OP xXJOKERXxViruZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

Is Halo making a comeback?

Make Your Selection:

After Halo: Reach, Halo has been going downhill in video games ever since. I lost motivation in playing the future Halo games that I went to the old games instead and played them. In 2017 or 2018, I was hyped when 343i announced that they're partnering with MLG in their HaloWC events. Later on, they confirmed that MCC was getting fixed. After that, ElDewrito blew up and attracted old fans and popular streamers (e.g. Summit1G), but ended in 4 days due to DMCA and shutting down further development (not the game). Later, Halo: Infinite was announced. My question is if you guys think Halo is making a comeback?
Mmm if any thing this is the time halo is doing the exact opposite. It has for a few years now.
I don't know if it is necessarily making a comeback at this very moment, but I think it will with Infinite. I think 343 needs to promote TMCC hard. It's amazing to see all the people coming back to play it. Get that population going strong again. And how could they achieve all this? By developing new maps for Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4! How cool would that be to jump into TMCC and have new multiplayer maps to compete on, for games that are forever old? I know i'm dreaming, but it would be really awesome. H2A especially needs more maps in the rotation. Heck, omit Halo 4 and just focus on H2A and H3. I'd love some HCE maps, but that seems more far-fetched.
I don't know if it is necessarily making a comeback at this very moment, but I think it will with Infinite. I think 343 needs to promote TMCC hard. It's amazing to see all the people coming back to play it. Get that population going strong again. And how could they achieve all this? By developing new maps for Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4! How cool would that be to jump into TMCC and have new multiplayer maps to compete on, for games that are forever old? I know i'm dreaming, but it would be really awesome. H2A especially needs more maps in the rotation. Heck, omit Halo 4 and just focus on H2A and H3. I'd love some HCE maps, but that seems more far-fetched.
I hope it will with Infinite as well! We'll see, I don't know if they have the resources to build the platform for Infinite, Infinite itself, and continue to generate so much new content for MCC. It certainly is a challenge I hope they can surmount.
I say no because I don’t think it was ever gone in the first place
Yes in the sense that, at least for me, HW2 was leaps and bounds better than H5. A show is supposedly coming out on Showtime as well (barring any more set backs).
I voted yes, but I do agree with you from an extended universe perspective. The books and other content have been amazing imo and have kept the story alive while 343 works on the next game. Envoy, Legacy of Onyx, and Bad Blood have been excellent ancillary material to read and seem to be setting up even more books and other content that takes place between H5 and HI.
I'm going to say yes, but that's a yes when Halo Infinite comes around. Regardless I love the Halo Universe and will play on as long as it likely is around for.
I hope! If not, I'm just going to stick with my second favorite all-time game...Fallout 1-76
I don't care if the game isn't making a comeback i'll be a halo fan to the very end!
There is definitely some momentum picking up. I really hope 343 makes the right decisions to capitalize on it.
unless halo infinite reverts to classic style it will continue to fail
Halo is definitely making a comeback with things such as Halo Infinite, Halo Outpost Discovery, MCC with Reach added, MCC on PC, etc.
And I am beyond stoked that it is. Of course it's comin' back!
I mean it's perception is definitely getting better slowly. To make a "come back" though, Infinite needs to be a hit. Fixing MCC and bringing it to PC is great but those are old games, they're also gonna need the new to bring it back to the spotlight.
I'm getting way too hyped for infinite for my own good.
lets hope so
I think it's a possibility but im not certain if it's likely. I hope so but im also sceptical about it, no one (hopefully) hopes for a bad game.

We have seen too little about Infinite to say anything certain but what little we have seen has been promising. And that is first time since Halo Reach, really, though HW2 leaks also contained some positivity but this is just something that I haven't seen from 343i before.

"Now, at last, the masks had fallen away. The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed. Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me: More powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me. The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion - Hope."

Spoiler:
Show
I'd really hope so. Halo is great. Maybe this is the push it needs to get back on its feet.
vulture111 wrote:
Mmm if any thing this is the time halo is doing the exact opposite. It has for a few years now.
I mean, MCC is #1 most wanted game on Steam right now... and 343i has made a complete course correction...
The true genius right here.
Most definitely. And I'm incredibly hyped for it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3