2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11
Let's just wait until we actually play the game and see how he fits from there. A lot of people were saying the same thing about Arby when he showed up in H2, but look where he is now, loved by millions!
Personally, I like Locke's place as one of the main characters in Halo 5.
And more to the point that I'm trying to make: Change is good. People said the exact same thing you did when Halo 2 was released with the Sangheili Arbiter back
in 2004...and look at him today.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
I Cant say im a fan but. He will play a huge part in the story.
I don't think the point of him coming into HALO was to be well liked at first or even admired as a hero. He is from ONI, he would already be disliked by the majority of the people based on what he does for a living for the military. Let alone that he has been tasked to hunt down the icon of our hope and freedom. The way he has been brought in was to be a form of an antagonist, he isn't bad but in our minds he isn't a good guy either. At the end of the day he is just one soldier following his orders from a higher power, that being said he is no Chief.
I think people who don't like Locke are racist because his color. He's actually a really great guy if you watched Halo Nightfall. His voice is awesome. Waaaay better than master chiefs. He is more focused on protecting civilians and destroying the traitor where as master chief is being all weird because his AI Girlfriend died. I mean really... Get over it. She's a dang computer... Change is a great thing. But I think Master Chief and Locke will end up becoming friends at the end once Master Chief convinces him otherwise the whole entire franchise went down the drain.
Oh good, I was wondering when someone would say "You just hate Locke cause your racist." It's not because we're racist, it's that Nightfall did a really bad job getting us to care about him.
People said the exact same -Yoink- about the Arbiter when he was first introduced, and look how beloved that character has become.
I agree with him, because you never know what will happen with Locke, until the 27th.
I like the idea of Locke a lot. I thin the fact he was kinda thrown in without all too much exposition will make us more interested in his character. Like, we can see in a lot of movies now, the villain having pure intentions but a skewed perspective. After all, Locke is UNSC, but paid by ONI to hunt Chief. So when you think of it, Locke and his team are exactly that, Heroes with a skewed vision, because ONI lies about everything.
Anyone agree with me on my comment?
Locke is cool
Thrilluwu wrote:
Hello,

Anyone else feel Locke isn't a strong enough character to oppose everything we have ever known in Halo as Chief fans? I mean we have played as the Master Chief for 1 years then this guy rolls up and expects to win hearts and minds, getting 12 campaign mission out of the 15 within the game? I feel he is kind of forced into the role and doesn't have the attributes that a main character of an established series should have. Opinions please?

-Edited for accurate number of campaign missions Osiris is getting
While I don't hate Locke he does seem boring from the movie they made last year....I mean he's kinda just another soilder

Maybe if he has a really good backstory of why he's hunting Chief it will make me like him better and his choices in the game will make me decide if I would like to see him in another game or not.....but as of now like I said before he seems boring.

I have no clue why anyone hated the Arbiter in a sequel game its almost unheard of to play the villains factor ever....so for me it that's why the second game is still the best story because he had a character ark and it made sense why he changed to be on the good guys side.
Take this with a grain of salt, but I would like to say, and again I am not 100% sure of this, that Locke does not have 7 missions, but 12.
No your right its 12 missions its basically confirmed.
Thrilluwu wrote:
Predictions: Lockes realization that ONI is bull and that humanity in danger slowly pushes him to help chief, chief dies at the end Locke carries on his legacy. Predictable?
Nightfall's ending monologue actually makes me think Locke will be the one to die.
I agree. Thought this when I watched through the second time. I like Locke as a character, but with as much playtime as he's getting over Chief I hope you and I are correct..

Edit: And to clarify, my hope is borne from spite at the disparity is playtime.
I love Locke he will be badass
You know, I don't know Locke very well, I'm sure most people here don't, but from what I've know so far, like him chasing the Master Chief, and him being a Past ONI Spartan, I'd say he's pretty okay. It sucks he's chasing my favorite character, but I still have to say he's good for a new main character and Spartan, so to say the least, he's alright.
Arparagus wrote:
Why don't we like, you know, wait until we actually play the game to decide?
This...
I think people who don't like Locke are racist because his color. He's actually a really great guy if you watched Halo Nightfall. His voice is awesome. Waaaay better than master chiefs. He is more focused on protecting civilians and destroying the traitor where as master chief is being all weird because his AI Girlfriend died. I mean really... Get over it. She's a dang computer... Change is a great thing. But I think Master Chief and Locke will end up becoming friends at the end once Master Chief convinces him otherwise the whole entire franchise went down the drain.
It doesn't have anything to do with the color of his skin. Saying something like that is idiotic because the reason most people don't like Locke is because he is a main character who is hunting down Master Chief, nothing more nothing less. Buck even says it in one of the clips that they would be hated if people knew what they were doing.
Thrilluwu wrote:
I mean we have played as the Master Chief for 1 years then this guy rolls up and expects to win hearts and minds
1 years?
Locke isn't supposed to be the loved character he is supposed to be hated
I agree with AlphaAlfar, Locke was never meant to be loved because of who he is. He is an ONI agent tasked with the job of hunting down the worlds greatest hero. Who wouldn't be hated for doing that job? I think he has the potential to be much more at some point later on down the line but as of right now what people are seeing and reacting to is that he is in fact hunting down our hero.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11