3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
Ninja SWE wrote:
lol am I the only one who voted I hate Locke?
Hehe I chose that ONLY cuz I am in deep love with masterchief thou, I cannot ever like Locke....
It's hard to like someone that wants to shame the character we have loved for 13 years
I think he will be a good addition to the gameplay. Always good to change things up every now and then.
DreadGrunt wrote:
DreadGrunt wrote:
dgoBites wrote:
dgoBites wrote:
Try not to cry

Here and Here
Wow, really disappointed...
Why?
Only a few Chief missions? All my excitement for the campaign is gone.
Still excited for Arena though.
I mean locke's voice actor did tell us that he would be the primary character in halo 5..... it isn't like they left you in the dark.... the info is here.......
And Frankie did immediate damage control and said Chief is still the main protagonist, which obviously isn't true.
As of now he is the main protagonist, they've said many times that locke's role isn't just hunting chief but it is also observing cheifs actions which basically means that even though we will be playing as locke more than chief we are mearly observers of the chiefs l and his story in halo 5. Which makes him the main protagonist.
Yeah, because finding random items on the ground will be so enjoyable and really make me enjoy having Blue Team in the game. I'm not against Locke being a playable character, but giving him the vast majority of the game is a mistake. Frankly at this point most of my hype for the campaign has died, I'll reserve my final judgement until I play but I'm not expecting to be blown away.
That's fine.. blue team could always get more playtime in halo 6
I personally dont find his character that interesting but I could be proven wrong once the story unfolds. As of now I just view him as a regular soldier, Chief IMO atleast has some sort of complex story behind him that drives him. Lockes is a stereotypical soldier tale, (got stranded, made sacrifices, complete mission with loss.
I'm just glad this time I knew beforehand that I'd be playing as Locke in this campaign alongside Chief. Although I figured half the campaign would be played as MC and half would be Locke, or it would be as close to even as possible. That doesn't seem to be the case but that's alright, it should be less jarring than Halo 2 when it switched perspective each time I completed one of those short 'two part' levels. Hated that.

Anyway Locke seems ok from what I saw of him in Nightfall and in trailers and stuff. And I knew going into this game that I'd be playing as both characters, so that helped me accept it better. My issue with Arby back in Halo 2 was he was such an unpleasant surprise to me. In the trailers it looked like the campaign was going to be this epic battle for earth, but instead there was a short stint where we fought in earth's orbit followed by another stint on the ground, and that was it for that. Bungie and deception go together like -Yoink- and tissues.
Try not to cry

Here and Here
This seriously pisses me off. I'm willing to accept the split campaign and Locke as a character, but Osiris gets 80% of the game!?! That's utterly ridiculous!
I'm not really liking that Locke has the majority of the campaign missions, but I don't really want to condemn him yet. I'll at least give him a fair chance. I was hoping that the campaign would be split similar to how Halo: 2 split missions between Chief & Arbiter.
Will have to wait until I finish the campaign to make a decision.
The main playable character doesn't necessarily have to be the main narrative character. I doubt playing as Locke will feel all that different from playing as the Chief, and Chief is the main character of the story. That's not really new to the series either, since we've seen Chief's story from the Arbiter's point of view a few times, and there have been plenty of times throughout the first four games where, IMO, it felt an awful lot like we were just seeing Cortana's story from Chief's point of view. It's a wonder the Covenant did come to see Chief as a mere delivery vehicle for the dreaded Cortana Virus!
I don't know how to feel about Locke. If you haven't seen Nightfall or read the books he's mentioned in, he really seems like an arrogant wannabe trying to hunt Chief down. Based on the games alone, it kinda hurts to "hunt" down the guy you've been for the past couple of main Halo games. However, like most have said...we won't really know how to feel until the actual game comes out and we see what the story has to say about it all. Although I am a bit bummed that Chief only gets 3 missions this go around.
dont care about locke
I have no idea how I feel about Locke. I might end up really enjoying his character. He'll never replace Chief, but as some others have mentioned, this same thing happened in Halo 2 where we played as the Arbitor for many missions. And most ended up really enjoying the character by the end. I feel it's unfair to judge the character before even playing the game, buy hey, that's just my opinion.
I have no idea how I feel about Locke. I might end up really enjoying his character. He'll never replace Chief, but as some others have mentioned, this same thing happened in Halo 2 where we played as the Arbitor for many missions. And most ended up really enjoying the character by the end. I feel it's unfair to judge the character before even playing the game, buy hey, that's just my opinion.
*Arbiter*
There was a pretty even split between the Chief and Arbiter in H2, we're going to play as Osiris for 80% of H5.
DreadGrunt wrote:
DreadGrunt wrote:
dgoBites wrote:
dgoBites wrote:
Try not to cry

Here and Here
Wow, really disappointed...
Why?
Only a few Chief missions? All my excitement for the campaign is gone.
Still excited for Arena though.
I mean locke's voice actor did tell us that he would be the primary character in halo 5..... it isn't like they left you in the dark.... the info is here.......
Yeah, because finding random items on the ground will be so enjoyable and really make me enjoy having Blue Team in the game. I'm not against Locke being a playable character, but giving him the vast majority of the game is a mistake. Frankly at this point most of my hype for the campaign has died, I'll reserve my final judgement until I play but I'm not expecting to be blown away.
Same feeling.
Thrilluwu wrote:
Predictions: Lockes realization that ONI is bull and that humanity in danger slowly pushes him to help chief, chief dies at the end Locke carries on his legacy. Predictable?
Nightfall's ending monologue actually makes me think Locke will be the one to die.
Next thing you know Chief won't even be playable for Halo 6...
Does Locke kinda remind anyone of Irish from Battlefield 4?
i think Locke would make a good addition to the game but the spotlight and main protagonist should be the chief.
Does Locke kinda remind anyone of Irish from Battlefield 4?
Not even a little bit...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11