Is Halo similar to the Star Wars Saga

OP Kaveus

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Will halo 6 be better than 4 and 5

Make Your Selection:

So this is just a random topic but surprisingly a bunch of halo Youtubers have said how halo is similar to the star wars saga in terms of how the movies turned out to be. What I'm trying to say is that the original trilogy is the bungie games and the prequels are the 343 games.
Just let me explain..

Star wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Was the start of something great and made the sci-fi genre more popular)
Halo CE (Was the start of something great and began to make the FPS genre more popular)

Star wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Was an awesome movie and continued the series and continued to grow the sci-fi genre)
Halo 2 (Was an awesome game and continued the series and expanded it's fan base even further)

Star wars Episode VI: The Return Of the Jedi (Ended the trilogy in such a way that was so impactful, some agree that it is the best one)
Halo 3 (You get to finish the fight that started with Halo CE, some can agree that this was the best halo game of all time)

Star wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (unexpectedly failed when the movies were in such great hands and disappointed a lot of people)
Halo 4 (unexpectedly failed, Halo fans were in complete shock and were disappointed)

Star wars Episode II: The Attack Of the clones (Much more improved but was mediocre at best)
Halo 5 (The game improved but the story flopped, however it was mediocre at best)

Star wars Episode III: The revenge of the sith (Was the best one from the prequel trilogy)

Now do you think halo 6 will be the best out of the three (Like Star wars episode III)?
Or will it suffer from another failure??
Kaveus wrote:
a bunch of halo Youtubers have said
Ugh. Stop already. Why does everybody listen to those annoying people? It seems to me like they'll use any wacky idea to create a video just to get more views.

Here's what I think: just because a new trilogy of video games was less popular then the original trilogy, and a new trilogy of movies was less popular than the original trilogy, doesn't mean the two franchises are necessarily related or comparable. I have high expectations for Halo 6 because we can already see 343 taking into account feedback from Halo 5 (witness split-screen, for example). That has nothing to do with Star Wars.
There are a decent amount of similarities, but as a whole I don't think that Halo is too much like star wars.
No, not at all. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I can tell you no!
You really know how to bait-and-switch, don't you? The topic asks about Star Wars, but the actual poll question just asks if 6 will be better than 4 and 5.
Nope...

Kaveus wrote:
Ugh. Stop already. Why does everybody listen to those annoying people? It seems to me like they'll use any wacky idea to create a video just to get more views.

Here's what I think: just because a new trilogy of video games was less popular then the original trilogy, and a new trilogy of movies was less popular than the original trilogy, doesn't mean the two franchises are necessarily related or comparable. I have high expectations for Halo 6 because we can already see 343 taking into account feedback from Halo 5 (witness split-screen, for example). That has nothing to do with Star Wars.
I agree with you...
Caroniver wrote:
You really know how to bait-and-switch, don't you? The topic asks about Star Wars, but the actual poll question just asks if 6 will be better than 4 and 5.
Thing is it links with my topic at the end about revenge of the sith many can agree it was the best from the prequel trilogy, I was trying to link the prequel trilogy and the reclaimer saga and how maybe halo 6 will be the better than 4&5, that's why I asked that as a poll question. So I wasn't really trying to bait-and switch.
There are a decent amount of similarities, but as a whole I don't think that Halo is too much like star wars.
I'm aware Star Wars is different to halo but I was trying to compare how the bungie games is the original trilogy and the 343 games are the prequel trilogy that's it really
Kaveus wrote:

Some Halo YouTubers are good and some just ramble about the same topics over and over again...
You understood my point but I wasn't trying to say they are related. All I was saying is that the original trilogy is the bungie games and the prequel trilogy is the 343 games, I'm completely aware halo has nothing to do with star wars. Also I really do hope halo 6 goes above and beyond cause they are taking feedback so I too have high expectations!!
Agreed!! I was just trying to bring a random topic only focusing about how halo is similar in terms of how the bungie games is the original trilogy and the 343 games is the prequel trilogy, at the end of the paragraph I discussed if halo 6 will end up being better than 4&5 so that's the question I asked in the poll.
Kaveus wrote:
Some Halo YouTubers are good and some just ramble about the same topics over and over again...
Sure, some might be good, but I still don't understand the appeal of watching them. And I feel like, somehow, they have disproportionate influence over what the community thinks, sometimes...
Kaveus wrote:
You understood my point but I wasn't trying to say they are related. All I was saying is that the original trilogy is the bungie games and the prequel trilogy is the 343 games, I'm completely aware halo has nothing to do with star wars.
I can see that, inasmuch as they both had two trilogies and the more recent one wasn't as groundbreaking. That is certainly a similarity. My apologies if I jumped to conclusions and assumed you were saying there was more to it than that. I am just used to hearing Youtubers grasping at straws to make all kinds of crazy arguments, seemingly just to boost their own popularity ("Halo 5 has less blood because they wanted it T rated! Rabble rabble rabble!")
Kaveus wrote:
Also I really do hope halo 6 goes above and beyond cause they are taking feedback so I too have high expectations!!
Me too. And hopefully the upcoming Star Wars movies are good, too 😬
Nate00000000000 Sure, some might be good, but I still don't understand the appeal of watching them. And I feel like, somehow, they have disproportionate influence over what the community thinks, sometimes...

I really do agree with how they have an influence over what the community thinks, everyone all the sudden supports a word that these youtubers say and brings down anyone who disagrees, then they end up complaining on why is the community so toxic. Another problem is that they always change there opinions; for example:
"Halo 3 story was great" (the next time they bring the topic up) "Halo 3 actually was lacking a lot of things"
"Halo 2's cliffhanger was an awesome ending" (the next time they bring the topic up) "Halo 2's cliffhanger dissapointed some fans I didn't like it either)
"Halo 5's multiplayer is really well balanced (the next time they bring the topic up) "Halo 5's multiplayer still needs a lot of work some features implemented just don't work"

I'm I the only one who realizes this or do you agree with me too??
Kaveus wrote:
I'm I the only one who realizes this or do you agree with me too??
I agree with you, because occasionally I'd see the forum blow up with everyone suddenly making topics about the same thing, all around the same time, and many of them started out by saying "watch this video". It's happened a few times since I've been on Waypoint
Interesting hopefully H6 doesn't disappoint us
Kaveus wrote:
Agreed!! I was just trying to bring a random topic only focusing about how halo is similar in terms of how the bungie games is the original trilogy and the 343 games is the prequel trilogy, at the end of the paragraph I discussed if halo 6 will end up being better than 4&5 so that's the question I asked in the poll.
However like that yes, they could be similar.
343 Heard about us wanting the old art style back, which really showed in Halo Wars 2. So we have that to look forward to in Halo 6. Not to mention they heard our complaints about Halo 4 and 5, so i think they will take a look back at Bungies Halo games and use what they learned from that. The Arbiter does have a new voice actor, but as long as that doesn't suck too hard. I think Halo 6 will be a solid title and way better then Halo 4 and 5.
Halo 6 will hopefully be better than Halo 4 and Halo 5. To answer the title of the post, Halo is like a cross between Star Wars and Call of Duty, but better than both of them.
Maybe, somewhere over the rainbow or in a galaxy far far away in a black hole universe in the eye of a smashed cockroach.
Wich guestion should I answer? The first one is Halo similiar to the Star Wars or the second one Will Halo 6 be better than Halo 4 and 5.

And I think that Halo 4,5 and 6 should be compared to Star Wars 7,8 and 9, rather than to the Prequel trilogy.
The only time when i have thought that Halo is similar to star wars is when Chief was after didacts ship in H4. I think it was the music and that the ships really didnt look Halo like (and not star wars like for that matter).

But hopefully H6 wont be as bad that the reclaimer trilogy/saga would be as bad of a disappointment as prequel trilogy. hopefully its going to be good but rather than a slight improvement maybe like the 3rd movie could have been comparable as being something like fourth original movie.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2