2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 19
Spartan Sierra 117 And Spartan Sierra 087 if they have a kid that kid would be agent Carolina from red vs blue fast and strong
Spartan Sierra 117 And Spartan Sierra 087 if they have a kid that kid would be agent Carolina from red vs blue fast and strong
lol Probably.

Though my friends and I have always had the headcanon that If they had a Son, they'd name him Samuel
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.

And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
If u have ever read halo evolutions,you would read where chief runs into a girl he grew up with on his home planet before he was taken and he saved her from drowning and promised to marry her one day.If chief ended up with anyone it should be her and not kelly.
He doesn't even know her very well anymore. And she may have dies during the rest of the war.
Why does it matter if he knew her well ? But apparently it's ok to get with kelly who is like a sister to him
Well people don't go dating randoms that they haven't known since they were 6. And there is nothing that makes Kelly a sister to him. What I'm trying to say is that it is more than a sister brother relationship. And another point is that the girl he knew may not have even lived through New Mombasa, and you don't date dead people
How is it more then a sister brother relationship? What evidence suggests that?
Did you even read my reasons? here in case you missed them: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
I mean reasons from actual lore, because there isnt
That does have lore in it if you read it. It points out hings that happen during the books that makes it seem like they are together
Give me some specific quotes them
Most
Here's my full-length series of essays summarizing and analyzing nearly every single significant moment between these two characters we've been shown in canon prior to 'Halo 5', complete with book quotes and chapter references:
So yes, there is more than enough existing fiction to support how strong a bond John-117 and Kelly-087 have. And it's definitely a measure apart from the relationships they have with anyone else. Now again, there's room for interpretation as to whether there are or aren't any feelings of love between the two beyond the platonic - and that's fine. However, I have to ask once more why is it apparently so intimidating for people to process the possibility of these two best friends finding some semblance of peace together as a couple should they not end up dying in battle? We know full well that Spartan-IIs are perfectly capable of pursuing romance and living happy lives outside of the UNSC if given the opportunity. So there really is no reason that John and Kelly's entirely healthy dynamic couldn't be expanded upon in the future in subtle and interesting ways - an unlikely endgame perhaps, but still worth thinking about and discussing.
Because most spartan 2s aren't like that,naomi could have left the unsc at the end of mortal Dictata and she didn't,chief and kelly are professional soldiers who care about humanity the mission and there fellow spartans, not just each other.U don't need romance in a halo game,especially romance between 2 people who are like brother and sister,this isn't game of thrones
How does what Naomi chooses to do for herself have anything to do with John and Kelly? Also no one here said anything to the effect of John and Kelly only caring about each other - just that the fact that they do obviously care about each other very much has room for potential good character development. Also again, as I've already said, no one is asking for any kind of major romantic subplot that will adversely effect the games or any other media either. Plus there isn't one piece of Halo media that says John and Kelly think of each other as "siblings" in the literal sense. So pretty much everything you put here is moot.
U guys are gonna believe what u want to believe,Halo already had that "love" thing with cortana and chief,you don't need that for chief and kelly and idk why people are pushing it like this
If u have ever read halo evolutions,you would read where chief runs into a girl he grew up with on his home planet before he was taken and he saved her from drowning and promised to marry her one day.If chief ended up with anyone it should be her and not kelly.
He doesn't even know her very well anymore. And she may have dies during the rest of the war.
Why does it matter if he knew her well ? But apparently it's ok to get with kelly who is like a sister to him
Well people don't go dating randoms that they haven't known since they were 6. And there is nothing that makes Kelly a sister to him. What I'm trying to say is that it is more than a sister brother relationship. And another point is that the girl he knew may not have even lived through New Mombasa, and you don't date dead people
Did you even read my reasons? here in case you missed them: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
That does have lore in it if you read it. It points out hings that happen during the books that makes it seem like they are together
well, it's not a Quote but, there is a scene in First Strike when Kelly does the Spartan Smile on John's helmet. Earlier, John did the smile when finding Anton, though he drew the smile on his own helmet, and Anton the same. As it said in the book, the Smile was the closest the Spartans ever got to an emotional outburst. But Kelly did the smile on John's Helmet. That to me feels more intimate to me than if she did it on her helmet, like she was REALLY Glad to see John was alive.
That's how I saw it anyway
well, it's not a Quote but, there is a scene in First Strike when Kelly does the Spartan Smile on John's helmet. Earlier, John did the smile when finding Anton, though he drew the smile on his own helmet, and Anton the same. As it said in the book, the Smile was the closest the Spartans ever got to an emotional outburst. But Kelly did the smile on John's Helmet. That to me feels more intimate to me than if she did it on her helmet, like she was REALLY Glad to see John was alive.
If only people could rationalize like you then it would seem more plausible,but most are just pushing it for no reason
If only people could rationalize like you then it would seem more plausible,but most are just pushing it for no reason
My rationalizing is the same as the others, especially GreenleafCM's . They are just VERY Passionate about the idea, like all us shippers.
My rationalizing is the same as the others, especially GreenleafCM's . They are just VERY Passionate about the idea, like all us shippers.
Love in halo imo only should be between buck and dare,and Chief and cortana,not characters who have never been romantically involved and according to some people should be asap
I literally linked you to seven whole analyses I have done that go over all of the official material that supports what I am talking about - so if you're not going to bother reading them then I highly suggest you don't say anything about people being in favor of John and Kelly's relationship "for no reason".

Most
Here's my full-length series of essays summarizing and analyzing nearly every single significant moment between these two characters we've been shown in canon prior to 'Halo 5', complete with book quotes and chapter references:
So yes, there is more than enough existing fiction to support how strong a bond John-117 and Kelly-087 have. And it's definitely a measure apart from the relationships they have with anyone else. Now again, there's room for interpretation as to whether there are or aren't any feelings of love between the two beyond the platonic - and that's fine. However, I have to ask once more why is it apparently so intimidating for people to process the possibility of these two best friends finding some semblance of peace together as a couple should they not end up dying in battle? We know full well that Spartan-IIs are perfectly capable of pursuing romance and living happy lives outside of the UNSC if given the opportunity. So there really is no reason that John and Kelly's entirely healthy dynamic couldn't be expanded upon in the future in subtle and interesting ways - an unlikely endgame perhaps, but still worth thinking about and discussing.
Because most spartan 2s aren't like that,naomi could have left the unsc at the end of mortal Dictata and she didn't,chief and kelly are professional soldiers who care about humanity the mission and there fellow spartans, not just each other.U don't need romance in a halo game,especially romance between 2 people who are like brother and sister,this isn't game of thrones
How does what Naomi chooses to do for herself have anything to do with John and Kelly? Also no one here said anything to the effect of John and Kelly only caring about each other - just that the fact that they do obviously care about each other very much has room for potential good character development. Also again, as I've already said, no one is asking for any kind of major romantic subplot that will adversely effect the games or any other media either. Plus there isn't one piece of Halo media that says John and Kelly think of each other as "siblings" in the literal sense. So pretty much everything you put here is moot.
U guys are gonna believe what u want to believe,Halo already had that "love" thing with cortana and chief,you don't need that for chief and kelly and idk why people are pushing it like this
for people who dont want to read the paragraph-john and kelly shouldnt be together.

Most
for people who dont want to read the paragraph-john and kelly shouldnt be together.
So are you going to support that statement with any kind of logical or canon-based reasoning, or...?

Because I still fail to see how it is implausible - let alone unreasonable - for two people who know each other better than anyone else, who can trust each other without fail, and who have enjoyed being around each other their whole lives to enter into a formal relationship should circumstances allow.
Love in halo imo only should be between buck and dare,and Chief and cortana,not characters who have never been romantically involved and according to some people should be asap
Well, John and Cortana were never romantically involved, it never came off as that to me.
Unsure... probably not
Can we please stop shipping Chief with another member of Blue Team? I swear, if someone does 117x104, I'm done with the Universe section of the forums.
Chief plus Cortana!
Gonna come clean - a while ago, I kinda shipped John and Linda. But that was basically just going off John's touching reaction to her state at the end of The Fall of Reach.

Now I've become less of an idiot and realised that Halo is far too much of a grounded sci-fi universe for that -Yoink- to happen, particularly now we've seen 343's (lacklustre) approach to portraying to character of Blue Team thus far, it'd just be a really bad move.

Not only that - aren't Spartans supposed to be almost unfeeling machines of war? The whole 343 take on the Chief and Cortana connection (not necessarily romantic, mind) makes me feel as though the original Chief as portrayed in CE to 3 and The Fall of Reach has been slighted - I didn't mind as Halo 4's story was phenomenal, but Halo 5 has just left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the writing of characters in general, and I don't really trust them with these complex relationships.

With that in mind, now the sappy stuff has been gotten out of the way, I'd advise they keep it simple. Make Chief doggedly determined to take down Cortana and save humanity from slavery to the Created and the mantle, regardless of his connection to her - and by that same token, keep Spartan romance a non-existent element of the story. At least until 343 sort their -Yoink- out in the writing department.

And I still ship Linda more than Kelly, despite shipping neither.
And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about. Please read my reasons before posting.
Dude, you just want to see romance in Halo. It's pretty obvious.
Except that if you've read any of the books where the Spartans are actually explored as characters you'd know full well that they are not "almost unfeeling machines of war" and never have been...so really anyone trying to use this as a "reason" John and Kelly couldn't be romantically involved is just plain wrong. Also, for the hundredth time, how is possibly having a low-key relationship development on the part of these two characters that already have all the foundation necessary for something of that kind to happen so bad? And while I agree that it would have to be written in a particular way in order for it to work - and whether or not 343i can accomplish this is another topic altogether - the fact remains that the idea is still sound.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about. Please read my reasons before posting.
Dude, you just want to see romance in Halo. It's pretty obvious.
is that so bad? to see a little goodness like Romance in Halo?
ojala

Most
So are you going to support that statement with any kind of logical or canon-based reasoning, or...?

Because I still fail to see how it is implausible - let alone unreasonable - for two people who know each other better than anyone else, who can trust each other without fail, and who have enjoyed being around each other their whole lives to enter into a formal relationship should circumstances allow.
Because it's rare for spartan 2s to experience platonic love.If Randall didn't end up on sedra he wouldn't have got married or had a daughter and Maria retired to start a family,yet we haven't heard anything about her since then.spartan 2s first priority is humanities safety and survival
I literally linked you to seven whole analyses I have done that go over all of the official material that supports what I am talking about - so if you're not going to bother reading them then I highly suggest you don't say anything about people being in favor of John and Kelly's relationship "for no reason".
I read a few but still I don't see that as them having mutual attraction
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 19