Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

John and Kelly. Yes or No?

OP TabbyKritKat

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 19
DynamiXx52 wrote:
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.
And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
If u have ever read halo evolutions,you would read where chief runs into a girl he grew up with on his home planet before he was taken and he saved her from drowning and promised to marry her one day.If chief ended up with anyone it should be her and not kelly.
He doesn't even know her very well anymore. And she may have dies during the rest of the war.
Why does it matter if he knew her well ? But apparently it's ok to get with kelly who is like a sister to him
Well people don't go dating randoms that they haven't known since they were 6. And there is nothing that makes Kelly a sister to him. What I'm trying to say is that it is more than a sister brother relationship. And another point is that the girl he knew may not have even lived through New Mombasa, and you don't date dead people
How is it more then a sister brother relationship? What evidence suggests that?
Did you even read my reasons? here in case you missed them: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
I mean reasons from actual lore, because there isnt
That does have lore in it if you read it. It points out hings that happen during the books that makes it seem like they are together
Give me some specific quotes them
Most
Here's my full-length series of essays summarizing and analyzing nearly every single significant moment between these two characters we've been shown in canon prior to 'Halo 5', complete with book quotes and chapter references:

So yes, there is more than enough existing fiction to support how strong a bond John-117 and Kelly-087 have. And it's definitely a measure apart from the relationships they have with anyone else. Now again, there's room for interpretation as to whether there are or aren't any feelings of love between the two beyond the platonic - and that's fine. However, I have to ask once more why is it apparently so intimidating for people to process the possibility of these two best friends finding some semblance of peace together as a couple should they not end up dying in battle? We know full well that Spartan-IIs are perfectly capable of pursuing romance and living happy lives outside of the UNSC if given the opportunity. So there really is no reason that John and Kelly's entirely healthy dynamic couldn't be expanded upon in the future in subtle and interesting ways - an unlikely endgame perhaps, but still worth thinking about and discussing.
Because most spartan 2s aren't like that,naomi could have left the unsc at the end of mortal Dictata and she didn't,chief and kelly are professional soldiers who care about humanity the mission and there fellow spartans, not just each other.U don't need romance in a halo game,especially romance between 2 people who are like brother and sister,this isn't game of thrones
How does what Naomi chooses to do for herself have anything to do with John and Kelly? Also no one here said anything to the effect of John and Kelly only caring about each other - just that the fact that they do obviously care about each other very much has room for potential good character development. Also again, as I've already said, no one is asking for any kind of major romantic subplot that will adversely effect the games or any other media either. Plus there isn't one piece of Halo media that says John and Kelly think of each other as "siblings" in the literal sense. So pretty much everything you put here is moot.
U guys are gonna believe what u want to believe,Halo already had that "love" thing with cortana and chief,you don't need that for chief and kelly and idk why people are pushing it like this
for people who dont want to read the paragraph-john and kelly shouldnt be together.
So are you going to support that statement with any kind of logical or canon-based reasoning, or...?
Because I still fail to see how it is implausible - let alone unreasonable - for two people who know each other better than anyone else, who can trust each other without fail, and who have enjoyed being around each other their whole lives to enter into a formal relationship should circumstances allow.
Because it's rare for spartan 2s to experience platonic love.If Randall didn't end up on sedra he wouldn't have got married or had a daughter and Maria retired to start a family,yet we haven't heard anything about her since then.spartan 2s first priority is humanities safety and survival
Actually there is more than enough canon material available to irrefutably state that the Spartan-IIs (at the very least) understand platonic love completely. So it's not rare at all. Now if you meant romantic love, we also know that such feelings can and did crop up between S-IIs as well; as evidenced by Black Team in 'Halo: Bloodlines'. However since the topic hasn't been addressed since, the "rarity" of this is completely unknown. Also since when did anyone say that John and Kelly being in love had to totally overshadow their abilities as soldiers and their dedication to protecting other people? Never.
Quote:
I read a few but still I don't see that as them having mutual attraction.
Somehow I doubt that you actually did. But either way, if you or anyone else wants to see John and Kelly's bond as being entirely platonic that's fine. The fact remains though that the foundation for a potential romance between the two is definitely supported by Halo canon and it wouldn't be at all a hindrance to the story if such a development was implemented in the right ways.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.
And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about. Please read my reasons before posting.
Dude, you just want to see romance in Halo. It's pretty obvious.
is that so bad? to see a little goodness like Romance in Halo?
No, I just though it was funny. This guy has made 2 threads with: so and so + so and so
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
Love is possible for spartan 2's as said in mortal dictata but they do not have a sex drive
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
Love is possible for spartan 2's as said in mortal dictata but they do not have a sex drive
It is possible and actually the repressed sexual drive was a possible risk of the augmentations
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Yes, they would be great together.
Thank you!!
I actually made a forum thread about this topic a few months back. It ended up being 8 pages long.
Really? Well this one is now 16 pages long and growing
IrishLaws5 wrote:
IrishLaws5 wrote:
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.
And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about. Please read my reasons before posting.
Dude, you just want to see romance in Halo. It's pretty obvious.
is that so bad? to see a little goodness like Romance in Halo?
No, I just though it was funny. This guy has made 2 threads with: so and so + so and so
And your point is? It is funny for to watch everyone reject ideas straight away.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
I didn't say he stopped caring, I meant love is out of his agenda. Like I don't mean to be toxic but this and the vale and buck thread have got to be the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
I didn't say he stopped caring, I meant love is out of his agenda. Like I don't mean to be toxic but this and the vale and buck thread have got to be the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site
The Vale and Buck one is the most stupid thing I have seen as well and I'm the creator. And it wouldn't really be out of his agenda. Think about Cortana, it is pretty obvious that he loves her, and like I said in my last post he left his job knowing the consequences just to see her again.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Not to mention really disrespectful of the real-life men and women who go through the same thing by serving in the military, coping with their trauma, and coming home to loving families every day. The Spartan-IIs do not all have "extreme" PTSD, let alone and depression, by the way - and pretty much every piece of canon material we have available backs this up. The only people trolling here are folks like you who aren't backing up anything they say with canonical points and/or being needlessly obtuse.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
I didn't say he stopped caring, I meant love is out of his agenda. Like I don't mean to be toxic but this and the vale and buck thread have got to be the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site
The Vale and Buck one is the most stupid thing I have seen as well and I'm the creator. And it wouldn't really be out of his agenda. Think about Cortana, it is pretty obvious that he loves her, and like I said in my last post he left his job knowing the consequences just to see her again.
No it's not obvious that he loves her, that's a romantic delusion of yours. He loves her as a friend, because they caught together for years. He doesn't want to snuggle up to her though
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Not to mention really disrespectful of the real-life men and women who go through the same thing by serving in the military, coping with their trauma, and coming home to loving families every day. The Spartan-IIs do not all have "extreme" PTSD, let alone and depression, by the way - and pretty much every piece of canon material we have available backs this up. The only people trolling here are folks like you who aren't backing up anything they say with canonical points and/or being needlessly obtuse.
Thank you. And if they are depressed they would probably want someone there that loves and cares for them to help them get through that
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
I didn't say he stopped caring, I meant love is out of his agenda. Like I don't mean to be toxic but this and the vale and buck thread have got to be the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site
The Vale and Buck one is the most stupid thing I have seen as well and I'm the creator. And it wouldn't really be out of his agenda. Think about Cortana, it is pretty obvious that he loves her, and like I said in my last post he left his job knowing the consequences just to see her again.
No it's not obvious that he loves her, that's a romantic delusion of yours. He loves her as a friend, because they caught together for years. He doesn't want to snuggle up to her though
I'm not saying that he loves her in a romantic way. I'm saying that he loves Cortana as a friend. And he may love Kelly in that way.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
I didn't say he stopped caring, I meant love is out of his agenda. Like I don't mean to be toxic but this and the vale and buck thread have got to be the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site
The Vale and Buck one is the most stupid thing I have seen as well and I'm the creator. And it wouldn't really be out of his agenda. Think about Cortana, it is pretty obvious that he loves her, and like I said in my last post he left his job knowing the consequences just to see her again.
No it's not obvious that he loves her, that's a romantic delusion of yours. He loves her as a friend, because they caught together for years. He doesn't want to snuggle up to her though
I'm not saying that he loves her in a romantic way. I'm saying that he loves Cortana as a friend. And he may love Kelly in that way.
That's not what this thread suggests. You're suggesting romance, and we all say they love each other like best friends or brother and sister
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
That doesn't stop them from loving each other.
Yes it does. If you are no longer capable of feeling kind feelings because of the countless lives you've taken, then you can't feel love. The wars reduced both of gem to being not much more than weapons. Like, I honestly can't tell if these annoying -Yoink- threads are trolling or not
No. When someone is depressed they don't just suddenly stop loving and caring. And he obviously doesn't, other wise he wouldn't of gone and tried to get to Cortana. He cares for her and left his job knowing the consequences just to find her. And this is not a troll thread.
I didn't say he stopped caring, I meant love is out of his agenda. Like I don't mean to be toxic but this and the vale and buck thread have got to be the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site
The Vale and Buck one is the most stupid thing I have seen as well and I'm the creator. And it wouldn't really be out of his agenda. Think about Cortana, it is pretty obvious that he loves her, and like I said in my last post he left his job knowing the consequences just to see her again.
No it's not obvious that he loves her, that's a romantic delusion of yours. He loves her as a friend, because they caught together for years. He doesn't want to snuggle up to her though
I'm not saying that he loves her in a romantic way. I'm saying that he loves Cortana as a friend. And he may love Kelly in that way.
That's not what this thread suggests. You're suggesting romance, and we all say they love each other like best friends or brother and sister
What i meant is that he may love Kelly more than that. Also we are saying that it is more than that brother, sister bond and that he loves her in the sense they want to be in a relationship.
Its practically impossible. Though it is said that spartans can still feel love in extremely rare and nearly impossible scenarios, the spartan II's view each other as family because they have spent their lives together. This shipping crap you keep talking about between spartans has only happened once and only during early years, long before the covenant showed up.
Yeah they've all got like I don't know if it's possible for a Spartan II but if it is, they've all got extreme PTSD and depression
Love is possible for spartan 2's as said in mortal dictata but they do not have a sex drive
It is possible and actually the repressed sexual drive was a possible risk of the augmentations
Im sure many spartan fell victim to that risk. Whether john is one of them or not, I am not aware
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 19