Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

If Chief kills Cortana in Halo 6

OP Zak Ras 32

I really hope 343 realizes how stupid this is and writes the next game so the it was the Didact all along. But if they truly do confirm that it's her... then I'll gladly kill that thing because it's not her; the Cortana I knew and loved died in Halo 4.
Honestly? Whatever. Cortana should not have come back, and I really don't care anymore. Whether she lives or dies, the story is ruined and I doubt that they can fix it. Cortana can turn into the saviour of the galaxy or destroy it all, for all I care.
H5 cortana isn't the cortana I knew from anything previous. You -Yoinked!- up my favorite character in the halo franchise 343, gg.
SpitFlame wrote:
I really hope 343 realizes how stupid this is and writes the next game so the it was the Didact all along. But if they truly do confirm that it's her... then I'll gladly kill that thing because it's not her; the Cortana I knew and loved died in Halo 4.
Pls no, they may have the same general goal and quotes, but their actions don't make sense at all to be the Didact's.

Don't ruin the didact in some weird attempt to save cortana.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Honestly? Whatever. Cortana should not have come back, and I really don't care anymore. Whether she lives or dies, the story is ruined and I doubt that they can fix it. Cortana can turn into the saviour of the galaxy or destroy it all, for all I care.
Pretty much sums it up for me.
SpitFlame wrote:
Pls no, they may have the same general goal and quotes, but their actions don't make sense at all to be the Didact's.

Either they do it, which is more plausible than not, or the Didact remains dead in a comic book and Cortana turns into space Hitler.

I think the Didact could be written better post-Halo 4, but what else can we really do?
My reaction?

"Meh who cares, they'll bring her back in halo 8"
SpitFlame wrote:

They already ruined the didact in escalation
343/Brian Reed already ruined whatever story they were trying to go for, and ultimately made every action done by Cortana useless, in the previous games. With that in mind, I could care less about how everything will unfold in Halo 6. I am however, curious to see how 343 will try to dig themselves out of the steaming -Yoink- that was Halo 5's story.
I'll probably be kind of sad. Although, I find it more likely Cortana finally sees what she's doing, and teams up with Osiris and Blue Team against the Warden Eternals thousands of bodies, or whatever he is.
GuicyG55 wrote:
I'll probably be kind of sad. Although, I find it more likely Cortana finally sees what she's doing, and teams up with Osiris and Blue Team against the Warden Eternals thousands of bodies, or whatever he is.
She's already proven she can defeat his thousands of bodies.
343 had their emotional moment regarding Cortana's death and they spent it with Halo 4. Anything they pull now will be a good riddance if Cortana finally gets to rest in peace and cease being nothing more than a hype generating object for future Halo games just because Cortana is evil now. I'm not expecting anything more complex than that.
I CURSE YOU FOR PUTTING THIS THOUGHT INTO MY HEAD.
But...

What if they capture Cortana and turn her back into an AI, we gonna have her for 7 more years.

Microsoft won't want to kill off their assistant just yet.
I cant see them killing off Cortana in the game but I can see Cortana becoming human like in the next two halo games. but if they had to kill off Cortana I think it should be MC doing it.
SpitFlame wrote:
SpitFlame wrote:

Either they do it, which is more plausible than not, or the Didact remains dead in a comic book and Cortana turns into space Hitler.

I think the Didact could be written better post-Halo 4, but what else can we really do?
Thanks to that, I have to laugh so hard that my teacher kick me out of the lesson... But its really funny xD