2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 19
No I don't think it would fit into a halo story very well and it would be out of nowhere.
The Spartan 2s were stripped of all sexual drive during the augmentation. So, no.
Not to mention that Kelly is essentially Chief's sister.
Hotrod192 wrote:
What the...? No, no, no and no. While I have read and understand your reasons, it's just completely unnecessary. While I enjoy romance subplots in games like Mass Effect, that's not what Halo, or Spartan-IIs, are all about. In this franchise, the road to saving the galaxy is not through the pants of the main character's squad members.
It would be an interesting characterization for an otherwise emotionless and robotic character. It could make the halo story more interesting.
All spartans from earlier generations are siblings to one another through thick and thin. Plus a relationship between spartans can cause many problems
Umm im pretty sure Linda and Chief have a thing. I think its alluded to in the books multiple times...
no its not its called loving your brother and sister remember they grew up together they love each other as family not like that
Master Chief in love? I shudder....
No not at all
John should be together with Fred.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
╮(╯▽╰)╭
Hotrod192 wrote:
What the...? No, no, no and no. While I have read and understand your reasons, it's just completely unnecessary. While I enjoy romance subplots in games like Mass Effect, that's not what Halo, or Spartan-IIs, are all about. In this franchise, the road to saving the galaxy is not through the pants of the main character's squad members.
It would be an interesting characterization for an otherwise emotionless and robotic character. It could make the halo story more interesting.
That's the thing though, Spartan-IIs are not emotionless and robotic characters, quite the opposite actually. As we've seen in all of the books as well as Halo 4, Spartan-IIs are emotionally complex and have unique, interesting personalities. Just because 343i failed to characterize any of the returning characters properly, including Blue Team, that does not make them uninteresting as a whole.

And again, it would not make Halo's story more interesting, I find that it would do quite the opposite. The interesting thing about Spartan-IIs is that they were basically built as killing machines, and have had all of the opportunities to find love and be normal humans taken away from them. They are not meant to love and be happy, which is the tragedy behind them.
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.

And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
well, Kelly has a great -Yoink- but it would probably feel like incest to both
Luke Del wrote:
Did you really need to make another one of these threads? Almost everyone disagreed with you in the last one, why do you think that will change?

1. John and Kelly do love each other. However, this love is platonic and akin to siblings - not romantic.

2. Nearly all of your reasons are misinterpretations at best. Kelly is John's best friend and has been since they were kidnapped. He often chooses her to be part of his team because he trusts her abilities as well as her capability in being his second-in-command. However - he does not keep her on his team at all times. On your post you claimed that the only time Chief didn't choose to have Kelly accompany him is because the mission was too dangerous. This is completely wrong. John has participated in more operations and campaigns than Kelly meaning he likely chose other Spartans for his team depending on the mission parameters. This could mean that they may not see each other for several months at a time - whereas you make it sound like she never left his side. Likewise Kelly has participated in numerous solo operations. The Chief chose James-005 and Linda-058 because he believed their abilities would be better suited to the mission, and this is explicitly stated in the novel.

3. John used his body to shield Kelly in the Fall of Reach because she is a Spartan, a member of his team, and someone he cares deeply about (platonically). He would do it for any Spartan.

4. Relationships between Spartans were forbidden and other Spartans strongly disagreed with such fraternisation - as shown when Red Team gouged out Margaret-053's eye when they found out that she had secretly entered a relationship with Otto-031. Do you believe that John - squad leader of the Spartan IIs - would allow himself to partake in such behaviour? He and Kelly are professionals, entering a relationship could cause numerous potential problems such as damaging unit cohesion and interfering with mission directives. For him to do something like this would be completely out of character (like, really really out of character).

5. It has never so much as been hinted at that John and Kelly love each other in a romantic sense in any other form of media. If 343 were to pull this out of literally nowhere it would be absolutely horrendous writing and a butchering of their already established characters.
Sounds like they may do it lol. That's about all they're good for story wise
The Spartan 2s were stripped of all sexual drive during the augmentation. So, no.
Typical halo 4 and 5 lover who know nothing about halo. Please read halo tfor .
The suppressed sexual drive was never something that was guaranteed to occur, and was merely a possible side-effect of the augmentations.
The suppressed sexual drive was never something that was guaranteed to occur, and was merely a possible side-effect of the augmentations.
Thank you
Plus there both in there 50' s
Can we please stop shipping Chief with another member of Blue Team? I swear, if someone does 117x104, I'm done with the Universe section of the forums.
Wait, you mean no one's done this yet? I just kinda figured it had already happened.
Vakama905 wrote:
Can we please stop shipping Chief with another member of Blue Team? I swear, if someone does 117x104, I'm done with the Universe section of the forums.
Wait, you mean no one's done this yet? I just kinda figured it had already happened.
Well, I haven't seen any 117x104, but I try to avoid that part of the Internet/community, so as far as I care, someone may have already made that stuff.
I like that idea but it can't get in the way of the main plot line because it is after all a sci fi shooter or whatever.
Prlme21 wrote:
No I don't think it would fit into a halo story very well and it would be out of nowhere.
Not necessarily. Out of all of the members of Blue Team, John and Kelly have bonded the most. They were friends from basic training with Mendez on Reach. I think it's crossed the minds of plenty of Halo fans and most likely their characters.
Chief been into many battles, he doesn't look like he be working on having a relationship. He even see her as family
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 19