3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 19
Hotrod192 wrote:
the road to saving the galaxy is not through the pants of the main character's squad members.
Beautiful
ImAri3s wrote:
Umm im pretty sure Linda and Chief have a thing. I think its alluded to in the books multiple times...
no its not its called loving your brother and sister remember they grew up together they love each other as family not like that
Its even stated in the books that sexual encounters were expected within the group. One of halseys excerpts I believe. And ofcourse its all up to the readers interpratation. However ill have to go find the passages to quote them. The point of this thread is chief and kelly to get back on topic, however after reading the EU i find a chief/linda couple to be more believable.

Sorry for spelling errors, typing while out and about.

Also my original statement was about them having a closer relationship, not necessarily sexual but closer than kelly. Although its not like it really matters the endgame would still be a power couple.
GDTaco wrote:
no and if it was anyone it would be Linda.... She's the cutest.
His not really close to Linda, no one is
they are close just not as close in my opinion. They have none each other there whole lives.
GDTaco wrote:
I would disagree. In First Strike, they were all willing to risk their lives to go get Linda in a Banshee while she was hanging on a rope, sniping, while the Unyielding Hierophant was about to blow up. All Spartan-IIs, especially Blue Team, are extremely close to one another.
GDTaco wrote:
GDTaco wrote:
they are close just not as close in my opinion. They have none each other there whole lives.
Knowing someone your whole life is in no way a reason not to be together. Also as someone who has deployed to a hostile enviroment. I know of three examples where after the deployment a couple has gotten married and way more than that who have atleast started dating. In real life situations where the military is involved its actually quite common, even when someone else in the relationship is already married. You build a closeness and trust that civilians can never understand.
Simply put no blue team is like a family they look out for each other's backs and treat each other like brothers and sisters
Here's my full-length series of essays summarizing and analyzing nearly every single significant moment between these two characters we've been shown in canon prior to 'Halo 5', complete with book quotes and chapter references:

So yes, there is more than enough existing fiction to support how strong a bond John-117 and Kelly-087 have. And it's definitely a measure apart from the relationships they have with anyone else. Now again, there's room for interpretation as to whether there are or aren't any feelings of love between the two beyond the platonic - and that's fine. However, I have to ask once more why is it apparently so intimidating for people to process the possibility of these two best friends finding some semblance of peace together as a couple should they not end up dying in battle? We know full well that Spartan-IIs are perfectly capable of pursuing romance and living happy lives outside of the UNSC if given the opportunity. So there really is no reason that John and Kelly's entirely healthy dynamic couldn't be expanded upon in the future in subtle and interesting ways - an unlikely endgame perhaps, but still worth thinking about and discussing.
John and Linda if anything!
I don't ship it.
John x Linda my dudes.

His reaction when she "died" in Fall of Reach first gave me a bit of an inkling, but he straight up broke indoctrination and went back for her in First Strike.

Besides, Fred x Kelly is amazingly better.
Please no, why would you even suggest that. There is no chance.
Hypearion wrote:
Hypearion wrote:
The Spartan 2s were stripped of all sexual drive during the augmentation. So, no.
Not to mention that Kelly is essentially Chief's sister.
Typical halo 4 and 5 lover who know nothing about halo. Please read halo tfor .
Please, tell me where I'm wrong, instead of simply posting something nonconstructive?
And I've read Fall of Reach three times. Along with The Flood, First Strike, Contact Harvest, and Ghosts of Onyx.
Then read it correctly this time
Once again, tell me where I'm wrong. What did I misread?
I love how people here are so threatened by the idea of two mature, consenting adults who have known each other their whole lives and are also best friends possibly being in a healthy romantic relationship. The horror...

Simply put, the depth of their bond really goes down into the roots of John-117 and Kelly-087's characters. They've been together for 35 years almost constantly both on and off the battlefield. In fact Kelly’s partnership with John is the longest standing relationship that exists for either character in Halo canon. As the prologue of ‘The Fall of Reach’ (the very first piece of Halo fiction that was released to the public) firmly establishes Kelly’s place as John’s right-hand Spartan and confidant. Their interactions with each other are also definitely the most emphasized and unique among the members of Blue Team. We’ve seen this evidenced throughout Halo canon many times over the years - particularly through moments like Kelly giving John a special ‘Spartan smile’, and later when John confronts imminent death from Hunter cannon fire strictly to protect her. They think about each other quite often when separated, with Kelly showing particular concern for John’s well-being. And Kelly is the only person whom John has ever referred to as being beautiful. You don’t see actions like this from either of them directed towards anyone else.

I have actually compiled a summarized list of moments from the Halo books and additional official media that cite all the times we’ve seen evidence of John and Kelly’s relationship given particular attention and how that could be considered at least a basis for underlying romantic feelings:
Spoiler:
Show

Now all this could just be played as how the two are best friends that have been through a lot together. And if the relationship between them stays that way, that would still be awesome because their friendship is inherently awesome. But if it just so happens to progress into something more as Blue Team’s story goes forward, there’s definitely a long-standing and canon-based reason for such a development to potentially occur. Now is it likely to happen? Probably not. But if it did it, certainly wouldn't be unwarranted or unhealthy. That's all there is to it.
Well said, I'm impressed.
This ain't Mass Effect.
No, no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Here's my full-length series of essays summarizing and analyzing nearly every single significant moment between these two characters we've been shown in canon prior to 'Halo 5', complete with book quotes and chapter references:

So yes, there is more than enough existing fiction to support how strong a bond John-117 and Kelly-087 have. And it's definitely a measure apart from the relationships they have with anyone else. Now again, there's room for interpretation as to whether there are or aren't any feelings of love between the two beyond the platonic - and that's fine. However, I have to ask once more why is it apparently so intimidating for people to process the possibility of these two best friends finding some semblance of peace together as a couple should they not end up dying in battle? We know full well that Spartan-IIs are perfectly capable of pursuing romance and living happy lives outside of the UNSC if given the opportunity. So there really is no reason that John and Kelly's entirely healthy dynamic couldn't be expanded upon in the future in subtle and interesting ways - an unlikely endgame perhaps, but still worth thinking about and discussing.
Dude, if you focused that obsession into neurosciences, you could've probably found the cure to Alzheimers by now.
Yes kelly is the best
OP can make a thread about whatever they want. Also since the vast majority of people who seem to disagree never explain or support their position with anything substantial, I don't see why their answers should determine the validity of such a topic's existence.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 19