2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11

How do you feel about Locke being a main character

Make Your Selection:

Hello,

Anyone else feel Locke isn't a strong enough character to oppose everything we have ever known in Halo as Chief fans? I mean we have played as the Master Chief for 1 years then this guy rolls up and expects to win hearts and minds, getting 12 campaign mission out of the 15 within the game? I feel he is kind of forced into the role and doesn't have the attributes that a main character of an established series should have. Opinions please?

-Edited for accurate number of campaign missions Osiris is getting
People said the exact same -Yoink- about the Arbiter when he was first introduced, and look how beloved that character has become.
Why don't we like, you know, wait until we actually play the game to decide?
Locke is cool, How can you know what his really like a character though unless you actually give him a chance in game? Also Locke is supposedly the main character for 12 of the 15 missions in game Chief is only 3.
Arparagus wrote:
Why don't we like, you know, wait until we actually play the game to decide?
Well he has a lot of lore out already, from trailers, to nightfall, and the books! That's why I put "i don't know' as an option because who knows, he could suprise us.
I guess Locke is alright. He definitely isn't on chiefs level but he isn't that bad. The kinda had to give him 7 missions to split the story. He is an ex-ONI agent who probably doesn't know why he is after blue team. I'm betting all ONI or the UNSC told him is that they are traitors. He's kinda like the arbiter from halo 2. He's just gotta figure out the truth. That's just speculation though.

So to answer, I like his character and I hope he has room to grow in future games.
Take this with a grain of salt, but I would like to say, and again I am not 100% sure of this, that Locke does not have 7 missions, but 12.
He's okay so far, but will make my final judgement after playing through campaign. Master Chief John-117 will always be the GOAT though...
Locke is cool, How can you know what his really like a character though unless you actually give him a chance in game? Also Locke is supposedly the main character for 12 of the 15 missions in game Chief is only 3.
I seriously hope that is false.
We all know Buck is the star of the show.
Try not to cry

Here and Here
KingRawer wrote:
I seriously hope that is false.
From the mission descriptions it seems true...But if you also look at the length of the first 3 missions Blue Team's mission is about the length of both of the Locke missions so that's something at least.
I think Locke could go either way, I'm waiting to play through. Honestly more excited about Buck being back than Locke though.
People said the exact same -Yoink- about the Arbiter when he was first introduced, and look how beloved that character has become.
Idk about you, but I still dislike playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2A. He's okay, but I don't like playing as him.

Same for Locke, he's okay and all. I just don't want to play as him in the campaign.
Try not to cry

Here and Here
;_;

On the plus side, we get some more Buck action.
Try not to cry

Here and Here
Oh my...
We didn't play as the Arbiter for nearly the entirety of H2. Unless the Blue Team missions are REALLY good I'm gonna be disappointed with the campaign.
dgoBites wrote:
Idk about you, but I still dislike playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2A. He's okay, but I don't like playing as him.

Same for Locke, he's okay and all. I just don't want to play as him in the campaign.
My thing is this: I like the Arbiter as a character probably just as much, if not, more than the Chief, but I don't like his missions in Halo 2 save for the Heretic station levels. They were always a bit boring and tedious to me compared to all of Chief's missions.
dgoBites wrote:

I really liked being able to see how the covenant acted, and more backstory. It'll be interesting to see what its like to try and follow Blue Team and figure out what they are up to. The balance of missions is a bit disappointing but I'm sure its for a good reason, I'm hoping for some really good what is going on my life is a lie moments.
People are so judgmental for not having even played the game yet. Give it a chance, then form an educated opinion of how Locke is as a main protagonist.
Let's talk about a literary device called character arc.

Locke has room to grow and develop. 'Nuff said. It took Chief 4 games to get to where he is, do you really want Locke that fleshed out from the gate?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11