2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 19
Nobody is asking for any kind of major "romantic subplot" that remotely effects the games though. Because it's the subtleties that have made John and Kelly's dynamic so great in the first place. Myself and nobody else I know who likes this idea wants something that revolves around "getting in anyone's pants". Quite the opposite in fact. Them being Spartans means their relationship can be explored in unique ways. Just like how we see the them interact in the books, a lot can be communicated by a simple word and gesture here and there - and it certainly doesn't have to take the spotlight away from the action or their dedication to their roles as soldiers. It's all about balance. But by introducing that slight shift in their dynamic, it could bring up some interesting questions about their development as people. What they think of themselves, what's been done to them, what they fight to protect, and whether or not they may have a future outside the battlefield. Heck, it could mostly just be explored in books and other ancillary fiction - seeing as that's where most of the Spartans' real character development has always happened anyway.
I would have loved to see all the different relationships Blue Team have with each other. I don't think that John and Kelly have a typical relationship. They are probably closer to each other than anyone else in their lives. John has always admired Linda, but I think this was more of a simple crush that John felt for her. You gotta remember, they are about as emotionally developed as high schoolers when it comes to romantics. I think John and Kelly have a special relationship, the same way John and Cortana were special. Obviously John and Cortana were close(she was literally in his head all the time), but I don't think John was just "in love with her". I think they loved each other, but not in a way that can be explained easily. John loves Kelly, and Kelly loves John, but again not in any conventional way.

...not like whoever wrote Halo 5 would know that though. Blue team just don't "have any distinct personalities or traits"(C'mon Frankie). Chief never once shows concern for Kelly or the rest of Blue Team other than when they go down and you have to revive them in game. That is it. What the hell? I really would like to see Blue Team fleshed out for people who haven't read the books, but I would also like for them to act like themselves for the people that have known them for years.

...just my opinion.

no because of cortana
I think love isn't a priority for a Spartan II
It would be a waste that John did not have at least one child
but who know maybe maybe not
This hurts me physically to see someone suggest this.

Spartan-IIs are the best soldiers the UNSC has.

Unless a Spartan-II is injured to the point of ineffectiveness in combat, they will not be removed from war. Spartans are too good, efficient. They don't just 'retire'.

If a Spartan-II somehow survived until they were of an age that would inhibit combat prowess, they would still be heavily used by the military. It has been said many times that S-IIs are some of the most brilliant tactical planners and strategists. The UNSC would place them in positions of high authority, to grant them access to decision making power. They'd be in the art of war until they died.

S-IIs very effectively suppress their emotions. It would be extremely odd to have John fall for Kelly, or vice versa (though Halo 5's John seems to be incredibly emotional).
The reason S-IIs can suppress their emotions is because they are sent on high priority missions. Missions no one else could take. It was inevitable that some would die.

Having emotions on the battlefield is dangerous. Emotions cloud your judgement. The death of a team member would most likely cause sadness, anger, and doubt.

These are the worst things to have on the battlefield. This is why the Spartans have been bred to be virtually emotionless.

TL;DR-
S-IIs are highly trained killing machines who can't ever retire. Their emotions are suppressed through training. Love is not the sort of thing that would develop between two Spartans.

Also, the only reason that John cares for Cortana so much is that she was with him during the most difficult and harrowing times of his life. They forged an incredible bond. Sure, Blue Team has a great bond too, but when you, one soldier, save everyone in the galaxy with a companion...that's even stronger. But it's not love. It's more of an understanding.
Hell no. Not every man and woman have to be together because they are opposite sex. Let's just have a badass story, none of that lovey garbage.

What a cancerous post
Notice how I back up all the points that support my argument with actual evidence and analysis of official canon materials, unlike the vast majority who claim to disagree. Also anyone using the "killing machine" diatribe is just flat out wrong in regards to what these characters are actually like - we have had it shown for us over and over that the Spartan-IIs are still very much human, and have the same capacity for feeling as anyone else.
The Spartan 2s were stripped of all sexual drive during the augmentation. So, no.
Not to mention that Kelly is essentially Chief's sister.
The suppressed sexual drive was never something that was guaranteed to occur, and was merely a possible side-effect of the augmentations.
I stand corrected
If this is what you worry about all day I am kinda sad for you
HWZ2 wrote:
The Spartan 2s were stripped of all sexual drive during the augmentation. So, no.
Typical halo 4 and 5 lover who know nothing about halo. Please read halo tfor .
Please, tell me where I'm wrong, instead of simply posting something nonconstructive?
And I've read Fall of Reach three times. Along with The Flood, First Strike, Contact Harvest, and Ghosts of Onyx.
Old Sweepi wrote:
Well firstly, SIIs are the pinnacle of professionalism. And secondly , They know nothing , but war. That's all they were trained to do and that's all they've been doing for over 30 years. They were meant to live and die on the frontline of battle, even the SIIs themselves know that's their fate
I completely agree with you.

Nevertheless, I would like to see more campaign with blue team, and maybe some missions with only john and kelly...
Notice how I back up all the points that support my argument with actual evidence and analysis of official canon materials, unlike the vast majority who claim to disagree. Also anyone using the "killing machine" diatribe is just flat out wrong in regards to what these characters are actually like - we have had it shown for us over and over that the Spartan-IIs are still very much human, and have the same capacity for feeling as anyone else.
No -Yoink- you use "evidence", your only evidence is the absence of john explicitly stating "I am not thinking nor ever thought nor ever will think of Kelly as a romantic partner"
No one is saying Spartans don't feel emotions
I just find it equal parts ridiculous and corny that these characters would just up and get the hots for one another despite the fact that it's entirely contrary to their purpose, their upbringing, and every bit of lore that we've seen since 2001.
It undermines them when them as characters, it's a puerile approach to humanizing them when you could be focusing on how they actually interact with one another instead of forcing your ship on everyone else.
This again?
Absolutely not.
Edit: all the "evidence" being cited that their relationship is deeper than any other Spartans still doesn't mean romance is there. Kelly can platonically like Chief more than any other Spartan; just because she speaks more candidly to him than anyone else and constantly worries about his safety doesn't mean she's expecting to jump his bones. Typical siblings have the same sort of relationship: concern for safety/well-being and a heightened degree of comfort around each other. I'll just bring up an excerpt from that article in the OP:
Quote:
and though a lot can still be chalked up to fan speculation, there is still no denying the camaraderie that exists between these two characters
Yes, there is camaraderie, absolutely. But that doesn't in any way suggest romantic or sexual feelings between the two. If you see that in their relationship, it is nothing more than wishful thinking. There is more than one kind of love in the world.
I'm pretty sure that this (pretty much) EXACT post has been up before and my answer is the same. NO! Halo is not a love story. And besides, it's essentially been done with Chief and Cortana.
Didn't Kelly have a thing for Sam when he was alive?..
HWZ2 wrote:
Typical halo 4 and 5 lover who know nothing about halo. Please read halo tfor .
Please, tell me where I'm wrong, instead of simply posting something nonconstructive?
And I've read Fall of Reach three times. Along with The Flood, First Strike, Contact Harvest, and Ghosts of Onyx.
Then read it correctly this time
Dear God please no.
I wouldn't mind a relationship between Kelly and John if done right.
I really like the idea of Kelly and John together.

And this is why: http://117--087.tumblr.com/about
No.If someone should with John it should be Linda. Because they where together in halo CE (When playing Co-op the second character was Linda)
Nope, Cortana might be jelouse and kill the whole universe
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 19