo yet. It would help nothing, you would just reply with your own opinion (probably something completely opposite to what I said) and then we'd have a standstill. Not going there.
Yea im not sure he understands what an opinion is....
That's a major problem on these forums. People instantly get defensive and try to defend their opinion only because someone disagrees with them. Just accept that someone might like something which you utterly hate. Just accept that and don't try to force other people into convincing why their opinion is valid or not. It's an opinion after all, there doesn't need to be any proving whatsoever.
iam not buying it or buy on a 75% off sale if the campain has random matchmaking and got good feedback well i guess they focus on pvp more 4 MLG so no, i love coop pve games with random matchmaking and a story i reather buy a Halo Reach 2 with blue team story then fight against robots again and i guess the forrunners war against the flood would sell better in 2 halo games than a fight against big guardians and a cortana to save or kill well if they dont aim for the story i dont buy any halo pvp in h5 is to much cod 4 meh really i dont like stressfull quick pvp i hope 343i fix TMCC and add random matchmaking to all pve gamemodes and fix Halo Reach B/C too still broken games 4 me
Probably not.... I still have the last two levels of campaign to finish off and I really have zero ambition or desire to do so - it is boring. All other versions of Halo I had the campaign done in the first week and couldn't wait to get to the next level. To me it will come down to what type of Firefight they have included on Day One. I don't mind WZFF but if Halo 6 FF resembles Halo 5 and does not capture either ODST or Reach variations of FF then my Halo career ends at 5.
I don't have much of a choice in the end. There's no game shops near me so I have to order them. And I'm gonna buy every single new Halo game anyways until they utterly -Yoink- it up. So regardless of what 343 gives us, I'm going to buy it anyway. So why shouldn't I pre-order it? What does it even change if I order it after launch? I want to play the new Halo games as soon as possible so that's one of the reasons why I pre-order.
regardless of the rest of the thread. i do think it makes a difference if you pre-order or buy on day 1

if you pre-order companies (not talking about anyone specific) already get your money before they finish the product.
if for example a company has very few pre orders they have to make the game great, so the reviews are good and people will buy it afterwards. also, if it's a sequel to anything (like it is the case with halo), they will know, that the predecessor wasn't liked that much.
if a game has a lot of pre-orders they could put less effort (or less content and keep it for DLC) in making the game, because they already got what they want. they can also get away more easily with implementing a really bad pay2win system.

ok, granted, these are very theoretical and maybe extreme examples, but i hope you get what i mean. so i think it's a smaller form of protest too, to not preorder but buy on day one. (i also get that 1 person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start)

i'm not saying you should or shouldn't preorder the game, i'm just saying, that i think it makes a difference. (even if it's just a small one)
,I'm going to buy in store bc I preordered halo 5 and well to say the least it wasn't the best game.
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
If the game will launch complete (I.E. All game modes) I'll pick it up, if not I'll likely wait a bit.
So you will trust them even though they lied to us with their deceptive marketing for 5?
Again, if the game launches complete. I will pick it up. The story and the missing game modes and playlists have been my biggest complaint when it comes to Halo 5. I don't recall people claiming we should boycott reach after Halo 3's deceptive ad campaign? Why is it different now?
How was Halo 3's as campeign HALF as deceptive as 5's??
Fo you remember the 'Believe' ad campaign? With the museum an diorama and stuff? It made it seem like the game was gonna have a climax on Earth, and that the earth battle would be way more epic and large scale than depicted in the game. Oh, and it said MC died on Earth, which never happened. So it was just as 'deceptive' as H5's if not more. People just overlook it now cuz Halo 5 is the thing to hate on and we have to have reasons dangit!

BTW thank you for your extremely not-bias poll. I can tell it isn't working out like you wanted cuz most people are saying they will still preorder...
Well I believe that MC actually moves at the end so not dead. also battle did take place and was epic. Sooooo, just, kinda destroyed your statement there. Not at All as deceptive, if at all actually.

Maybe not the whole game but would you have seriously preferred it that way? We wouldn't have even got to see the ark!

Also you're very welcome. I can tell you appreciate it. Yeah, well I want people to be honest and they are I'm sure and that's good.
What, you were looking for me to regret creating this? No regret here.
In one of the trailers the interviewer asked "Where is MC buried?" Also, absolutely none of what was described to have happened in the trailers actually happened in the game. The battle for earth didn't have any of the large scale battles shown or described. Also, remember the super epic Chief bubble shield trailer? Also never happened.

The point im making is that the trailers were completely unrepresentative of what we have in the game. People just overlook it now cuz nostalgia. H3 got hate in its time. Fact. And now because Halo 5 is out and lots of people are unsatisfied, we have to look for reasons to hate on it. Even if it means ignoring those same things about prior halo games. So you didn't like H5's campaign? Fine. Give your reasons. But the "unrepresentative of ads" is a stupid one, as several Halo games have been. I personally enjoy the campaign, but I recognize it has its flaws. Maybe i like it cuz I didn't see any of the ads until after I played through the game. I dunno. But if you think that saying the ads are the reason the campaign sucked then you're wrong. H3 could've been even more epic than it was if it followed the ads. But it didn't. And it was fine.
I don't know if you take games 100% for what their ads will be. If so I am surprised you enjoy anything at all. No ads for any game depict it 100%. It is the idea of the game, the general jest of what happens. So looking at how that resembles games still think H3 wins by a mile compared to 5. Would you like to talk about how the funeral in the ODST commercial didn't happen in game too? No because that would have been silly? Ok then. Point proven.

Now there are SO many reasons the campeign is utter garbage and someone has already gone through it all and his name is the act man and I'll post the URL (on mobile) to his channel if you haven't seen his videos.
Thank you for completely proving my point! You don't need o take the ads completely into account! Halo 3's campaign isn't better than 5 because it stayed truer to the ads, it is better simply because it is better. Better story, level design, and gameplay. Simple. That's it. You completely proved my point that you are being hypocritical by pointing at the H5 ad campaign for why you hate it. Thank you for sort of giving me some legitimate reason as to why you dislike it (even if it someone else's reasoning). Cuz like I said in my last post, the ad campaign is a stupid reason.

No need to link. I've skimmed a couple of his analysis. I like H5's campaign and I don't need someone else to tell me why I shouldn't like it.
Well if you like that stuff that is objectively bad then I guess that's just your taste. I can't knock you for that but he does objectively (beyond doubt) that campeign story is flawed.
is that all you can do? Tell people their opinion is wrong? That's pretty much all I've seen you do on this thread... The campaign being bad is a matter of opinion. I recognize it has its flaws, heck I just admitted 3 had a better campaign. But the campaign being bad is opinion, it may be a popular one, but it is still an opinion.
No, actually. Cite examples, otherwise (and factually) is Completly unfounded and wrong actually. There are things that that story simply did not accomplish and things that it simply did not flesh out nearly as well as they could. That is objectively (fact, not oppinion) bad and could have been better. So if that (being wrong) is all you can do instead of having a real conversation then I don't know what to say past this other than some things in a story can actually be right or wrong. You clearly have not taken a creative writing class. Or gotten a degree in English. Neither have I but you, nor I can say everything is subjective because we would both be wrong.
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
Say your words to 343 if you want. I still love Halo and I will pre-oder every single new Halo game for years. It's only when they utterly -Yoink- up and destroy Halo that I stop buying the games.
if you feel that way then good for you. Might I ask how they could utterly yoink up though? Was campaign not bad enough for you?
How have they not xxxxxx it up?
You have an opinion and I have one as well. There's no point trying to explain to you why I feel they haven't utterly -Yoinked!- up Halo yet. It would help nothing, you would just reply with your own opinion (probably something completely opposite to what I said) and then we'd have a standstill. Not going there.
Yea im not sure he understands what an opinion is....
I understand it Completly. What I don't understand is how you can believe that. If you would like to explain what you like then that's great. If not then I will remain stunned.
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
If the game will launch complete (I.E. All game modes) I'll pick it up, if not I'll likely wait a bit.
So you will trust them even though they lied to us with their deceptive marketing for 5?
Again, if the game launches complete. I will pick it up. The story and the missing game modes and playlists have been my biggest complaint when it comes to Halo 5. I don't recall people claiming we should boycott reach after Halo 3's deceptive ad campaign? Why is it different now?
How was Halo 3's as campeign HALF as deceptive as 5's??
the belive trailer aaannnddd.....DYNAMIXX BE QUIET
No please, I would love to hear and refute your reasons. Please elaborate
Really....? Do you need to go through it again...?
What exactly? I believe this is our first conversation here.
I have and always will buy the legendary physical copy of each halo game :)
Even if 343i makes it?
Everyone have their own opinions man. Some people like Bungie's Halo and some people like 343's Halo. Some people like me and mr. Oremust probably like both. Bungie has made mistakes, 343 has made a lot more mistakes, but they are still creating Halo games that have something solid in them. Untill they utterly -Yoink- Halo up, I won't stop buying the games.
So campeign wasn't an utter yoink-up to you?
The campaign of Halo 5 surely pushed my limits. But because I enjoy playing Halo 5's multiplayer so much, (have done so since launch and I still play the game almost every day), the whole game is not -Yoinked!- up for me at least. Halo 4 had great campaign but bad multiplayer. Halo 5 had bad campaign but great multiplayer. And because of that, I give both of those games the all clear. They are neither -Yoinked!- up games as a whole. This is just my opinion though, but I hope you get my meaning.
I do. If you believe that then good for you I guess
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
Say your words to 343 if you want. I still love Halo and I will pre-oder every single new Halo game for years. It's only when they utterly -Yoink- up and destroy Halo that I stop buying the games.
if you feel that way then good for you. Might I ask how they could utterly yoink up though? Was campaign not bad enough for you?
How have they not xxxxxx it up?
You have an opinion and I have one as well. There's no point trying to explain to you why I feel they haven't utterly -Yoinked!- up Halo yet. It would help nothing, you would just reply with your own opinion (probably something completely opposite to what I said) and then we'd have a standstill. Not going there.
Yea im not sure he understands what an opinion is....
That's a major problem on these forums. People instantly get defensive and try to defend their opinion only because someone disagrees with them. Just accept that someone might like something which you utterly hate. Just accept that and don't try to force other people into convincing why their opinion is valid or not. It's an opinion after all, there doesn't need to be any proving whatsoever.
We do actually understand. We just can't fathom how you think what you do. Why don't you tell us? Why don't you explain your oppinions so we can try to understand. Oh wait? That's another problem on these forums. Most people can't have Intelegent conversations because they get caught up on the fact that oppinions differ. Get over it, not everyone will agree with you but if you explain your oppinion then at least the other side will understand.
I will make my coice to buy or not after it gets an angry joe review
WSerg wrote:
I don't have much of a choice in the end. There's no game shops near me so I have to order them. And I'm gonna buy every single new Halo game anyways until they utterly -Yoink- it up. So regardless of what 343 gives us, I'm going to buy it anyway. So why shouldn't I pre-order it? What does it even change if I order it after launch? I want to play the new Halo games as soon as possible so that's one of the reasons why I pre-order.
regardless of the rest of the thread. i do think it makes a difference if you pre-order or buy on day 1

if you pre-order companies (not talking about anyone specific) already get your money before they finish the product.
if for example a company has very few pre orders they have to make the game great, so the reviews are good and people will buy it afterwards. also, if it's a sequel to anything (like it is the case with halo), they will know, that the predecessor wasn't liked that much.
if a game has a lot of pre-orders they could put less effort (or less content and keep it for DLC) in making the game, because they already got what they want. they can also get away more easily with implementing a really bad pay2win system.

ok, granted, these are very theoretical and maybe extreme examples, but i hope you get what i mean. so i think it's a smaller form of protest too, to not preorder but buy on day one. (i also get that 1 person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start)

i'm not saying you should or shouldn't preorder the game, i'm just saying, that i think it makes a difference. (even if it's just a small one)
Why are you not advocating buying used. Is way more effective at sending message.
WSerg wrote:
I don't have much of a choice in the end. There's no game shops near me so I have to order them. And I'm gonna buy every single new Halo game anyways until they utterly -Yoink- it up. So regardless of what 343 gives us, I'm going to buy it anyway. So why shouldn't I pre-order it? What does it even change if I order it after launch? I want to play the new Halo games as soon as possible so that's one of the reasons why I pre-order.
regardless of the rest of the thread. i do think it makes a difference if you pre-order or buy on day 1

if you pre-order companies (not talking about anyone specific) already get your money before they finish the product.
if for example a company has very few pre orders they have to make the game great, so the reviews are good and people will buy it afterwards. also, if it's a sequel to anything (like it is the case with halo), they will know, that the predecessor wasn't liked that much.
if a game has a lot of pre-orders they could put less effort (or less content and keep it for DLC) in making the game, because they already got what they want. they can also get away more easily with implementing a really bad pay2win system.

ok, granted, these are very theoretical and maybe extreme examples, but i hope you get what i mean. so i think it's a smaller form of protest too, to not preorder but buy on day one. (i also get that 1 person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start)

i'm not saying you should or shouldn't preorder the game, i'm just saying, that i think it makes a difference. (even if it's just a small one)
That is correct and also isn't at the same time. People who pre-order year before release may alter the development of the game. But people like me who pre-order 2-4 weeks before launch don't really affect the development at all.

I should have written my thoughts down differently previously, because I know very well what you wrote down. I just forgot to mention that I do know that pre-ordering can have an effect, and that I only pre-order close enough to launch to avoid having any negative results.

It is still very far fetched in my opinion that the amount of really early pre-orders would significantly change the game. I don't believe in that, unless it's EA we are talking about in particular.
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
If the game will launch complete (I.E. All game modes) I'll pick it up, if not I'll likely wait a bit.
So you will trust them even though they lied to us with their deceptive marketing for 5?
Again, if the game launches complete. I will pick it up. The story and the missing game modes and playlists have been my biggest complaint when it comes to Halo 5. I don't recall people claiming we should boycott reach after Halo 3's deceptive ad campaign? Why is it different now?
How was Halo 3's as campeign HALF as deceptive as 5's??
the belive trailer aaannnddd.....DYNAMIXX BE QUIET
No please, I would love to hear and refute your reasons. Please elaborate
Really....? Do you need to go through it again...?
What exactly? I believe this is our first conversation here.
You're asking him to explain what has already been explained....
WSerg wrote:
I don't have much of a choice in the end. There's no game shops near me so I have to order them. And I'm gonna buy every single new Halo game anyways until they utterly -Yoink- it up. So regardless of what 343 gives us, I'm going to buy it anyway. So why shouldn't I pre-order it? What does it even change if I order it after launch? I want to play the new Halo games as soon as possible so that's one of the reasons why I pre-order.
regardless of the rest of the thread. i do think it makes a difference if you pre-order or buy on day 1
if you pre-order companies (not talking about anyone specific) already get your money before they finish the product.
if for example a company has very few pre orders they have to make the game great, so the reviews are good and people will buy it afterwards. also, if it's a sequel to anything (like it is the case with halo), they will know, that the predecessor wasn't liked that much.
if a game has a lot of pre-orders they could put less effort (or less content and keep it for DLC) in making the game, because they already got what they want. they can also get away more easily with implementing a really bad pay2win system.
ok, granted, these are very theoretical and maybe extreme examples, but i hope you get what i mean. so i think it's a smaller form of protest too, to not preorder but buy on day one. (i also get that 1 person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start)
i'm not saying you should or shouldn't preorder the game, i'm just saying, that i think it makes a difference. (even if it's just a small one)
Why are you not advocating buying used. Is way more effective at sending message.
i am buying used (you already quoted me on my post that i'll buy used earlier in this thread ;) ... but i know that its difficult to keep an overview in a crowded thread :) )
i just tried to lay out, that i think if you buy anyway (if used isn't an option and on day 1 it hardly is), that buying on day one makes a difference to pre-order (even if it's just a small difference)
the post was just about pre-order or day 1
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
If the game will launch complete (I.E. All game modes) I'll pick it up, if not I'll likely wait a bit.
So you will trust them even though they lied to us with their deceptive marketing for 5?
Again, if the game launches complete. I will pick it up. The story and the missing game modes and playlists have been my biggest complaint when it comes to Halo 5. I don't recall people claiming we should boycott reach after Halo 3's deceptive ad campaign? Why is it different now?
How was Halo 3's as campeign HALF as deceptive as 5's??
Fo you remember the 'Believe' ad campaign? With the museum an diorama and stuff? It made it seem like the game was gonna have a climax on Earth, and that the earth battle would be way more epic and large scale than depicted in the game. Oh, and it said MC died on Earth, which never happened. So it was just as 'deceptive' as H5's if not more. People just overlook it now cuz Halo 5 is the thing to hate on and we have to have reasons dangit!

BTW thank you for your extremely not-bias poll. I can tell it isn't working out like you wanted cuz most people are saying they will still preorder...
Well I believe that MC actually moves at the end so not dead. also battle did take place and was epic. Sooooo, just, kinda destroyed your statement there. Not at All as deceptive, if at all actually.

Maybe not the whole game but would you have seriously preferred it that way? We wouldn't have even got to see the ark!

Also you're very welcome. I can tell you appreciate it. Yeah, well I want people to be honest and they are I'm sure and that's good.
What, you were looking for me to regret creating this? No regret here.
In one of the trailers the interviewer asked "Where is MC buried?" Also, absolutely none of what was described to have happened in the trailers actually happened in the game. The battle for earth didn't have any of the large scale battles shown or described. Also, remember the super epic Chief bubble shield trailer? Also never happened.

The point im making is that the trailers were completely unrepresentative of what we have in the game. People just overlook it now cuz nostalgia. H3 got hate in its time. Fact. And now because Halo 5 is out and lots of people are unsatisfied, we have to look for reasons to hate on it. Even if it means ignoring those same things about prior halo games. So you didn't like H5's campaign? Fine. Give your reasons. But the "unrepresentative of ads" is a stupid one, as several Halo games have been. I personally enjoy the campaign, but I recognize it has its flaws. Maybe i like it cuz I didn't see any of the ads until after I played through the game. I dunno. But if you think that saying the ads are the reason the campaign sucked then you're wrong. H3 could've been even more epic than it was if it followed the ads. But it didn't. And it was fine.
I don't know if you take games 100% for what their ads will be. If so I am surprised you enjoy anything at all. No ads for any game depict it 100%. It is the idea of the game, the general jest of what happens. So looking at how that resembles games still think H3 wins by a mile compared to 5. Would you like to talk about how the funeral in the ODST commercial didn't happen in game too? No because that would have been silly? Ok then. Point proven.

Now there are SO many reasons the campeign is utter garbage and someone has already gone through it all and his name is the act man and I'll post the URL (on mobile) to his channel if you haven't seen his videos.
Thank you for completely proving my point! You don't need o take the ads completely into account! Halo 3's campaign isn't better than 5 because it stayed truer to the ads, it is better simply because it is better. Better story, level design, and gameplay. Simple. That's it. You completely proved my point that you are being hypocritical by pointing at the H5 ad campaign for why you hate it. Thank you for sort of giving me some legitimate reason as to why you dislike it (even if it someone else's reasoning). Cuz like I said in my last post, the ad campaign is a stupid reason.

No need to link. I've skimmed a couple of his analysis. I like H5's campaign and I don't need someone else to tell me why I shouldn't like it.
Well if you like that stuff that is objectively bad then I guess that's just your taste. I can't knock you for that but he does objectively (beyond doubt) that campeign story is flawed.
is that all you can do? Tell people their opinion is wrong? That's pretty much all I've seen you do on this thread... The campaign being bad is a matter of opinion. I recognize it has its flaws, heck I just admitted 3 had a better campaign. But the campaign being bad is opinion, it may be a popular one, but it is still an opinion.
No, actually. Cite examples, otherwise (and factually) is Completly unfounded and wrong actually. There are things that that story simply did not accomplish and things that it simply did not flesh out nearly as well as they could. That is objectively (fact, not oppinion) bad and could have been better. So if that (being wrong) is all you can do instead of having a real conversation then I don't know what to say past this other than some things in a story can actually be right or wrong. You clearly have not taken a creative writing class. Or gotten a degree in English. Neither have I but you, nor I can say everything is subjective because we would both be wrong.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about, though you like to think you do. It is entirely subjective whether or not something is likeable.

Also I have no reason o cite examples as you have not cited one that isn't subjective. The Act Man is not an objective (or necessarily credible) source.

Also if 'they could've fleshed things out more so that makes it bad' is your reasoning, then not only is every Halo game bad by that logic, then so is 99% of fiction stories!
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
Say your words to 343 if you want. I still love Halo and I will pre-oder every single new Halo game for years. It's only when they utterly -Yoink- up and destroy Halo that I stop buying the games.
if you feel that way then good for you. Might I ask how they could utterly yoink up though? Was campaign not bad enough for you?
How have they not xxxxxx it up?
You have an opinion and I have one as well. There's no point trying to explain to you why I feel they haven't utterly -Yoinked!- up Halo yet. It would help nothing, you would just reply with your own opinion (probably something completely opposite to what I said) and then we'd have a standstill. Not going there.
Yea im not sure he understands what an opinion is....
I understand it Completly. What I don't understand is how you can believe that. If you would like to explain what you like then that's great. If not then I will remain stunned.
Oh come on... Like that would change anything. You would simply disagree with most, if not all, of what he or I has to say. Just like he mentions. Which gets nowhere....
I am curious as to how everyone will purchase the game. The only way to send a message is either not buy the game at all or get it used. That says to the dev and publisher "we don't like your business practices or what you are doing with the games please stop and do better thank you.".
If the game will launch complete (I.E. All game modes) I'll pick it up, if not I'll likely wait a bit.
So you will trust them even though they lied to us with their deceptive marketing for 5?
Again, if the game launches complete. I will pick it up. The story and the missing game modes and playlists have been my biggest complaint when it comes to Halo 5. I don't recall people claiming we should boycott reach after Halo 3's deceptive ad campaign? Why is it different now?
How was Halo 3's as campeign HALF as deceptive as 5's??
the belive trailer aaannnddd.....DYNAMIXX BE QUIET
No please, I would love to hear and refute your reasons. Please elaborate
Really....? Do you need to go through it again...?
What exactly? I believe this is our first conversation here.
You're asking him to explain what has already been explained....
Then just reference what it is darn it. I'm not a psychic
WSerg wrote:
[...]
regardless of the rest of the thread. i do think it makes a difference if you pre-order or buy on day 1

if you pre-order companies (not talking about anyone specific) already get your money before they finish the product.
if for example a company has very few pre orders they have to make the game great, so the reviews are good and people will buy it afterwards. also, if it's a sequel to anything (like it is the case with halo), they will know, that the predecessor wasn't liked that much.
if a game has a lot of pre-orders they could put less effort (or less content and keep it for DLC) in making the game, because they already got what they want. they can also get away more easily with implementing a really bad pay2win system.

ok, granted, these are very theoretical and maybe extreme examples, but i hope you get what i mean. so i think it's a smaller form of protest too, to not preorder but buy on day one. (i also get that 1 person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start)

i'm not saying you should or shouldn't preorder the game, i'm just saying, that i think it makes a difference. (even if it's just a small one)
That is correct and also isn't at the same time. People who pre-order year before release may alter the development of the game. But people like me who pre-order 2-4 weeks before launch don't really affect the development at all.

I should have written my thoughts down differently previously, because I know very well what you wrote down. I just forgot to mention that I do know that pre-ordering can have an effect, and that I only pre-order close enough to launch to avoid having any negative results.

It is still very far fetched in my opinion that the amount of really early pre-orders would significantly change the game. I don't believe in that, unless it's EA we are talking about in particular.
yeah, i know that my post is far fetched and that it's very theoretical. i also don't know how much it can really effect the development, but i do believe that it can at least make companies nervous.
but i do think it has to have some kind of effect, because so many companies try to get you to pre order with some pre order bonuses
and i also think there are possibilities when a big part of the community refuses to pre order and call companies out on bad stuff like it happend with deus ex (the hybrid pre order / kickstarter level campaign ... wish that would have happend with h5s microtransactions)
WSerg wrote:
I don't have much of a choice in the end. There's no game shops near me so I have to order them. And I'm gonna buy every single new Halo game anyways until they utterly -Yoink- it up. So regardless of what 343 gives us, I'm going to buy it anyway. So why shouldn't I pre-order it? What does it even change if I order it after launch? I want to play the new Halo games as soon as possible so that's one of the reasons why I pre-order.
regardless of the rest of the thread. i do think it makes a difference if you pre-order or buy on day 1

if you pre-order companies (not talking about anyone specific) already get your money before they finish the product.
if for example a company has very few pre orders they have to make the game great, so the reviews are good and people will buy it afterwards. also, if it's a sequel to anything (like it is the case with halo), they will know, that the predecessor wasn't liked that much.
if a game has a lot of pre-orders they could put less effort (or less content and keep it for DLC) in making the game, because they already got what they want. they can also get away more easily with implementing a really bad pay2win system.

ok, granted, these are very theoretical and maybe extreme examples, but i hope you get what i mean. so i think it's a smaller form of protest too, to not preorder but buy on day one. (i also get that 1 person doesn't make a difference, but it's a start)

i'm not saying you should or shouldn't preorder the game, i'm just saying, that i think it makes a difference. (even if it's just a small one)
That is correct and also isn't at the same time. People who pre-order year before release may alter the development of the game. But people like me who pre-order 2-4 weeks before launch don't really affect the development at all.

I should have written my thoughts down differently previously, because I know very well what you wrote down. I just forgot to mention that I do know that pre-ordering can have an effect, and that I only pre-order close enough to launch to avoid having any negative results.

It is still very far fetched in my opinion that the amount of really early pre-orders would significantly change the game. I don't believe in that, unless it's EA we are talking about in particular.
What I am talking about is the next game after 6 (7, or something). If they see little to no pre-orders for 6 then they will change 7. Obviously I'm not talking about 6, that has already been decided by 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 30