Locke is out of place as a main characher

OP Thrilluwu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
Hard to say without playing through the game. I didn't care for him too much in Nightfall, but I didn't really care for Nightfall in it's entirety so my judgement could have been skewed. I think I may like him more once he with Buck and the rest of Osiris.
In my opinion the reason why not many people like locke is because of the poor way they introduced him as a charicter, like nightfall was not a great movie we all thought it was goinging to be bigger then foward unto dawn, but it wasnt. no offence to 343 or anyone i have yet to find that does like it. thats why i feel as if locke isnt good enogh if they showed him off in a seperate series kicking butt everyone would like him. Everyone would think his cool that people would be more excited for locke, but instead 343 just said "hey this guy is a now a spartan, you know the guy from movie? now you can see if his going to be poo face or not to cheif." I'll be honest i dont like him so far but we have to wait and see. I mean we all like chief because weve seen the crap his been through. 343 may even make halo 6 all about locke and everyone might like his story or he may die in halo 5 we cant really tell yet.
Let's talk about a literary device called character arc.

Locke has room to grow and develop. 'Nuff said. It took Chief 4 games to get to where he is, do you really want Locke that fleshed out from the gate?
YES THANK YOU. It's like half the community doesn't grasp - or just refuses to acknowledge - that new characters need a limelight. The only reason Buck is in 5 is because his character was completely developed from ODST. Locke, Tanaka, and Vale have very limited face time, each being one novel. They need time and the chance to develop. Chief has had since 2001, and Blue Team as a whole has had just about as long.
I mean, I love Kelly and all her sass, but.. The storytelling mechanics that Halo 5 is seeming to dish our are magnificent.
intresting.
I'd rather play as Master Chief the whole time. I'm not a huge Locke fan. Maybe he'll seem better through the game. As long as he makes the right decisions throughout the story, he may be redeemed.
He has the potential as a great character or even replacement
I mean they have to send someone to hunt down Master Chief. My top option would have been Buck, but Locke seems to have an interesting back story.
i hate that he is forced on us as this ultimate warrior guy. and then he is trying to hunt the MC?!? lol that is such a sad joke 343. he is a S4, blue team is the most skille s2 commandos and most deadly Spartans alive. the math doesn't add up. everything about locke i just really hate. and now i have to play as him? i feel gaming raped by that 343.
i dont really know yet, but one thing is for sure: He wont ever replace master chief in the hearts of fans or in the series.
He is ok
Locke is great!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11