Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

"It's a legitimate strategy"

OP MeleeWolf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It’s a strategy. It’s just annoying to be on the receiving end of it.
Yeah your basically right on this lol.
Camping is fine, for the most part, especially if you have a long-range weapon. It's one thing if you sit for five minutes around a corner with a shotgun, but it's completely different if you are defending your flag by staying at spawn with a sniper. There's a distinct difference.
A legitimate one to be sure, but not a welcome one.
It is a strategy. Doesn't mean its a good one, though.
A cheap strat is sadly still a strategy employed by noobs, hence why you see it in games, cuz it works for them (again, unfortunately for the rest of us)
Camping is technically a strategy, but I get why some people absolutely loathe dealing with it. However, if you got a sniper rifle, why exactly would you move from a good shooting position? In real life, and to my knowledge, snipers set up in advantageous positions and wait there for hours or even days at a time until they take the shot, then they move to another position or extract, depending on the needs of the mission. That said, this is a game and not real life, so sitting in a single spot for most of a game just feels boring.
Halo is a game to be played in many ways. Play how you want, but I recommend shaking it up a bit.
It is a strategy I suppose, but not a fun one imo. To clarify, I consider camping as sitting in one spot watching a door or corner for an extended period of time.

Holding down a critical location is different from camping though, and is something that I consider a key strategy. If I hold down a spot on the map I am regularly moving between a limited perimeter and checking multiple routes for enemies. It’s different to hold a base than it is to camp a corner in a base
Yes it is. Unfortunately it ruins the fun.
It depends on what you call camping. While playing with a team, I have been accused of camping by my wife. Team mates are pushing one way, and I anticipate the other team to go a certain way, I will wait a few seconds for them to come around a corner. Then I will move to another position. I don't call that camping. But when one person sits the whole game, in one spot, that's what I call camping. So to answer the OP question, yes it is a strategy!
No plain and simple
I would say camping is a legitimate strategy in Halo because there are many power weapons that would be used better like sniper rifles or maybe rocket launchers. These weapons don't have much ammo so trying to hold onto them would be a strategy.
I would say camping is a legitimate strategy in Halo because there are many power weapons that would be used better like sniper rifles or maybe rocket launchers. These weapons don't have much ammo so trying to hold onto them would be a strategy.
Or you could actually USE the weapons.
Or you could actually USE the weapons.
Lol yeah that would be ideal, but I guess asset denial is a somewhat legitimate strategy related to camping.
Yes it is a strategy. But it is not a respected strategy. I think people rarely win games by solely camping but doing it in certain situations is definitely advantageous.
Is it a strategy? Yes. Is it a cheep, noob like, and annoying strategy? Yes.
Spoiler:
Show
Depends on which camping we're going over. Sitting on one spot not moving and waiting for opposition? No as you're a liability and you're more of an opportunistic player more than anything.

My kind of camping is moving from one spot to another while still being in a specific spot of the map. So let's take truth for the exampled map. I could start in blue base, work my way towards invis spawn, head back to blue base left door, then move to blue base window, then to blue base right door back to invis and then rinse and repeat. It's camping in the sense you're only being at one spot of the map (blue base in this instance with you occasionally checking on invis) but you are however always on the move getting various angles on what's going on for communication and shots on players. It's a clear difference from sitting on a doorway with a shotgun or sitting with a sniper (and I hate to break it to you people on defending camping snipers, but a sniper on the move is more dangerous than one waiting for kills to come to them👍 the more aggressive you are, the faster you'll kill more than the passive team).

Sitting still camping is just cheap play where the player doesn't want a challenge, the camping I described earlier is much better as you're not a liability doing nothing when there's various angles you can see for callouts, pot shots and you'll have the opposition eventually move into you. You're still in one area of the map for the most part, but if your entire team could play like that and cover various spots of the map, you can lock down a map pretty good doing it. Communication is the key.
They call it anchoring now. :)
Sniping is Camping;
people Snipe IRL
people don't TRICKIE-STICKIE-SHOOTIE-BOOTIE IRL
I count it as a strategy. One of my very skilled halo frinds often tells me to find a spot and camp for a bit. This lets us lock down an area, be it a spawn, power weapon spot or just a choke point. However more often im told to camp if i keep getting killed too much. Hmmmm.... maybe im not even camping. How much dose one need to not move from said area, to be considered camping?

Hey if it works it works.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3