John and Kelly. Yes or No?

OP TabbyKritKat

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19

Do you think John and Kelly should be together?

Make Your Selection:

I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.
And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about. Please read my reasons before posting.
No this shouldnt and wont happen.
Because they know each other to long and for other which will be said by other waypointusers
Because they know each other to long and for other which will be said by other waypointusers
did you even read my reasons?
Well firstly, SIIs are the pinnacle of professionalism. And secondly , They know nothing , but war. That's all they were trained to do and that's all they've been doing for over 30 years. They were meant to live and die on the frontline of battle, even the SIIs themselves know that's their fate
did you even read my reasons?
Your reasons consist of an personal preference, an text which more or less ignores facts and an picture.Not the solidest stuff for an thesis
Can we please stop shipping Chief with another member of Blue Team? I swear, if someone does 117x104, I'm done with the Universe section of the forums.
No they are war machines and like family and all.
I love how people here are so threatened by the idea of two mature, consenting adults who have known each other their whole lives and are also best friends possibly being in a healthy romantic relationship. The horror...

Simply put, the depth of their bond really goes down into the roots of John-117 and Kelly-087's characters. They've been together for 35 years almost constantly both on and off the battlefield. In fact Kelly’s partnership with John is the longest standing relationship that exists for either character in Halo canon. As the prologue of ‘The Fall of Reach’ (the very first piece of Halo fiction that was released to the public) firmly establishes Kelly’s place as John’s right-hand Spartan and confidant. Their interactions with each other are also definitely the most emphasized and unique among the members of Blue Team. We’ve seen this evidenced throughout Halo canon many times over the years - particularly through moments like Kelly giving John a special ‘Spartan smile’, and later when John confronts imminent death from Hunter cannon fire strictly to protect her. They think about each other quite often when separated, with Kelly showing particular concern for John’s well-being. And Kelly is the only person whom John has ever referred to as being beautiful. You don’t see actions like this from either of them directed towards anyone else.

I have actually compiled a summarized list of moments from the Halo books and additional official media that cite all the times we’ve seen evidence of John and Kelly’s relationship given particular attention and how that could be considered at least a basis for underlying romantic feelings:
Spoiler:
Show
Now all this could just be played as how the two are best friends that have been through a lot together. And if the relationship between them stays that way, that would still be awesome because their friendship is inherently awesome. But if it just so happens to progress into something more as Blue Team’s story goes forward, there’s definitely a long-standing and canon-based reason for such a development to potentially occur. Now is it likely to happen? Probably not. But if it did it, certainly wouldn't be unwarranted or unhealthy. That's all there is to it.
I love how people here are so threatened by the idea of two mature, consenting adults who have known each other their whole lives and are also best friends possibly being in a healthy romantic relationship. The horror...

Simply put, the depth of their bond really goes down into the roots of John-117 and Kelly-087's characters. They've been together for 35 years almost constantly both on and off the battlefield. In fact Kelly’s partnership with John is the longest standing relationship that exists for either character in Halo canon. As the prologue of ‘The Fall of Reach’ (the very first piece of Halo fiction that was released to the public) firmly establishes Kelly’s place as John’s right-hand Spartan and confidant. Their interactions with each other are also definitely the most emphasized and unique among the members of Blue Team. We’ve seen this evidenced throughout Halo canon many times over the years - particularly through moments like Kelly giving John a special ‘Spartan smile’, and later when John confronts imminent death from Hunter cannon fire strictly to protect her. They think about each other quite often when separated, with Kelly showing particular concern for John’s well-being. And Kelly is the only person whom John has ever referred to as being beautiful. You don’t see actions like this from either of them directed towards anyone else.

I have actually compiled a summarized list of moments from the Halo books and additional official media that cite all the times we’ve seen evidence of John and Kelly’s relationship given particular attention and how that could be considered at least a basis for underlying romantic feelings:
Spoiler:
Show

Now all this could just be played as how the two are best friends that have been through a lot together. And if the relationship between them stays that way, that would still be awesome because their friendship is inherently awesome. But if it just so happens to progress into something more as Blue Team’s story goes forward, there’s definitely a long-standing and canon-based reason for such a development to potentially occur. Now is it likely to happen? Probably not. But if it did it, certainly wouldn't be unwarranted or unhealthy. That's all there is to it.
I completely agree with you
What the...? No, no, no and no. While I have read and understand your reasons, it's just completely unnecessary. While I enjoy romance subplots in games like Mass Effect, that's not what Halo, or Spartan-IIs, are all about. In this franchise, the road to saving the galaxy is not through the pants of the main character's squad members.
Nobody is asking for any kind of major "romantic subplot" that remotely effects the games though. Because it's the subtleties that have made John and Kelly's dynamic so great in the first place. Myself and nobody else I know who likes this idea wants something that revolves around "getting in anyone's pants". Quite the opposite in fact. Them being Spartans means their relationship can be explored in unique ways. Just like how we see the them interact in the books, a lot can be communicated by a simple word and gesture here and there - and it certainly doesn't have to take the spotlight away from the action or their dedication to their roles as soldiers. It's all about balance. But by introducing that slight shift in their dynamic, it could bring up some interesting questions about their development as people. What they think of themselves, what's been done to them, what they fight to protect, and whether or not they may have a future outside the battlefield. Heck, it could mostly just be explored in books and other ancillary fiction - seeing as that's where most of the Spartans' real character development has always happened anyway.
I see blue team as a family. They are practically "together". John and Kelly are a bit closer yes but I don't really want then to have some sort of romance thing.
Personally, I'd love to see them end up together.

The bond that they share and their dynamic is one of my all-time favorites across multiple fandoms. I wouldn't be sad if they didn't and, honestly, I don't really see the games ending with any "confirmed" pairings since the games are geared mostly towards playability and a lot of plot and character development is left to the expanded universe of the books and comics, but it still stands that, if there was a canon couple involving John, it would (or at least should, in my opinion) be Kelly as his partner.

They have been through hell together and understand each other in a way no one else can (perhaps other members of their team can, but that's another discussion for another time), and they are able to pick up on each other's emotions and non-verbal cues. Their relationship is consistently portrayed as healthy and supporting, and I think that's what is missing from a lot of modern day fictional couples but should be celebrated and enjoyed, even if it is just the celebration of a platonic sense.
We all know John only likes AIs. Furthermore, John friend-zones everyone and they're Spartans so I don't think "relationships' are in their life goals.
The two of them share is so special and it really should be a thing in the series. It's not a relationship built on "You're hot and I'm hot so we should be a couple" but rather decades of knowing one another. It's a bond built on perfectly supporting one another over years and years of hardship and that's something that's missing. It doesn't need to be romantic embraces in front of a sunset just what it's always been. It's being able to turn to each other when in need of stability. It's protecting one another and having a bond that means they are in sync. It's a relationship of love not sexual attraction which is what makes it so amazing. For all the trials the Spartans have been put through they are still humans and the love between John and Kelly is one of the purest representations of their humanity.
Umm..... No.
Oh god this again?
What he Said
I'm pretty sure canon-based evidence and analysis far outweighs nonsensical youtube reaction videos.
I think love isn't a priority for a Spartan II
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19