OP MeleeWolf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

Is "Camping" a legitimate strategy?

Make Your Selection:

(I Say of course it is because it just IS a strategy by definition of what a strategy is,(also i've had AI in other games use it on me and if AI use it then I think that says it's an actual tactic(and yes there are parentheses inside of parentheses,*Inception noise*) ) plus some weapons like snipers are kind of meant for a more "camping" like style of play)
I'll say it is a legitimate strategy, but it is a cheap strategy if it's the only one the player utilizes. It's mostly only good for raising K/D ratio. If it is utilized too often, it ruins the enjoyment of the game for other players that are getting annoyed by it. Not to mention the fact that camping wont increase the skill of the camper, either. Camping is all right once in a while in a match, but when it happens consistently, you're bound to piss off a lot of other players.
It is a strategy. Doesn't mean its a good one, though.
"The preferred strategy of noobs everywhere"
"Play the game without playing the game with this new strategy!"
I would say yes. It depends on what map and objective you are playing. Let's say that I'm playing H2A or H2C on Remnant/Relic. If I have to defend the flag, I'm going to be camping, with slightly poking my head occasionally to see what is going on in the battlefield. Same thing with Coagulation and Bloodline.
"It takes little to no skill at all"
"Just stand in a corner or behind a wall for the whole match and prey some guy who isn't a complete wiener (and is probably more skilled then you) walks by!"
"Just stand in a corner or behind a wall for the whole match and prey some guy who isn't a complete wiener (and is probably more skilled then you) walks by!"
"Then shoot them with a shotgun multiple times till you actually hit them and proceed to tea-bag them"
"Then shoot them with a shotgun multiple times till you actually hit them and proceed to tea-bag them"
"After the game ends, check out how you did compared to your friends and frenemys! 2 kills! Doesn't sitting in a corner with your thumb up your butt waiting for someone to cruise by pay off? Did i hear a yes?"
I play mostly social slayer games as i'm not interested in getting too serious when I play. A lot of games you can see the people who play more competitively as they immediately go to their crutch power weapons, which everyone, including myself does. But they get their usual sniper rifle and go to their special "pro" position and take advantage of all the more inexperienced players. You see it a lot on maps like Zanazibar and Midship and their remakes of course. And there is nothing wrong with doing so, but for some reason it always annoys me. It's like dude this is the social slayer playlist, relax and move around some more - you don't have to be dude-bro expert all the time lol. Sometimes it makes me wish that the sniper rifle was removed from play or at least removed in a special playlist. Would be fun to be able to traverse the map and enjoy proper gun fights and force the players that are really good with the sniper rifle to have to do something different. The pistol being a 3 shot kill in CE is one of the bazilion things I think that makes CE a better game than all the other halos.

Anyway, it's not the same as camping per say, but I find both tactics unimaginative.
Camping isn't fun. Who wants to sit in a corner the whole time in a video game? It's cowardly. Now it's different if you move around the area and not stand in the exact same spot for a whole minute. I'm not discouraging anyone not to do it, but that's not how I want to waste my time.
With the advancement of gameplay camping doesn’t really work anymore it’s more of an evolved form of hiding, making a kill and moving to a new spot to make another kill..and yes nobody like to die cuz they didn’t check a corner good but it’s a good strat and it does work.
Basically it is a strategy given its something that possibly keeps a player alive in a match. For instance real life snipers dont run around with their rifles shouting at everyone whatkind of hackers and noobs they are.
Though even real snipers change their position preferably before their current location gets compromised, besides it could be hard to recreate such in a game without a perma death on match.

So I would say its a valid strategy, just not one with a good reputation.
Its legitimate but not always the best. Like in infection if your the first infected then yes camp in a spot where you know the humans will walk by on the way to either a good position or power weapon, you almost need to camp a bit in the start of infection matches (Halo 3 at least where there isn't active camo or shields for zombies). For slayer, BTB, etc. I'd say its fair for a sniper or something similar but its not a fun strategy so I guess it depends on the type of person?
It’s a strategy. It’s just annoying to be on the receiving end of it.
It’s strategy, unless everyone does it. I got into a match once where literally everyone was camping. And this was on BTB on MCC, so I had some great laughs at the absurdity of what happened through the match. Nice reference there in the title.
I voted yes and I was surprised to see that others agree with me.
Yes I would consider it a strategy, a very annoying strategy that usually refers to ones lack of skill or experience.
Every good player will utilize strategic camping every once in a while. If you know you're playing someone or a team that is overly aggressive you're going to let them come to you and make mistakes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3