Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

"It's a legitimate strategy"

OP MeleeWolf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
IMO depends on the gametype. I’ll hold bases in Stronngholds or CTF but I’d hardly consider it camping so to speak. Even on Slayer though, I’ll sit on/near power weapon spawns to hopefully help control the flow of the match. Halo is all about power positions and weapons. As far as sitting in some random corner, do what you want but you won’t see me doing it, because it’s not very helpful towards winning. For example no ‘camper’ is going to win a FFA game unless people give them kills mindlessly.
Dude I find myself in situations where I camp and I'm self aware I do it lol. I only do it if radar is on though, so in HC playlist I find myself barely doing it.
It is legitimate. I don’t typically do it however because it gets boring just waiting for someone to run up on you. Also because anyone who knows what they’re doing can usually beat campers with grenades or other strategies
I have to say it is, but It just doesn't make the game fun for anyone.
Surprising outcome. I thought for a fact the results would yield a no by more than 80%. Boy was I wrong, but now I don't feel so bad for utilizing a legit strategy.
Ambushing your opponent's is a very effective and well used strategy throughout history. Some predatory animals such as Lions use it all the time. As well as countless military generals.

I personally don't like static camping (sitting in a corner for easy kills) but I do use ambushes for area denial tactics. Which basically means limiting the opponent's movement throughout the map by protecting certain bottlenecks. It works especially well if you are playing with a well organised group.
Yeah I disagree with it as a valid strategy, but the number of people who donit says otherwise.

Soon as I get killed by a camper though I make it my mission to flush them out at least and preferably kill them.

All depends where you're camping though: if it's near a spawn then you deserve to be banned imho because spawn camping is just lower than low
If your camping around a objective or camping otherwise to get a win then it's legit. If your doing it just to pad your k/d stat then no it's not because your not helping your team.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3