Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Is ODST training actually hard?

OP SureCactus38419

Is ODST training actually hard?

Make Your Selection:

ODST training only lasts a few weeks, not very long so is it actually hard?
I’d imagine that the training would be quite intense.
I would guess it's probably the futuristic equivalent of Airborne school which is really hard I've heard, and probably even harder.
Obviously yes
Imagine navy seal training 10×
Yup. Pretty much. They are spartans without the suit or enhancements. Top of the line men and women.
Most definitely. You have to bear in mind that ODSTs are accepted into training after already going through the UNSC's equivalent of basic training. They also typically have plenty of combat experience. So the shorter program is likely due to the fact that all ODST recruits have the basics and more down pat. The purpose of ODST training, near as I can tell, is to take experienced soldiers and elevate them to the next level of training. This may not always be the case, but for the most part it certainly seems to be how the program operates.

I think this is a fair assessment of the program:
I would guess it's probably the futuristic equivalent of Airborne school which is really hard I've heard, and probably even harder.
Those who are selected for Airborne school are already trained soldiers who are now being trained further.
Airborne School is really easy, once you pass AIT it’s a breeze. 5 jumps with a maximum of 4 mile run with the pace being for the slowest runner of the group. Everyone I know also says it’s super easy.
No lol. Maybe the spartan training but not ODSTs as the longer a training program is the more thorough it is and the Navy Seals training lasts more than 6 months all of it without any ease.
It is basically BUD/s on steroids. It is very tough.
If you read the short story "Dirt" from Halo Fractures, it explains some of the training. I need to reread that book because it was amazing!
If you read the short story "Dirt" from Halo Fractures, it explains some of the training. I need to reread that book because it was amazing!
I have astigmatism in my eye that’s developed recently. I’m working on getting rid of it by doing exercises with my eye. Because of the astigmatism though reading is hard. Even looking at my phone for a little bit then looking up makes everything blurry, if I close my left eye hold my hand out my right eye shows my hand as blurry, if I reverse it’s clear. If I try to read I try to keep it to books I really love, like “The heavenly man” a biography of a person in China, really describes what he went through. He was imprisoned multiple times as well as tortured by having a shock baton being put into his mouth and much worse, really love it a lot though and he’s a really loving and awesome person. I also read the Message Bible which makes it easier to understand, other than that I mostly listen to audio books if I am trying to read. Really is funny, if I look at my phone while writing this then look up its blurry where it wasn’t blurry a second ago hahaha. Anyways really love yall was fun talking with you guys I’m going to be off for a while but love yall! :) but I really do love that book, really is worth a read let’s you know what people go through in China. But love yall was fun and good day.
John9895 wrote:
It is basically BUD/s on steroids. It is very tough.
I will have to disagree, if we look at what we know for Navy Seal training as opposed to ODST training, Navy Seal training lasts for over 6 months, ODST only 3 weeks of memory serves. As said I earlier the longer training lasts the more thoroughly trained a soldier is. Navy seals are trained 6 months without any easy days, one seal said he went an entire week with 4 hours of sleep and was hallucinating, as he was rowing the raft with his team he saw a chain link fence in the middle of the ocean. Really fun, I would love to try it except for the swimming 2 miles in under 30 minutes. I’m not very good at swimming hahaha, I ran a 6 minute mile but that was before I broke both bones in my leg, currently working back up to it. Ran half a mile in about 3 minutes today before my lungs made me slow down. It’s pretty funny, one time I ran 4 miles and I was really thirsty where I was suffering effects of dehydration such as increased heart rate etc, i legitimately felt that if I wasn’t so thirsty I could spring the rest of the way to complete 5 miles, which was about 1 mile away or .8 miles away. A friend of mine could run 10 miles in under 60 minutes before he damaged his tendons. Part of a requirement to be considered for training is 5 miles in under 40 minutes. Anyways, I just really love exercising which is why asked about this. No it’s not tougher than Navy Seal training, sorry to say but still it would be fun to be dropped from space in a drop pod. One major issue is the fact that the least amount of g force humans can handle is that of going up and down left and right, going forwards or backwards your body can handle more but going straight down like ODSTs your brain under the force would kill you. Also like I said, nothing against your statement it’s just it really isn’t harder. I couldn’t find out anywhere really about the training ODSTs go through but the little I did find leads me to believe it’s not tougher.