3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 19
GDTaco wrote:
no and if it was anyone it would be Linda.... She's the cutest.
His not really close to Linda, no one is
Actually, I've always imagine Fred would be with Linda. I nicknamed them the Sniper team, mostly because I started shipping them after First Strike :)
Yeah, I feel like that too. Fred and Linda seem to fit those roles really well.
GDTaco wrote:
no and if it was anyone it would be Linda.... She's the cutest.
His not really close to Linda, no one is
Actually, I've always imagine Fred would be with Linda. I nicknamed them the Sniper team, mostly because I started shipping them after First Strike :)
Yeah, I feel like that too. Fred and Linda seem to fit those roles really well.
YES! Another Fred and Linda Shipper. Those are rarer than the John and Kelly Shippers XD
I don't like that idea, no.
Are they both adults? Yes
Do I consider them mature? in some aspects, physically, mentally, yes.
emotionally? No, They've almost never experienced relationships of that sort, their dynamic is wholly different to ours when it comes to interpersonal relationships.
Spartan IIs (and to some extent IIIs) are not the type of people to pair off.
I feel like a relationship would delegitimize the narrative work that's being put into the struggle with humanity John (and Spartan IIs in general, in some cases) experience.
To be honest, I think the type of fondness they share for one another is a lot deeper than one as sensual or sexual as the one you describe, and it's more polygamous that that, too. The love they share is between each other, as a team, and as Spartans. They were raised with the mentality that family is everything, live by the pack, die by the pack. I don't think they would play favorites. Even with human psychology being what it is, That conditioning nut is a tough one to break, even disregarding all the hormonal changes they've gone through with their augmentation. and all of that isn't going to (or shouldn't) be trashed because people like to read between the lines for stuff that probably isn't even there.
Looking at Spartan IIs through a well adjusted human's lens isn't the way to go about it, not entirely, anyway. Especially when it comes to emotional maturity and the dynamics of social interaction.
As good of an idea this is, in a real world and scientific look into it, it probably won't happen. Mostly because these were children who grew up for the sole purpose of war, which is killing and dying. Don't think affection will find its way into that mind set to easily.
If you read the books Spartans II's never learned to love they were only obedient towards their commanders. They only time they ever showed emotions is when one of their brothers or sisters died in front of them. So no they shouldn't be together its just dumb no offense.
Umm im pretty sure Linda and Chief have a thing. I think its alluded to in the books multiple times...
I love how people here are so threatened by the idea of two mature, consenting adults who have known each other their whole lives and are also best friends possibly being in a healthy romantic relationship. The horror...

Simply put, the depth of their bond really goes down into the roots of John-117 and Kelly-087's characters. They've been together for 35 years almost constantly both on and off the battlefield. In fact Kelly’s partnership with John is the longest standing relationship that exists for either character in Halo canon. As the prologue of ‘The Fall of Reach’ (the very first piece of Halo fiction that was released to the public) firmly establishes Kelly’s place as John’s right-hand Spartan and confidant. Their interactions with each other are also definitely the most emphasized and unique among the members of Blue Team. We’ve seen this evidenced throughout Halo canon many times over the years - particularly through moments like Kelly giving John a special ‘Spartan smile’, and later when John confronts imminent death from Hunter cannon fire strictly to protect her. They think about each other quite often when separated, with Kelly showing particular concern for John’s well-being. And Kelly is the only person whom John has ever referred to as being beautiful. You don’t see actions like this from either of them directed towards anyone else.

I have actually compiled a summarized list of moments from the Halo books and additional official media that cite all the times we’ve seen evidence of John and Kelly’s relationship given particular attention and how that could be considered at least a basis for underlying romantic feelings:
Spoiler:
Show

Now all this could just be played as how the two are best friends that have been through a lot together. And if the relationship between them stays that way, that would still be awesome because their friendship is inherently awesome. But if it just so happens to progress into something more as Blue Team’s story goes forward, there’s definitely a long-standing and canon-based reason for such a development to potentially occur. Now is it likely to happen? Probably not. But if it did it, certainly wouldn't be unwarranted or unhealthy. That's all there is to it.
Wow.....thanks for that! :D
I wonder if people who shoot down the idea of this because it's "not want Spartan IIs are about" have considered that a signficant theme in the Reclaimer Saga is Spartan IIs reclaiming their humanity.

I also find it funny that some people are automatically associating John x Kelly with Mass Effect-style intimacy, or with Buck and Dare elevator moments. Believe it or not, relationships aren't about PDA. It might actually be interesting for Halo to examine how Spartan IIs cope with romantic feelings that have been repressed from them virtually their entire lives.
Swear there was a thread about this a couple of months back
Hell, I ship it. Why not?
Is John and Linda possible?
Can we please stop shipping Chief with another member of Blue Team? I swear, if someone does 117x104, I'm done with the Universe section of the forums.
But you can see that John and Fred are always blushing around each other.
Even though they are wearing helmets that cover their entire heads.
...I can just feel the sexual tension..

...but that's just Donuts opinion.
I mean it would be kinda cool...
I love how people here are so threatened by the idea of two mature, consenting adults who have known each other their whole lives and are also best friends possibly being in a healthy romantic relationship. The horror...

Simply put, the depth of their bond really goes down into the roots of John-117 and Kelly-087's characters. They've been together for 35 years almost constantly both on and off the battlefield. In fact Kelly’s partnership with John is the longest standing relationship that exists for either character in Halo canon. As the prologue of ‘The Fall of Reach’ (the very first piece of Halo fiction that was released to the public) firmly establishes Kelly’s place as John’s right-hand Spartan and confidant. Their interactions with each other are also definitely the most emphasized and unique among the members of Blue Team. We’ve seen this evidenced throughout Halo canon many times over the years - particularly through moments like Kelly giving John a special ‘Spartan smile’, and later when John confronts imminent death from Hunter cannon fire strictly to protect her. They think about each other quite often when separated, with Kelly showing particular concern for John’s well-being. And Kelly is the only person whom John has ever referred to as being beautiful. You don’t see actions like this from either of them directed towards anyone else.

I have actually compiled a summarized list of moments from the Halo books and additional official media that cite all the times we’ve seen evidence of John and Kelly’s relationship given particular attention and how that could be considered at least a basis for underlying romantic feelings:
Spoiler:
Show

Now all this could just be played as how the two are best friends that have been through a lot together. And if the relationship between them stays that way, that would still be awesome because their friendship is inherently awesome. But if it just so happens to progress into something more as Blue Team’s story goes forward, there’s definitely a long-standing and canon-based reason for such a development to potentially occur. Now is it likely to happen? Probably not. But if it did it, certainly wouldn't be unwarranted or unhealthy. That's all there is to it.
They were kidnapped together, went through hell training and augmentation together, KILLED things, and work together as a team, im not afraid of two people in a relationship, but SPARTAN2S?
Go back and re-learn the history of halo
Andycu5 wrote:
I wonder if people who shoot down the idea of this because it's "not want Spartan IIs are about" have considered that a signficant theme in the Reclaimer Saga is Spartan IIs reclaiming their humanity.

I also find it funny that some people are automatically associating John x Kelly with Mass Effect-style intimacy, or with Buck and Dare elevator moments. Believe it or not, relationships aren't about PDA. It might actually be interesting for Halo to examine how Spartan IIs cope with romantic feelings that have been repressed from them virtually their entire lives.
I don't think romantic pursuits are the most important parts of being human, So i'm not sure why you think a romantic pursuit is necessary for the Spartans to become more human.

I think it's more interesting to explore what Spartan IIs feel in place of romantic love (Their close-knit camaraderie, extreme form of ingroup/outgroup,) Rather than just assign generic, "human" emotions to make them seem more relatable and developed.

Even if i didn't feel these things, A romantic relationship does nothing for these characters, having a main character that DOESN'T have (and isn't interesting in having) a romantic interest is a pretty nuanced character trait, It gives John specifically a bit more distinction compared to other protagonists.
With all the augmentations that they went through, I believe one of them caused a suppressed sexual drive in the Spartan II's. So it is highly unlikely that any of the S2s would be in a relationship.
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.

And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
If u have ever read halo evolutions,you would read where chief runs into a girl he grew up with on his home planet before he was taken and he saved her from drowning and promised to marry her one day.If chief ended up with anyone it should be her and not kelly.
With all the augmentations that they went through, I believe one of them caused a suppressed sexual drive in the Spartan II's. So it is highly unlikely that any of the S2s would be in a relationship.
Randall from nightfall had a child
I Think That kelly and john are not a iteim
No. I don't want love in Halo. Plus Spartan II's were kinda... Fixed, if you know what I mean.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 19