OP TabbyKritKat

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. ...
  7. 19
Nah they have more of a brother/sister relationship. Blue Team is a family of brothers and sisters.
And where in Halo canon is is stated that John and Kelly see each other as "siblings" in the literal sense? It's not. Also we know for a fact that not all of the Spartan-IIs think of each other in such a manner. Ergo at this point they are no different than any childhood sweethearts who have stayed close their entire lives.

(How many times do I have to repeat this before people actually read the thread?)
juhoxxx wrote:
I see blue team as a family. They are practically "together". John and Kelly are a bit closer yes but I don't really want then to have some sort of romance thing.
This is exactly what my standpoint is, completely professional and still a tight-knit BAMF family.
Nah they have more of a brother/sister relationship. Blue Team is a family of brothers and sisters.
And where in Halo canon is is stated that John and Kelly see each other as "siblings" in the literal sense? It's not. Also we know for a fact that not all of the Spartan-IIs think of each other in such a manner. Ergo at this point they are no different than any childhood sweethearts who have stayed close their entire lives.

(How many times do I have to repeat this before people actually read the thread?)
Sorry sorry lol I haven't read the books yet, I've just been told over and over that Blue Team think of each other as family.
still no man

Sorry sorry lol I haven't read the books yet, I've just been told over and over that Blue Team think of each other as family.
Well theres plenty of evidence in the books to suggest John and Kelly may have feelings for each other beyond the platonic. Also the "family" thing is a bit of a misnomer, because as I mentioned before that doesn’t mean all the Spartans see each other the way you see a sibling/blood relative - and being a close friend or a significant other still makes someone your proverbial family. So really it is well within possibility and propriety that John and Kelly could be in a romantic relationship the same way childhood sweethearts might.

Well theres plenty of evidence in the books to suggest John and Kelly may have feelings for each other beyond the platonic. Also the "family" thing is a bit of a misnomer, because as I mentioned before that doesn’t mean all the Spartans see each other the way you see a sibling/blood relative - and being a close friend or a significant other still makes someone your proverbial family. So really it is well within possibility and propriety that John and Kelly could be in a romantic relationship the same way childhood sweethearts might.
Hey man, if no where in lore does it say John and Kelly look at each other as siblings I'm all for it. He deserves some love in the midst of all the fighting he's done, poor guy.

Hey man, if no where in lore does it say John and Kelly look at each other as siblings I'm all for it. He deserves some love in the midst of all the fighting he's done, poor guy.
Thanks for actually taking the time to comprehend what I had to say. :) And yes, that is the very point myself and folks like the OP of this thread are trying to make - with as healthy as John and Kelly's relationship is, it could potentially be a good development for both of them to finally find some peace together if they get the chance to do so.
Nah its john and cortana when she gets a sweet and sexy forerunner robot body
What the heck?
Spartan-II are warriors, it has no time for sentimentality.
stop

With

These
Stop with what? There's no harm in trying to have a discussion about two Halo characters and their relationship.
Besides the fact that John and Kelly are both spartan IIs and don't feel emotion like me and you do, Kelly probably would've friend zoned John a long time ago
These are pointless
Profesnol wrote:
Besides the fact that John and Kelly are both spartan IIs and don't feel emotion like me and you do, Kelly probably would've friend zoned John a long time ago
Except what you said is not a "fact" at all - actually its totally wrong in pretty much every way, and canon proves it.
A possibility that won't come to pass.
It might
Well, if they 'might', then it'd be a catastrophically written story. It won't be happening.
And you're going to back this up with anything substantial, or...?
Seriously. Why is two people who have cared about each other their entire lives, who trust, and respect each other in healthy ways possibly becoming a couple so scary? Especially if it's done the same way their relationship has been built up in things like the books up to this point? The execution of it is obviously important, but unless you can see into the future with 100% accuracy there is no declaring how good/bad said story would be written.
It's common sense. It shouldn't ever happen. Blue Team sees each other as a family, not as friends. It's also rather hard for them to feel romantic feelings. Promoting a John-Kelly relationship is akin to practically promoting incest.
It might
Well, if they 'might', then it'd be a catastrophically written story. It won't be happening.
Seriously. Why is two people who have cared about each other their entire lives, who trust, and respect each other in healthy ways possibly becoming a couple so scary? Especially if it's done the same way their relationship has been built up in things like the books up to this point? The execution of it is obviously important, but unless you can see into the future with 100% accuracy there is no declaring how good/bad said story would be written.
It's common sense. It shouldn't ever happen. Blue Team sees each other as a family, not as friends. It's also rather hard for them to feel romantic feelings. Promoting a John-Kelly relationship is akin to practically promoting incest.
No, it's not "common sense". You do realize that people who are your friends can still be considered a part of your proverbial family, right? Also no it's not hard for them to feel romantic feelings, and we know this because of what we saw Victor, Otto, and Margaret go through in 'Halo: Bloodlines'. And as I've pointed out many times already, there is nothing in canon that indicates John and Kelly view each other as "siblings" in the literal sense. Ergo at this point they are no different than any childhood sweethearts who have stayed close their entire lives.
It might
No, it's not "common sense". You do realize that people who are your friends can still be considered a part of your proverbial family, right? Also no it's not hard for them to feel romantic feelings, and we know this because of what we saw Victor, Otto, and Margaret go through in 'Halo: Bloodlines'. And as I've pointed out many times already, there is nothing in canon that indicates John and Kelly view each other as "siblings" in the literal sense. Ergo at this point they are no different than any childhood sweethearts who have stayed close their entire lives.
It... is hard for them to feel romantic feelings, actually. After augmentations, the sex drive was suppressed. Did you forget that? The nature and environment of Black Team is rather different than the nature and environment of Blue Team. If I recall incorrectly, wasn't Margaret and Otto's relationship only before augmentations anyways? That reasoning simply doesn't work since we have multitudes of evidence that suggest Blue Team is a family. They view each other as siblings.

Quote:
"All the way to the end, brother."
It might
It... is hard for them to feel romantic feelings, actually. After augmentations, the sex drive was suppressed. Did you forget that? The nature and environment of Black Team is rather different than the nature and environment of Blue Team. If I recall incorrectly, wasn't Margaret and Otto's relationship only before augmentations anyways? That reasoning simply doesn't work since we have multitudes of evidence that suggest Blue Team is a family. They view each other as siblings.
No, it's not. The catalytic thyroid implant the S-IIs got only had the potential risk of a reduced sex drive - i.e. such a side effect was never guaranteed to happen at all or be permanent if it did. Not that it matters anyway, as sex drive has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on a person's capacity to feel genuine love and desire companionship. Also in what ways is the "nature and environment" of Black Team at all different than Blue Team? There literally is none. They went through all the same training and fought in the same wars. And while it is true that Margaret and Otto's relationship was while they were in training, it is made clear in the comic that Victor's own unrequited affection for her remained into adulthood. So it stands to reason that even after the augmentations Margaret and Otto could have maintained their relationship if not for Victor's interference in the first place. Not to mention we have Randall as another example; he fell in love, settled down, and even had a child with his wife after being stranded on an abandoned colony world well before the UNSC relocated him and eventually required he have most of his augmentations reversed as grounds for his release from service. Also you're confusing the meanings of the words of "family" and "relatives", as there is a difference between the two. Your close friends and significant other can be just as much a part of your family as anyone related to you by blood, if not more so. Now, some Spartan-IIs seeing each other more like literal siblings is bound to be the case for certain individuals - but again, obviously that isn't the case for all of them. And since we have yet to see anything that proves John or Kelly equate each other to siblings, they still fall well within the realm of individuals like Margaret, Otto, and Victor.
John and Kelly are essentially siblings - and see each other as such. If there is anything that makes them seem "closer" you could attribute it to the fact that Chief is the big brother of Blue team. Kelly is also the most social Spartan II.
I still ship MC and Cortana :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. ...
  7. 19